All reviews turkish night next year air con turkey bar street pool view small balcony bed and breakfast plenty of sunbeds short walk to the beach relaxing holiday turkish breakfast lovely week week stay bars restaurants boat trip rooms are basic
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Me and my mum have just came back from the serpina hotel wich we went for a week and it was fantastic and are actually booking it again for this year.My favorite part of the holiday was the staff they were absalutly amazing so cheery and welcoming they just blend in with the guests so much.It was a lovely location and right next to all of the shops and the beach.I would advise people who are looking for a holiday that will change there lives forever to go to the serpina hotel!

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank HollyBeattie
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We've just returned from our holiday in Gumbet where we stayed at the hotel Serpina. The staff at the Serpina are very friendly and the blonde girl at the reception desk was excellent. She dealth with any queries and on a day trip that we booked that would be leaving in the morning, she asked us if we would like to have sandwiches made up which was really nice of her. The hotel itself, is definetly above the standard you would normally get in Turkey. Our room was clean, however I did think that the bathroom could have bn cleaner. We went on a B&B basis, the breakfast was continental - hard boiled egg, celery, tomato etc not really worth getting up for. My only complaint with my stay at the Serpina were the cups and plates used at the breakfast buffet, put it this way you would be looking for a clean one.

The hotel is just a short walk from the beach and the shops. We found a great restaurant just down the road from the Serpina. It was called Cafe Columbia where you would get a great english breakfast for 6 turkish lira. This place was really clean and the food was excellent and very cheap.

You can get a Dolmus just outside the hotel which will take you into Bodrum for one euro which is just 15 mins away. The markets are great, I would defo recommend the saturday market, book this with the travel agent on the street for about two euro (Do not book with your tour operator for your day trips if you want to pay over the odds) The Greek island of Kos is E25, so if you want to do something different, it is defo worth seeing. You can get duty free over there and bring back 600 cigarettes from Kos to Turkey. ( Marlboro etc 200's cost 16 euro)

The airport on the way back is very expensive for drinks, sweets sandwiches. They wanted about 7 euro for a sandwich, E5 for chips and 9 lira for a small bottle of water so bring these with you.

On the hotel Serpina, I would go back and stay there again, Ali and his staff are really nice and helpful and this hotel is above average.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank smileyUk
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I have just returned from this hotel, and I must say it is the best holiday that I have ever had.

The accomodation itself is of higher standard than I expected. The rooms were constantly clean and tidy and the cleaner dealt with any mess - even after a heavy night out!!
The reception was open 24hours and would deal with any problem or querry that you may have at any time.
The food was delicious and of high standard. You could have a range of foods, and there was often special deals each night. As our flight was late, they even offered to make some sandwiches that we could take with us.

The special thanks has to go to Michael and his team of bar staff. They were consantly smiling and happy, which then passed on to each of the guests. If you ever needed anything they were there, and made the holiday the highlight it was. They not only appealed to young couples, but for older ones and families alike.

The resort was close to the centre and also to the beach front, with many bars and clubs and night. You do have to walk, but in about 5minutes you reach some shops, and walk a little further and there are more again - such as burger king!

One thing that I recomend is watching a turkish night - at the serpina and also experiencing the turkish bath.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends