All reviews boat trip bar street turkish bath next year entertainment every night bit dated your doorstep hotel is great rooms are basic rooms were cleaned every day fresh bread melon just returned from a week cleaned daily belly dancer night life clean towels
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here at the end of July 2011 for 5 nights, and were pleasantly suprised for the money we paid. Upon arrival we had already been allocated a room in the annex building, however the receptionist without us even asking told us he would give us a better room in the main building of the hotel.
The room we were given was small but comfortable, with air conditioning (included in the price of the room) and a tv. The furniture was slightly worn, but clean and the bed was comfortable. The balcony was very small and only really big enough for one person to sit on which was a shame, but looking at the other rooms, most seemed to be the same. We could see the sea from our balcony and the white washed building was drapped in colourful flowers growing up the walls.
We stayed half board, and for the price we paid (which was very little compared to prices in other countries) we really can't compain about the food. You will struggle if you are a fussy eater, as much of the food is turkish style or a turkish take on British dishes. Some things were hit others miss, but there was always plenty of choice. The desserts and turkish pastries and sweets were lovely.Breakfast consisted of the usual continental fare but was supplimented with omlettes and pancakes and fried eaggs on alternate days, which is again more than most hotels provide. It was also nice to site outside in the evening with the cooling breeze next to the beach while eating
As far as Gumbet is concerned, we didn't really like the resort. We have been going to Turkey for many years, and to many different resorts. This was the first time in Gumbet, and we found it to be more expensive and much tackier than other places, Bodrum seemed nicer and more upmarket. The beach in Gumbet is VERY thin and not really much to write home about, while the bar street area is very small and so busy and loud that there really is no need to actually go into any of the rammed bars as you literally can stand in the middle of the street with a drink and it's like you are inside!!!
The entertainment on the beach is much more relaxed and suitable for families, or those that aren't aiming to get paraletically drunk! The bar attached to the hotel, we found to be one of the best on the beach with organised entertainment and shows every night which was perfect for us to just sit back and relax with a cocktail and watch it all.
All in all, we liked the hotel and would go back to the hotel.....if it up'd sticks and moved to another resort.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kassioppi
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here last year in oct for 2 weeks with my best friend.we had made friends in the may and wanted to return,was sad to see a few waiters had quit,one staff named memduh! Was dating my mate during the stay which ruined my holiday cuz i was left out,waiters and guests shouldnt get together,other than that,i loved the experience and the bar guy dropped a glass cuz of my smile aha great hotel! Also love their chicken gourcon meal:-D

6  Thank charrz91
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I booked this holiday as a late deal for half-term with my family. I was a bit worried by some of the reviews but need not have worried as we had a great holiday. The staff work very hard and make you feel welcome and yes it is a budget hotel but more than adequate. We booked the half-board as it was excellent value for families, nobody went hungry! The entertainment is good and although the holiday season had almost finished and with few guests they still put on a good show. The Boat trip was very good value for money although the captain a little pushy at times! We were lucky with the weather as it was still warm late October and for me it was really good that it was not busy.

Room tip: rooms 338,337 very good view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank deb d
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed at the Sami Beach Hotel with my friend in July 2011. The first time I had stayed at this hotel but have been going to Gumbet for over 15 years so know Turkey, especially Gumbet really well! This hotel is a great location ,right on the beach, the rooms are a good size clean and basic & also AC was included(not sure what some people expect for their money!!) The beach does get very busy so best to get down there early if possible! My friend had a Turkish bath sold by Faith (Fatih!) and throughly enjoyed it! We also went on the boat trip from the hotel and had a brilliant day and the Captain of the boat was great fun! All in all had a lovely holiday! I do think some people expect 5 star hotels for 2 star prices!!!

Room tip: If you like to go to bed early just remember that the music is very loud untill about 1am in the bar area!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
8  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed October 21, 2011

i haven't actually stayed here but i just really wanted to leave a review for the shocking way we were treated when having a supposedly relaxing Turkish bath here!! ... the staff are the rudest i have ever seen in turkey!! they were joking and laughing at me and my boyfriend in English and in Turkish ! they were totally degrading towards us and we actually left as soon as they left the room before the 'experience' had finished!! the actual rooms where you go in sauna and bath room etc are not good either! i have had plenty of Turkish baths and this was by far the worst!! please don't fall for it!!!! :)

• Trip type: Traveled with family