“Good For The Price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
kildare
“Good For The Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

stayed here with family. Honestly no major complaints everything was average. Food was average, staff were average and so were the rooms...but you get what you pay for, if you dont want 3 star pay more. The noise may be problem for couples or people with small children as its located right on bar street. Also the balconys are so small only one person can stand at a time. No Name bar which is right beside the sami beach has friendly staff and we were well looked after by deniz. if you are young this is the place to stay otherwise would recommend to stay in bitez :)

Room Tip: ask for a pool view as these may be quiter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ilovebitez

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Sami Beach is a wonderful hotel. I stayed there the end of july 2012.This was my second time in Turkey with my family but was in Bodrum the last time. When we arrived at the hotel they were very friendly. There was 2 boys around 18 at reception waiting to take your luggage and bring them to the room for ya. I found that the food and the hotel was very good. Didnt have problems with either of them. The night entertainment was very good. All the staff got involved and got everyone up dancing. All the staff were lovely and very friendly. They were'nt too pushy where as some of them are up the street in the shops were very pushy. The only thing I wasnt really happy with was the way some of the younger staff acted with my 17 year old daughter. They were always over talking to her and getting her up dancing and they were always saying that the loved her. That was the only annoying thing. My daughter didnt mind that much though as she was there years ago when her sister was about 16 so she knew what to expect. If its your first time going to turkey and your a teenager or in you twenties just be prepared for them to be very full-on. I would reccommend going on the boat trip. It is worth it and you will enjoy a really relaxing day.
I will definitely be going back to Sami Beach next summer. One of the best holidays i have been on!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ciara R
Roytonian, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel (the second this year), and while admittedly there were some not so good moments, this is a well run, friendly, value for money hotel. We too had to change room the day after we arrived (why anyone would think to put 2 ladies in a double bed I cannot fathom?) but at least we were then offered a choice of rooms. The staff are all friendly, polite and never 'pushy' or rude to our knowledge. The restaurant manager worked really hard from breakfast until late at night, always available and polite. Some of the waiters were perhaps a little 'laid back' and not dressed appropriately but these were staff from other hotels draughted in at the end of the season. The regular guys were as polite and hardworking as always and never once did we see any unacceptable behaviour from them. (Guests would have been complaining if they weren't around for their drinks/snacks).
The noise was definitely too much this time and we were surprised that it went on so late every night (it usually finishes around midnight but went on until 1.30am or later some nights) The worst night was indeed the 'circumcision celebration' but considering the owner of the hotel was throwing the party for his son, it was an exception. The firework display was amazing and a real treat for the guests - and Turkish karaoke isn't that much worse than British karaoke in fairness"
The rooms are basic but adequate and cleaned every day. The food also is basic but well cooked with plenty of variety, tho not a breakfast. As it was the end of the season the fresh pancakes/omellettes were only served a couple of times which was disappointing. Yes there is room for improvement but considering what you pay it is definitely good value....if you want a quiet and relaxing holiday Gumbet possibly isn't the right place for you - although mum and I (61 and 89yrs respectively) managed pretty well)

Room Tip: Middle floor, main building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NeighbOur9
Stafford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Agree with ImTheWinner - we booked 10 nights here through a 'managers special' at our local Thomas Cook branch in Staffor. We told them our ages, that it was a late honeymoon and that we wanted somewhere quiet and relaxing. You can therefore imagine our horror when arriving at just after midnight on 20/10/12 to find it was next to the noisest disco / bar in the world - the No Name Bar, and there was a wedding reception at the hotel which involved Turkish Karoke. The kareoke finished around 2am, but the Bar etc went on until after 4am. In the morning turns out it wasn't a wedding but a circumscion (sic) party! It's on Bar Street - something which Thomas Cook failed to mention, and also to mention that the 'manager's special' was an Airtours holiday not from the Thomas Cook brochure.

Things were no better the next night and we finally snapped Sunday into Monday, when the hotel staff decided to have their 'end of season' party outside our bedroom window. With all doors and windows closed we couldn't hold a conversation, and added to this was the boom boom from the Bar!

So there I was on my honeymoon calling Thomas Cook at 1am - and guess what they did nothing. Eventually on the Monday morning we moved hotels (but of course there was a charge) to the Turihan Beach just round the bay - wonderful.

