“Another great holiday”

Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another great holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed with my dad and 4yr old son in a one bed apt. Perfect, enough space and privacy. Rooms again clean and provided with clean linen and towels. Yunis and his team are very friendly and welcoming making the holiday very relaxed and enjoyable. It's our 2nd year at the Tropicana and wont be the last. The only reason I rate 4/5 is we felt the entertainment needs to be earlier. My little boy would have loved to join in but it was all too late. We did try the Turkish night but had to leave half way through due to my son falling asleep at the table :( As Hassan would say 'Not to be missed'

3 Thank kerry o

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at this apartment in May 2014 for 2 weeks. We had booked a self catering studio but when we arrived late at night we were put into a room only apartment. I went back to reception but the nightshift receptionist was not much help to be honest. He asked me to come back in the morning.
When we went back in the morning we were allocated a big 1 bedroom apartment. This was really good because we had only booked a studio. The apartment was very big. We had 2 sofas in the lounge area, a seperate bedroom, a big toilet with a huge shower cubicle and a seperate kitchen.
What I will say is that if you are looking for a quieter room you are best to ask for a room away from the bar because the music play all day till early hours of the morning. Also I would ask for an upper floor because I didn't fancy the rooms on the ground floor. They looked quite dingy. The pool area is very clean. The cleaners are ok. They come every day and do just the basics, which is what you get in any apartment.
We got clean towels every day and the bed linen was changed every 2-3 days.
They have their own beach outside the hotel and it was really nice there. They are next door to the Siesta Beach Apartments. We looked at these apartments as well but went for the Tropicana based on the tripadvisor reviews.
The apartment is not right in the heart of Gumbet but it is easily reached by a 10-15 minute walk. We preferred to be away from the main drag to be honest.
The hotel holds a few entertainment nights e.g. Turkish night, breakdancers, karaoke.
The dolmus runs right outside the hotel to Bodrum and brings you right back outside again - all for 3 lira each way.
We had a really nice enjoyable stay here.

Room Tip: Upper room away from bar
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kazzakat73
Wisbech, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

As hotels go this one is pretty good, but to my mind after working in the travel industry for over thirty years failed in certain quarters. I don't know where the previous person stayed as my towels and sheets were only changed twice a week as per the notice in my room. Also the cleaning standard could have been better as my wash hand basin and surround was not cleaned the whole time i was there. The lower ground garden rooms are nice and large but do get hot and I felt that to ask £25 a week for air con to be rather expensive. Yes the staff were friendly and Murat did a very good job in keeping the beach clean and tidy.So if you want a good hotel not far from town all though their are a number of hills to climb to get into town your enjoy it. The Dolmus does stop outside though.

Room Tip: quiet rooms are the garden rooms of the hotel as i said if you don't mind paying for air con
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank chrisnumberone
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have recently had to good fortune to stay here for 3 weeks - 3 glorious weeks. The hotel is superb. The rooms are wonderful, light airy and spotless (serviced everyday by the nicest cleaners who change sheets, towels etc every day and smile!). Nothing is too much for the super staff who go out of their way to make your stay memorable. Everything about this hotel is absolutely incredible - we will certainly be returning next year!
I give this hotel 10 stars.

2 Thank jeanette r
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We recently went on a family holiday to Gumbet, we stayed in this hotel. We normally go for a slightly higher star hotel but we needed a place the whole family could afford. When we arrived the staff could not be any more welcoming. When they saw we had our daughter of 4 they moved us rooms a few doors down we then realised that's so it was a little quiter at night as the pool bar play fairly loud music till quite late but in all honesty it did not affect any of us in the room we had. We were offered to pay for air conditioning but our room was cool enough with out it. The pool is a great size and always sun beds to use. Food was great quality to the staff work very hard and are non stop. The rooms are very basic but a good 3 star hotel. If you wanted or get fussy the Devore in the room was sloppy paint and patch up kind of job, but the beds were comfy and the shower was properly the best shower we have had on holiday. It is a short walk in to the town with lists of places to stop along the way, the beach also get nicer as you walk around the bay, we were told they are re-doing all of the beach at the end of this season so next year I imagine it will look beautiful. There was not much for the kids to do at the hotel, but they we happy for floats and toys in the pool, outside along the bay there is lots of little parks and play places. Everyone in turkey is brilliant with kids we did not find anywhere that wasn't, they are very touchy with them, kisses cuddles i had been told that before I went out so I was prepared and I'm glad I was but it's harmless and there culture. Everyone is such a family person they just enjoy kids being around.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms where cooler than the middle and top rooms so we did not need air con.
3 Thank Shellshobly
sunderland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week with my partner and from the moment we got their the fantastic service began. They had a bbq that night so before we checked in we were shown a table to get something to eat because we were starving after travelling. The 5* service carried on the whole week can't praise the staff enough. The hotel is clean and the food in the panorama restaurant is lovely. Next time we go the only thing I will change is the room. We had a studio apartment which was nice but I found it a bit dark and we didn't have much outside space but apart from that fantastic and we will be returning :)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank emma d
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is the third time I have been to the tropicana the past two times have been with my girlfriend and I can't recommend this hotel enough. As soon as you get there you are felt welcome by Ahmet and all of the reception staff, you are helped to your room with your luggage and the room is spotless. Hassan, Baris and Ferhat the bar staff are very friendly/ funny and keep you very entertained throughout the day and in the evenings. The meals are lovely and there are plenty of drinks to choose from. This all couldn't be done without Yunis the manager who couldn't do anymore to go out his way to make sure your holiday is as good as possible. Overall the holiday has been amazing once again and we won't hesitate to go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kieran B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Magnific Hotel
Green House Apart Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#6 of 99 in Bodrum City

Been to Tropicana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!