“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #62 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks 29th August-12th September 2011. The hotel is centrally located in Gumbet, shops are literally outside the hotel and it's two minutes from the beach although the beach is shingled so don't be expecting a golden sand beach. The staff of the hotel are so nice at the hotel, especially Oktay, he does what he can to make your experience even more pleasant. There are sun loungers and hammocks(which i loved) by the pool which can be accessed as it is quite a small hotel. The rooms are large we had three single beds in ours with plenty of space, and large balcony. The only complaint is the wifi signal didn't reach certain parts of the hotel including our apartment but i could access it on the first hammock so it wasn't too bad. The maids were round nearly every day with clean towels which is more than enough. There's free air conditioning in the rooms which was good because it was so hot. We stayed bed and breakfast and have no complaints regarding the food, people must remember they are not at home they are in a different country so if you expect kellogs cereal for breakfast best stay at home. The hotel has an excellent restaurant which offers discount to guests for dinner, and the food is excellent we ate at the hotel restaurant a number of times during our stay and we were given free starters and desserts and we were felt guilty leaving anything on our plates. The portions are huge so be prepared to gain weight. This was our first trip to Turkey and I have to admit I was'nt sure what to expect but now we are planning on going back. For the people saying about it being noisy, if you had a room in an apartment you could shut your door and not hear anything.

1 Thank DanielJarvie

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The layout of the Hotel was very nice. You should take plenty of hygienic wipes with you as the surfaces of everything never seem to get cleaned.I never once saw the Pool area being cleaned, Not one of the reviews I read about this Hotel mentioned the noise. It was awful.The Hotel is close to many late bars & disco's that start thier music at 10.p.m. and do not stop until 3 a.m. in the morning.There was a constant boom boom in your ears making it impossible to sleep. Just as you thought you would drop off (at last) then you get the high heels clipity clop going past your door. I have holidayed in many Turkish resorts before but this Gumbet was not nice.We were fed up telling the men to keep their hands to themselvesI certainly would not let any Daughter of mine go there with out me.

Room Tip: I can tell you the room not to choose,thats the one's that are wooden sheds near the pool area.T...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank KateM1932
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed Here For One Week 19th - 26th Sept 2011, Not 1st Time In Gumbet But 1st Time @ Sami Plaza.... Well To Start Rooms Are Spacious With 3Beds (You Don't Usually Get 3 Actual Beds) Cleaners Friendly & Rooms Cleaned Daily! We Didn't Eat @ The Hotel But Were Bed&Breakfast.... The Shower Was Amazing (The Best We Have Come Across In Gumbet) Although We Did Have A Leaky Toilet (Clean water) It Wasn't Too Bad & Didn't Spoil Our Holiday! The Only Fault Is The Reception Staff... They Couldn't Give Straight Answers To Simple Questions; Like Transfer Times & Keeping The Room On. BUT For Two Teenage Girls This Hotel Is Perfect As It's Close To Everything; Especially Molly Malones! ;) Have Already Booked Turkey2012 @ Sami Plaza! See You Soon! <3

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank ShyGirl1992
Dunfermline
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just returned from a two week holiday at the Sami Plaza hotel in Gumbet, and wish I could have stayed longer.The hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere, nice pool ,plenty of comfortable sunbeds, and hammocks which were a big hit with my son. Staff very friendly and approachable,
rooms are large we had three single beds in ours with plenty of space, and large balcony . maids were round nearly every day with clean towels.air conditioning in the rooms was essential as it was so hot . my wife son and I stayed bed and breakfast and have no complaints regarding the food , people must remember they are not at home they are in a different country so if you expect kellogs cereal for breakfast best stay at home. The hotel has an excellent restaurant which offers discount to guests, and the food is excellent we ate at the hotel restaurant a number of times during our stay and felt guilty leaving anything on our plates , the portions are huge so be prepared to gain weight. This was our first trip to Turkey and I have to admit I was'nt sure what to expect but now we are planning on going back.

Room Tip: we were situated at the back of hotel opposite reception and this seems to be the quiet side , I sle...
3 Thank DunfermlineRobert
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We got tranfered here from club aqua gumbet hell hole. lovely people and staff very nice good value for money pool area pleasent, i was pleased with my stay here

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Mathews25
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Didn't actually stay in the Hotel itself, but did have the immense pleasure of eating at their restaurant. The food is excellent, the service superb and what I liked most was that you were never pressed or hassled into eating at the restaurant, just a polite request that you tried their food, and i am so glad that we did. Special mention must go to my freind Oktay, a real gentleman who made my family and I feel very welcome whenever we had a meal, especially on my daughters birthday, which was a memorable evening. Oktay could not do enough for you, even when it came to providing food which was not on the menu. If anyone wants to have a great meal, with service to match, then I would recoomend they try the Sami Plaza, you wont be dissapointed.

2 Thank mickparkinson1
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Staff couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is very central to all amenities. The rooms were cleaned every day, with fresh towels supplied. The pool area is very clean and sunbeds supplied. Will definitely return next year!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends