“Fantastic stay!!”

Ranked #16 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Ayrshire, Scotland
“Fantastic stay!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here from 29/7/13 for a week and thought it was a great holiday. We would most definitely stay here again. I have been to turkey several times...mainly to Marmaris and Ischmelar, but this has been the best experience of Turkey hands down. The hotel itself is lovely, clean and exactly what it says on the tin!!! It is situated in a great location and is walking distance to the beach, aprox 5 minutes. The restaurants are close by and barr street for the clubs and lively pubs is practically around the corner...however if you decide to have a quiet drink in the hotel bar or an early night, you can't hear the noises from the clubs!!
Their is plenty to do all around the local area, including water sports, boat trips and days outs etc..
The hotel staff are great and friendly....including the hotel owner/ manager who participates in the hotel entertainment. I definitely recommend a stay here :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DG G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent 2 weeks last year in the Serpina and plan on returning again in September this year. I have never been made to feel as welcome by all the staff as I did here. It was my first trip to turkey after going to Spain for years and all I can say is, I wish I went sooner. Yes the hotel is basic but more than adequate. The food was superb thanks to chef Ali. You never waited more than a minute to get served your drink by the pool. If you want to hit the bars at night, you are only a couple of minutes walk. When the sad time to come home arrived ALL the staff came to see you off and carried your cases. The hotel is clean and the entertainment of traditional Turkish night was amazing. I can't stress enough how much the staff play a big part on making this my best holiday ever :)

Room Tip: Just ask at reception if they have a pool facing room available. We did and got one right away
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann D
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently on a sneaky week away without the family and we had a lovely week in Gumbet. The daytime staff were very pleasant and friendly and the girl on the desk was really nice, big smile every time we approached. Unfortunately our room was very small and was probably the worst view we ever had as it was from the back of the hotel and the balcony could barely accommodate two people, very relaxing around the pool and the staff were very attentive if you needed any food or drink although you paid about 40% more than any of the local bars which were just yards away. They discouraged guests from bringing their own drinks to their room which only had a very basic chiller, as they wanted to sell their own drinks and food ,I can understand this policy by the pool but not if you want to have a drink in your room. They served breakfast so they could call it a hotel but it was so poor it was hardly worth getting up for, only the bread and maybe the cheese were nice and I am not the fussy type, overall I would go back to Gumbet tomorrow but not the Serpina as you would be better off self catering.

Room Tip: try another hotel
hull
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A nice small hotel in a great location.The cleaners did a brill job but i agree with the last review 100% the shower was not brill & the sealant was very mouldy its correct about the staff too if your not spending at the hotel there a bit put out.The pool area&the sun beds were great very comfy for chilling out.The family room bar&restaurant next door too the hotel was faultless great staff great food & drink at a very cheap price best in town. Overall a fantastic holiday we would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: pool side as we looked at a brick wall!
2 Thank kate l
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

went to this hotel last year and had a brill hol and spent a lott of money but this year hol wasn't has good felt if you weren't spending in hotel you got thecold shoulder rooms specialy showers could be re sealed as a lot of mould wont be going back cleaners were fantastic

3 Thank william d
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I are just back from a 2 week holiday in the Serpina. This is our second time here and I would happily go back again. The rooms are basic but kept clean and the staff are very friendly. They all remembered us from last year which was nice as well. I would recommend going half board at this hotel as the chef Ali is amazing. The food he cooks is lovely and I'm a fussy eater. There is always different choices every night with soup to start and a dessert. 2 min walk from bar street but far enough away to get a good sleep at night without noise.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room
2 Thank Gemma W
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here last week with my friend, reviews were mostly excellent so I had high expectations. It did not let me down! I was staying with my mate and was looking for a hotel not too mad as Gumbet can be lively and this is spot on it has a nice relaxing atmosphere. It is very close to the beach and only down the road from bar street so the balance here is spot on and that was what I was after.

The hotel is not too big so this maybe why everywhere is so clean your room tidied every day and staff was on hand for any requests.

The Staff were nice and friendly didn’t bother you much and made sure you were fine or needed anything when around the pool. If you want a Turkish bath I asked at reception and they organised for me to be picked up and taken to this on in the middle of town which is good no too busy! When you go with the operators they are normally too crowded so this could be worth having a look at.

Rooms were clean and not to dated, the bathroom was spotless. Air con was an additional cost but worth it. Little mini fridge with drinks stocked up.

This hotel is great for family’s or couples and even people like myself who want balance of relaxation and nightlife in your holiday, you do get a great nights rest. the hotel was a great escape form the hustle and bustle of Gumbet even though it is ideally located to the beach and the bar street.

Whenever I return to Gumbet this is the only place I will choose to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends