“Serhan Hotel”
Review of Serhan Hotel

Serhan Hotel
Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the Serhan with my husband and 20yr old daughter, son and daughter in law recently,On arrival around 11am we were all told that there wasn't any rooms at the moment but they could get us 2 the following morning and sent us around the back to something that looked like the staff quarters.Our room for the 3 of us you couldn't get into the bathroom unless you got into the shower first closed the door then you could use the toilet. The beds 2 single,1 large base and mattress didn't fit to base, was dirty. We didn't open our suitcases as I went down to reception and told the manager my 20yr old daughter can't get undressed in the room in front of her father, as there was no other room for her to use and I wished to be moved, he was very helpful and got us one of his private rooms at 7pm for us, which was a great improvement overlooking the pool on top floor.Our son/daughter in law though had to stay in the dump is the only way to explain until the morning then they were given a room within the hotel.
Yes it is noisy of an evening as you can hear bar st, but that didn't bother us as we were on of those in bar st.
We didn't use the safe deposit (50 lira 2 wks) just made sure everything was locked inside our suitcase, but unfortunately our daughter had roughly 100 lira taken as she left her money within the draw and we didn't know that she had put her money there till we returned to the room.
Breakfast was very Turkish but you have to expect this - your in TURKEY.
I can say the night porter and bar staff were really friendly,helpful and without these people working there I think the hotel/holiday wouldn't have been as good as it was.
The pool was small but fine you didnt have to fight for the beds which was great.
The beach is very near,clean and you don't pay for sun beds just buy something from the bar,
You get what you pay for as far AS THE HOTEL.
I can say if your fortunate to get a descent room in the hotel you will enjoy the banter with the bar staff/night porter.
I don't think I would stay at the Serhan again but I would deffo go back and spend time with the bar staff.

Room Tip: Some higher floors are already moderised
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Diane W
There are newer reviews for Serhan Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

stayed at the serhan the manager and staff were great always there and game for a laugh. the room was cleaned daily and the maids always gave us a smile. we were about five mins walk to bar street and five mins to the beach I had no problem sleeping and this was one of the fun hols ever

Room Tip: far crner of pool rooms 405 406 407
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rod A
Reviewed October 6, 2013

good value hotel,clean and comfortable. room good sizeand clean.very friendly staff. good location,close to beach and bar street,also shops. nice pool and outdoor seating area at bar. a local bus stops right outside front door every 10 minutes to Bodrum.very handy

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnStephenson009
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've just returned from Turkey after spending 3 weeks there with my wife. I've been a regular visitor to the Serhan for 8 out of the last 10yrs. The hotel is definately no more than a 3 star, but value for money. We've always found the staff over the years to be extremely polite, and helpful, even more so this time round.
Whilst breakfast is very Middle Eastern, it is palatable, evening meals are also very edible if staying for half board. There is also an a-la-carte menu which is very good value for money, as I can vouch for, having sampled it many times.
We arrived mid-afternoon, and whilst our room was still being used, we where allocated a room for our first day, then the next morning we moved to our pre-booked room without any complaint or fuss. There did appear to be a number of complaints re-money going missing,one
person was re-imbursed immediately, the culprit caught on CCTV, but the other had no success
I think due to their story being changed as to the amount pinched. The person who stole it was caught pilfering on CCTV and dismissed.
The towels were changed every other day and sheets every 3 day (do you change your towels and sheets every day at home?), I think not and as you only sleep in the room it's hardly a crime.
Please do not be put off by some of the reviews on this site, some of the people who complain
obviously do so for no apparent reason other than to cause problems.

Room Tip: Try asking for rooms around the pool, either at the back or the side.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 nights from the 5th September 2013. We arrived at around 1am and had a warm welcome from the guy on the desk. Our room was nice enough, the balcony was tiny. According to a sign in the bathroom, the towels and sheets were changed every three days. This was only true for the towels....the sheets were not changed once and they had holes in. The beds were hard.

We decided (after reading some reviews on here), that we would lock anything of value in our case, so as to avoid anything being stolen by maids. Thankfully this worked out well.

We were half board. The breakfast was nothing special and the evening meals were quite nice. The bar prices weren't too bad, 10 lira for a cocktail, 5 for a tea or coffee, 7 for a hot chocolate and I believe chips were 5. We never had a full meal from the menu so couldn't tell you the price of those.

The bar staff were friendly, 2 in particular but never got their names (both male). One of the ladies on reception was also friendly but sadly did not catch her name either. The manager went from being quite friendly one minute to rather rude the next so we weren't hugely impressed with him.

The hotel was close to the beach, when you step outside, cross the road straight away, turn left and when you get to the taxi rank on your right you'll see a walkway leading you to the beach. Each bar owns a bit of beach, so you don't have to pay for sun loungers but you do need to purchase something from the bar.

Adams Pub down the road great, simply because Oz (i think that was his name) was such a nice guy, as were his colleagues, very helpful.

Bar Street is round the corner and it's unbelievably loud....if you're a light sleeper, good luck!

The shops are nothing special. Turgetreis Market is nothing special, but is pretty good for fake designer gear. This cost us 105 lira thanks to that rep....could have got there and back for 12 lira each.... I highly recommend a daytime boat trip, was fantastic.

The hotel pool is a decent enough size for the capacity of rooms, we managed to get a sun lounger every day. If you want more sun, aim for the loungers on the far side of the pool, next to the white fence.

If anyone is travelling with someone like EasyJet as we did, you would expect not to have a travel rep. I MUST warn you, when you go to catch your transfer bus, be careful. The transfer itself is fine, but the guys that run the service will hand you a leaflet and assign you a rep from Attache Tours. DO NOT book anything with a rep from here, especially if his name is Aykut. Firstly, we did not ask for a rep, secondly, he was unbelievably rude, as was his manager when my boyfriend spent about 3 hours tracking down their office in order to get a refund. http://www.attachetours.com/ Take a look at the link so you can see the logo and avoid booking with them if you see it on any paperwork. Long story short (believe it or not) we thought we had been ripped off as after paying 200 lira for 3 trips (one of which being a 'free' Turkish bath), we discovered that we could have booked these trips for less than half of this cost from other places that do excursions. My boyfriend complained to Aykut about this and about the fact they failed to pick us up for our first trip, but was fobbed off and was told by this rep that he would meet us the next day at 11am.....he never showed up. Every time we tried to contact him he fed us a load of crap and ended up hanging up. We asked for a refund, he said he would speak to his manager (this went on for THREE days, wasting our day waiting for this guy to not show up when he said he would). Eventually, my boyfriend found the office and was told that the manager never gave refunds, unless the person was hospitalised! He pretended he couldn't speak English, only to blow his over later on by telling my boyfriend to go back to the hotel....in perfect English! He walked away having got a slightly better deal. Anyway....don't book with these people!

We would not return to this hotel but it was pleasant enough I suppose.

Room Tip: Rooms round the front my be slightly quieter than the back.
3  Thank Angela L
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Me and my friend stayed in this hotel for 10 days in September 2013. Our bad experience started from the day of our arrival. The reception sent us to some kind a hostel looking building nearby. The room was awful and small. When we asked to change the room the chief told that it was the room that we booked, but when we asked people working there, they told that those rooms were used by the nearby hotels to send there customers when the hotels were full. When we argued they told us that they will try to change the room, but not promise. In the result we stayed 2 nights in those awful room, and only on the 3rd day they moved us in the hotel itself.

Hotel is small and nice, the breakfast is poor, but the dinner was ok. To use air-conditioner one have to pay 15 turkish Liras per day, it was comic for us :)

Also, the house keeper lady stole 20 liras from my walet. The customers are in general over 50, so i do not suggest this hotel for young people.

P.S. ah yes, another thing, the clean bed sheets and towels are given once every 3 nights. if you want to have new before, you will have to pay 3-4 euros!

With respect,
Eldar

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eldar L
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Well to start with we arrived in the early hours of tues morn got took to room didn't get any information about breakfast times by rec man . U had just enough rm on balcony for one person and no more shower was awful saw better showers on the beach first two days were fine went to get money and realised that what money we had had been tampered with went to rec to report this and ask for cameras to be checked man was rude and handed me the phone for me to b pt threw to Thomas cook who told me at that pt 7pm thrus that a rep wd b down we waited by 11 am Friday we were still waiting when then I wnt back to ring again they then sent a girl who wasn't rep for us rd she tk notes and told us she wd speak to her supervisor and someone wd b bck to ck cameras this was nvr dun they took a statement told us we wld have to pay for police and interpter then offered us u safe which was the first time we were offered whilst taken my coffee I was then informed that another girl had returned to her rm to find door unlocked and money taken I informed rec that I knew who cleaned room as I met her both days in it they didn't care we were told not to say anything or we would b jailed for 2YEARS by rep we were offered flights home bt would have to pay 800 pd each I was charged 5lira for a cup of boiling water when a bottle in hotel was 3lira we had to beg for clean towels and toilet roll cleaning staff lookin at us as if we robbed her the only thing I would say good were the bar staff and the strangers we met in hotel that helped us threw the last 3 days other than this god only knows we're we would b today lovely resort but please don't b fooled by what u r ether told or read about this place I just thank god it was just me and my husband and that I never had my children with me

Room Tip: Ground floor as the balconys r rubbish and r full of branches petals which cleaners never cleaned ro...
4  Thank Jennifer G