“this place is a joke.”

Ranked #81 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Manchester, United Kingdom
“this place is a joke.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

iv been to gumbet before and the hotels have allways been realy nice and the food lovely, on the 1st day b/fast ok if you dont mind eggs and bread(no toaster) looking for cups to get a coffee was told to use little plastic cups, cups did appear after 3 days 4 out of the 5 i picked up had chips or cracks in them as did the plates,lunch time we went for the so called buffet lunch nothing was laid out,when we asked where to get lunch was given a plate of slop, evening meal not much better, so when i did eat in it was cheese and bread and chips it thare was any the rest of the food was allways cold even if you got to it at 7pm when it was first put out,so needless to say we ate out most of the time, we didnt let it spoil our holiday,if you managed to get served at the bar the drinks whare watered down, when in the room had to have lights on all the time it was so dark and smelly, thare was only about 26 of us in the hotel, i think the word might be getting out, give it a wide berth,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank lynnshawoldham

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tarragona, Spain
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went on this vacation with low expectations,this hotel did not disapoint.
For the first week the cleaning service was very poor,sheets only changed after 8days and after complaining.When complaining at reception to be told if you dont like it go to another hotel is not good practice to say the least.My impression is this hotel is run for the benifit of the staff,not the guest.Food wise breakfast ok as long as you like eggs,the muesali is like eating the box it came in.Lunch I cant say,never had one.Evening meal poor,not nice to look at,not nice to taste,allthough one time we had fish and that was good.In 2weeks I had 5 meals in.
Good points,few and far between.The airco in room 109 worked well.The young lady who worked behind the bar tryed her best,but seemed to be put on by the rest of the staff.
Looks good from the outside.All in all best avoided.

Room Tip: If the first room they give is not clean demand to look at others.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank richard d

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Leskovac, Serbia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I returned three days ago from a summer holiday in Bodrum, we were there with my husband. I'm going to write widely, the easier it will be for everyone to decide whether to go or not.
We arrived in the morning at 9, because the drivers were great, no matter which agency, but it was ok. We got breakfast, it was fine, but the room we got was at half past one in the afternoon and at the big insistence.
First, they wanted to give us a little larger room, but that was not ready yet and we ended up in a room on the top floor. The room was small, not too clean, and the bathroom was like so. Since we were nervous about that we decided to ignore the circumstances. Safe is to pay 3 euros per day - I think you do not need one. Air condition is not paid, and if we were not climate I think it would be despert in that room because there is no air, and when you open the door say welcome to mosquitoes, you will be filled up and eaten. Oh, and your towels are changed very rarely, you'll have to chase maid on the terrace (which is common to all guests and enters to the room are through it) and be very persistent to give you clean towels. Hair dryer in the room - works.
The food is excellent, there are no objections. You'll be happy no matter how picky you are. Only if you take breakfast or lunch package if you go on a trip you will stay hungry because they will pack for you two pieces of bread, honey, cream, butter, two pieces of sausage, two pieces of tomatoes and a few olives. And that's for the whole day if you go out there. After lunch you will have an even sandwiches at some time in the bar next to the pool. This is ok, it's good.
The hotel has a good location, not far from the beach, but not his. So you would probably have to use some other hotel chairs and there compel you to buy a drink. We found a place that is located when you pass in front of the Hotel Magnificom, there are some cafes that do not work and those chairs were free. Beach is beautiful, is not totally fine sand, but it is ok. The sea is fantastic, although we have sean how cancer spreads on the bottom, so caution.
Around the hotel there are lots of places for entertainment and mini discos, who loves them. You can enjoy. Or bothering you at night when you can not sleep because of the music.
If you see somewhere on some website that the hotel has a sauna and fitness room, forget it. No more. Pool table is on additional cost. I think that's all of the added content.
This is what all inclusive means that you have free drinks like Pepsi, Fanta (something similar) and sprite (or seven up, I do not know), has a beer and wine, has their juices and water - the same charge in the bottle for the room, no need to buy. But all this you can take if you find someone in a sleigh. Usually no one is there, seems to to be a tactic to drink less.
Now, the ice on the cake. Do not screw up to be like me. The staff at the hotel is not really a big deal kindly. If you leave their Baksis (free money for them) you will be fine, otherwise all seem like they are not going to be kind. Starting from the receptionist and almost over all others.
In addition, they have a so-called. relations manager for guests who approached while eating up to you to ask you how are you and if everything is fine. Well, his name is Korjan. When the man looked at him said that he is the soul of man. The same Korjan asked us when we went on the field trip to Kos to to buy him on free shop a box of cigarettes from 18 euros, and he will bring the money to us when we bring them. And we bought hime cigaretes. We gave him cigarettes and the man said he will give us the money tomorrow, because now there is no euro in his pocket. It was a Thursday. And after that we run after him in the hotel to give us money. He said that all is ok, we'll have money, just to buy euros. On Friday night we told him that we need the money on Saturday morning because it was the last full day for us and we want to go shopping. He said ok, in the morning he did not show up. For lunch we met him by chance, he will bring the money in one hour he said. No he didn't. We found him again by accident on Saturday night and then I got crazy and forced him to sit with us at the table. He returned the money barely alive, and still wonder what is not ok. And what do you say to this? Man kept the money for three days while you are on vacation, and he is still making you a real crazy when you see and wonder what at the end is not ok. Free estimates - if we do not chase for our money would be without it. So do not repeat the same mistake, do not buy anything until the Turks give you the money in advance. This is how he did it is a shame for him and for the hotel and for Turkey. I thought the Turks were much better people, not crooks.
All in all, for the money you give a satisfactory service, not all badly spent. If you like everything to be in perfect order, select the room as far as some other hotel.
Have a great vacation if not this year, and what the next season.
Greetings.

