“Dont buy anything from the hotel, its a rip off 5lira for a bottle of water”
Review of Siesta Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gumbet
Siesta Hotel
Ranked #53 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
falkirk
“Dont buy anything from the hotel, its a rip off 5lira for a bottle of water”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Most rooms have tv's with half a dozen fuzzy turkish channels, air conditioning is £28 a week EXTRA, what a lovely surprise on arrival. We booked B&B, the breakfast is a boiled egg bread and a slice of cheese and a bit tomato and cucumber, if u want an english breakfast instead this will cost 5 lira, which in comparison to some places is quite cheap, however dont be fooled by this as its the only bargain youll find at this hotel, they charge 5 lira for a bottle of water ! There are signs up everywhere telling you that no food or drink purchased anywhere else are allowed in the hotel. The manager is a strange man with a false smile, all the guests were weary of him. The hotel itself is nice and clean and is in an ideal location although the balconys are tiny ,no room for a chair , barely room for one person to stand. Drinks are not recommended, glasses get filled to the brim with ice to help chill the warm drinks poured from bottles sitting in the sun, after the first mouthful your drinking water, and they are expensive compared to other bars. The shop across the road is 2.5 lira for a large bottle of chilled coke , the bar will charge you 5 lira for a small glass with a dribble from the bottom of a bottle . All in all the hotel is ok , just dont buy anything from them. This was my 6th visit to Turkey it was cheap ,i got what i paid for, dont expect the Hilton. Leos bar 2 mins away is fantastic for food , steak especially then next door you have chicos bar which is always jumping , the guys theyre are will make you and your family feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roddyjeans

Business
  • Turkish first
swindon
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I can't say much about the hotel apart from the pool and the restaurant and bar but from seeing the rubbish reviews i had i to say something!!!
We first walked past and looked at the menu and was not dragged in but was asked appropiate questions and the staff all seemed very intriged and wanting to know if we were enjoying our holiday. We were in Gubet for 2 weeks and had dinner at the sieta hotel 5 times. Every meal we enjoyed and even the waiter Sammy we got on with really well came out with us in the evening and took us to Bodrum to get balloons and a cake for our friend's 21st birthday out there! And he even arranged the birthday meal.
I woukd recommend siesta to everyone best place to go in Gumbet for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Worcester
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I can only offer a review of the hotel reataurant, which fronts out onto one of the main streets of Gumbet.

We were dragged here for a "nice meal". We'd met another family in our hotel who wanted a dinner out, specifically for fresh seafood/fish. They'd got a guide from our hotel to "show them a good place", well this was rubbish, he hauled us round about 3 different places, where we'd order drinks and then get up and do a runner at his orders - very odd indeed, a commission based venture I think.

So we eventually ended up here for our "fresh fish", well there were only 2 fish dishes on the menu so myself and the mum of the other family had one each. We had to wait for about 45 minutes, the manager came out and said "I don't have fish, I have to go and buy it or I give you frozen fish, will you change order?" we said no way! So I guess he did go and buy it in, cos in the end it was the only decent meal that any of us ate. The others had steak or kebab. The guide didn't eat half his kebab and by now was too p!ssed on someone else's beer to bother about it.

My boyfriend left half his steak claiming that it tasted of fish which had obviously been cooked on the same grill. It was dry and tasted odd - I don't think it was fresh at all. Served with a few ships, a small patty of rice and some frozen veg.

The next day he was very very ill indeed, but I was OK - I think I was lucky insisting on fresh fish (which in itself was passable - not properly cleaned, but at least we had chips and salad with it).

This lovely couple felt very bad, I know, cos we had all gone for a nice meal and they treated us, which was kind - but they were totally led up the garden path by their "guide" and the restaurant was utter dog food.

Tip - check the loos before you eat, then decide if you fancy it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thorn1979

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

staffordshre
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The Siesta Beach Hotel is a wonderful place to stay, the staff are friendly and can not do enough for you. The entertainment is fab always something going on (turkish night, bbq, etc).

The rooms are very clean and the self catering facilities are the best we have ever had abroad.

If you are lucky enough to go to this hotel you wont be diappointed the staff - Martin, Gino, Aemon make you feel like you are back home in your local pub!

We will definiltely be returning next year.

• Liked — the overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — climbing a few steps to accomodation
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
devon
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Before I go on holiday I always look at the reviews and there was some bad ones for this hotel but normally the hotel is fine when we've been there but not this time. Should of really listened to these reviews!!

We arrived early evening, the hotel pool and gardens looked very nice from the top of the stairs (lethal by the way, very steep and wobbly!). Our room was by the pool which was also nice, simple room very basic twin beds, wardrobe, bathroom with shower etc. About to get into bed when I realised my sheets were still wet from when they had been cleaned (didnt look like they were clean). Morning we went for breakfast, basic as always, didnt look that nice to be honest. Went back to room to get a few things and door locked us in even though the door wasnt locked. Manager didnt do anything till day after, he couldnt be bothered! Days were fine there, we were hardly there, went to the ayaz on the beach. Staff didnt like this, they wanted us to stay at Siesta. The staff there were nice at the beginning of the holiday but Tarkan, who is up himself threw alot of tantrums and wasnt that bothered about the guests. The manageress always had a face like a smacked ****. Rambo, ismail, sheref and david where the nicest staff you could meet though, dunno what there doing there.

On one of the nights, gone midnight there was a fight outside the siesta with gun shots going off and the police were also there. Apparently had something to do with a tourist and one of the guys the in siesta bar next door.

To the end of the holiday we had enough and just wanted to go back (were there for 2 weeks felt like a lifetime). It also felt as it was the staff against the guests at the hotel. Alot of arguements had gone on with other people aswell.

In fair, Gumbet is the nicest place ive been to in Turkey, there isnt as much hassling than places like Altinkum and its alot more friendlier. The nightlife is great, even in september coming to end of season. The beach is great. Went on two boattrips, def recommend peter pan down on the beach (dreadlocks man lol).
Going back to Gumbet next august to a much nicer hotel hopefully wont be bumping into anyone from the Siesta, well Tarkan or Miss Grumpy.

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — Music at night
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank alicia912
Taffy-taffy
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I've never been to anywhere like this place before!
I never had hot water the whole time I was there! There were 3 beds in our small room, when only me and lucy was staying there, we had to ask for towels and toilet roll as our room was cleaned only once, while we were there, I got attacked by a large bush every time I went to my room,(202) (They cut it down on my last day) I could not sit on the toilet propley as the lid would only come up so far.
But you know what! I had the time of my life! each day was like as episode of eastenders, There was always a new scandle going on, there was men coming and going all day long, into a tent by the bar, there was a fight in the reception, there was all sorts going on, you would never belive it!
The managment never talked to you much, but I think they were o.k,
I think this place would be an ideal 18 to 30's holiday! I meet loads of lovely people there! IT WAS GREAT!! Nicola xx

• Liked — the goings on and scandal
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
hartlepool
Reviewed September 29, 2007

i have just returned from my holiday in this hotel, u couldnt get more friendlier staff , they were always there if u needed sum 1. Best holiday i have ever had and i av been all over.very clean room cleaned everyday.hulya and husband very nice people.i am definately returning the hotel situated in best location ever ,everything around you shops, bars and beach

Perri-leigh Hartlepool

• Liked — i liked everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#18 of 101 in Gumbet
Green House Apart Hotel
Green House Apart Hotel
#1 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!