So if you like your holidays loud and lively this is the hotel for you. Whatever you do, do not go here expecting any sort of relaxation.

Agree also with Kirsy 202020 - food left uncovered, and staff either over friendly (wanting tips) or downright rude. We were told evening meals started at 7pm, so at 715pm we helped ourselves - you'd have thought we'd robbed the safe. The restaurant manager has got to be the worst I've ever had to deal with.

When we had the nerve to leave, they wouldn't refund our safey deposit box money and had the nerve to say if we'd said something they'd have given us a quiet room. The fact I went to reception 3 times on Sunday night / Monday morning in my pjs seemed to have passed them by!

With regard to the area - it shuts in October. When we left on Monday there were only 2 hotels open - it's half term and people had paid lots more than us for a break and had nothing to do / no where to go. Like the whole of the area, the pestering to buy can get you down and the attitude towards women in general from the younger men is appalling. I don't swear normally at strangers, but to be told to 'calm down' by some 20 something in a fake t-shirt shop when I was having a conversation with my husband made me snap - can't repeat here what I said in return.

Similarly don't be fooled into the 'free trip' to the Gold Market - hard sell at its worst!

All in all - won't be going back

Room Tip: Don't bother - they are all as noisy as each other
1 Thank Tranmeregirlie1961

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at Sami Beach hotel from 8th October to 22nd October. 1 week was enough! The room was adaquate for our needs and bedding and towels were changed regulary.The noise is an issue. If you are near the front of the hotel then sleep deprivation is on the agenda. We experienced a celebration and the noise was horrendous. And Turkish men fighting over a woman around the pool area was the icing on the cake.

I found the so called captain so annoying. From the moment we arrived on a daily basis he was pestering us to go on the trip on his family,s boat. Even on the last day of our holiday. Persistant and annoying to say the least.

Turkish men are rude and view women as sex objects. Or they want your money.In the shops on the boats in the markets and almost every where you go they pester you. Because of their behaviour I refused to spend money.Cannot understand what the attraction is as regards Turkish men? Letch on legs sums them up for me.

Back to the hotel and the food. Half board a waste of money. I am not a fussy eater but breakfast was disgusting. The menu at night was very poor and the quality was questionable. I am a seasoned traveller and have stopped in some dodgy places. I have travelled the world back packing. cruises, and 5 star holidays and this is the worst food I have experienced. The dining area was not clean and the waiters were dis -shevelled and lacked enthuisam to keep the dining areas clean.Pay them peanuts and its reflective on their behavior. They work long hours and very hard and are not appreciated by the owner of the hotel. Whats new?

I found the treatment of the poor stray cats and dogs so distressing. They are starving around while you eat and when you sunbathe. Turkey as a country needs to address this in a humane way. I am glad I fed them whilst I was there. I did not eat much from the hotel but feeding the animals compensated my stay. I hope Gumbet as a resort can show some compassion for all the animals and feed them.I feel as a human being and an animal lover who ever you are when you stay in Gumbet take some pity and do your bit and feed as many as you can.

I will never take another holiday in Turkey again. The worst 2 weeks holiday I have ever had. I came back very dis heartened and depressed. No holiday has affected so much as this one.

Avoid staying at Sami Beach. Its a rotten hotel

Gumbet is not a nice tourist detination.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Annie M
South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Back for second time at this hotel but stayed in main part and not annex. much better on this side. Gumbet is great although found drinks prices sneaking up. Good food at hotel and excellent value as we only paid £45 each HB for week ! Will come back to this hotel.

2 Thank Micky-Ceesaw
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at Sami Beach Hotel 8/10/12 for two weeks. Not recommended for a relaxing holiday even at the end of the season, as it is extremely noisy at night due to discos and weddings with fireworks on site. Rooms are clean, but food is basic. Shopkeepers can be extremely rude, telling my wife who was looking for a gift, not to enter their store again if she isn't prepared to buy anything ! Sellers very pushy on site, and even at Bodrum market, so shopping is not enjoyable. Some ladies felt pestered (blonde or otherwise), including young girls with their families. Won't be going back !

Room Tip: No lift in the main hotel, but it is spread over three floors !
2 Thank ImTheWinner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#8 of 98 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,032 reviews

Been to Sami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!