Room Tip: It is ok to get room at higher space, those beside the pool are restless.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Aleksandra1982-18
London
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Like many people, you book your holiday and then decide to read the reviews... Worse mistake I ever done, thanks to this hotel I have now learnt my lesson!!! I did read the reviews once it was booked and just prayed to God that we would Be one of the lucky ones and have a nice clean room...
We arrived early hours of the morning to a nice reception, so I had high hopes. We were then escorted out of the hotel and over to the building next door which had a small pool outside. We was bought to room 402!! The room consisted on a double bed, a single bed, 2 bed side cabinets and a wardrobe with no handles on it! A TV and a mirror. The Walls were White and when you leaned against them you ended up with White marks over your clothes. The walls were also stained with make up and so was the frame of the mirror. In the room where the single bed was you had a large amount of mould on the wall. Looking out of the windows you were met with some iron bars, I wasn't sure if they were to keep us in or keep others out. The room was pretty much like a prison cell. Thank god for the air con. It was so small that you could sit on the toilet and was your hair at the same time. I was so upset that myself a and friend visited the reception asking for another room unfortunately for us it was all booked out!! I refused to go back into the room, so we ended up popping over to the restaurant across the road staff are nice here and the food is ok lucky for us it was a 24hour restaurant, we then ended up going for a walk along the beach at 5am and then went back to the reception to see what time the manager would be in, feeling very tired my friend and I finally slept on the sofas in the lobby they were clean and comfortable unlike the beds in the room. When we awoke we visited the bar for a drink no bar person so you either had the choice of juice, water or coffee the machines didn't look very clean so I went without!! We then get to the manager, who was not very helpful infact he didn't even bother to listen to us and ended up walking off whilst I was mid sentence!! He blamed the tour operator and said that we could move rooms at 2pm that day, so whilst we waited we visited the buffet for lunch were I had some cold fries and bread!! This was the only time I ate at this hotel!! The 2nd room we was shown was on the second floor it was a little brighter although the bathroom smelt of sewage, and on the patio area there was a constant drip from a water pipe, we decided that we would stay in the previous room as it was a little more spacious for a group of 3. The hotel manager then offered us a room in the main hotel on the Thursday, again not really pleased with the out come we thought our helpful rep might be well helpful, again he couldn't do anything and it was down to us to call the tour operator who on the third day found us a replacement hotel at an extra £140 each after paying £1300 already we felt that was a bit out of order and so we decided wait until the Thursday. This was the only communication we had with the rep, he didn't bother to see how we was doing or anything which was a shame as whenever I have holidayed the reps have always been helpful and good with follow up... We checked the third room on Thursday in the main hotel, this time there were handles on the wardrobes, we had a safe we had a shelf in the bath room we even had a hair dryer but again due to the space we had to keep our previous room. Towards the end of our holiday I quite liked that little room, I think the cleaners forgot about us as after Thursday as we had to keep asking for toilet rolls and clean towels, our bed sheets were never cleaned in the whole week we was there, the manager did get the light fixed in the room after the third day, and he was also quite chatty with us, which was nice. I know what that you get what you pay for but if I'm spending over £400 on a holiday I at least expect it to be clean and have a hair dryer and a little chiller for drinks, this is the third time I have been to turkey every other time I have been I have paid less and stayed in great accommodation!!!!
The pool areas are ok, they need more sun loungers!! The hand railings are quite lose which could be dangerous......
If you can avoid this hotel then please do as it may ruin your holiday and you may waste your first day arguing about a room...
Don't avoid turkey though, Turkey is great:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Giggles81
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel. We booked without looking at these reviews and did get a bit worried!!
We arrived late at night to find the toilet broken in our room which wasn't a great start but we moved straight away.
From then on, it was fantastic!
The food was lovely and, even though I am a very fussy eater, there was always plenty to eat and drink.
The pool was great and there were always loungers available.
The staff were lovely and very friendly without being sleazy!
Ok, so the bed sheets weren't changed everyday but what do you expect for a cheap hotel!
Overall, we had a great time and I couldn't recommend the hotel highly enough! I really couldnt see any of the issues that other people had. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Catwise18
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Room not ready on day of arrival, apparently the agents fault, not hotels. We were dropped at a nearby hotel and given the foulest room ive ever slept in. Promised by the manager that he would pick us up at 10am following day but at 11am we got fed up of waiting and walked back. Staff speak very little English which doesn't help when a problem like this occurs. Stayed in main part of hotel. Room was tiny and dirty. Floors were mopped 3 times during 1 week stay but with black water. Had to ask for clean towels and bedding was never changed. On the positive side, we found the food was ok, maybe even quite nice, Didn't experience hair or anything unhygienic. Beach is close but again, filthy. We found the locals to be friendly enough but as other review says, sunbeds are not 'free' as stated. You must purchase drinks from the bars. Sadly, my 1st and last trip to Turkey.

Room Tip: ground floor has no hot water!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank debbie m
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I very stupidly looked at the reviews for this hotel after i booked it, BIG MISTAKE!!
I only stayed in this hotel for a week but honestly that was more than enough!!
The room i was staying in with my friend was in a block that the hotel rents out during the peak season, it wasn't even attached to the hotel! When we got to our room we had to lift our suitcases through the door sideways as they did not fit through. Our beds were made daily but in a whole week we were never gave clean towels, bedding or toilet roll. We pestered the staff for 3 days continuously for these essentials but were never gave them. The floors and bathroom were never cleaned in the whole stay either. When booking the holiday we paid for a 'land view' the land view we received was bars at the window a wall and bin bags on the floor which had been ripped open with fish bones all along the floor.
The two pools weren't cleaned daily, and we witnessed each evening the manager throwing handfuls of salt in the pools this was his way of cleaning them.
We took full advantage of our all inclusive package, the meals were all traditional turkish food, breakfast weren't the greatest but lunch and dinner were lovely. There was also burger and chips, cakes and cookies served in the day in between meals so you would never be hungry.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the beach where there are many water sports and 5 minute walk from bar street, which is one of the very few advantages of this hotel.
The staff at the hotel spoke very little english, and one member of staff in particular had complaints made about him everyday, he was rude and arrogant and aggressive towards the other people staying at the hotel. The bar lady and the floor man were the two most loveliest people ever, they spoke little english but were always polite and helpful.
ONLY STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU WILL ONLY BE SLEEPING THERE IT IS AWFUL NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends