All reviewsturkish nightnext yearair conturkeybar streetpool viewsmall balconybed and breakfastplenty of sunbedsshort walk to the beachrelaxing holidayturkish breakfastlovely weekweek staybars restaurantsboat triprooms are basic
Reviewed October 7, 2011

just returned from spending 11 nights at the serpina and have to say what great place to stay all staff very friendly ali the manager just like a holiday maker even carried our cases to bus when leaving small and friendly very clean great location ,even had kittens to cuddle ,defently go back to same hotel when we rerurn to gumbet .

Room Tip: pool veiws are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lornaholbeach
Reviewed October 6, 2011

stayed in the serpina for a week on da 17th september with my husband aidan ;;;; we really had a very relaxing hoilday ... staff were very friendly espically the chef;;;;; turkish night was fab besides going 2 bed at 7 in morn and a bad hangover the next day ha ha ''''''''''food at pool was lovely and good prices .... rooms were basic but very clean ,,, will defo be goin back

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank christineCorkIreland
Reviewed September 20, 2011

still the best hotel in Gumbet with the best staff in all of Turkey

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank stunkel
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have just got back from 10 nights at this hotel.We booked after reading all the good reviews, but I must say we were a bit disappointed.
I agree with Theresa27 about the staff, it felt as though we were in a different hotel to the other reviewers. We met family out there who were staying in ParkimAyaz, which seemed areally nice hotel. There were only two staff that could be bothered chatting to you Ehlan and the small stocky guy behind the bar.
We emailed a few weeks before we went to request a pool view room, which we didn't get,we had a room at the back 205, it wasn't a bad size, but we couldn't be bothered asking for a move so we stayed there.
I agree with arirrae, the holiday (Thomson) was overpriced. Breakfast was ok typical continental breakfast.We had acouple of lunchtime snacks which were fine, a bit more expensive than outside but this is usually the case in a hotel. We didn't really drink at the hotel as we like to be out and about.
We did have one issue with being charged twice for lunchtime drinks and meals but this was sorted out by Ali Boss.
Eating and drinking
Outside the hotel turn right and just at the bottom of the hill is a great little bar Cozy Cottage, it is run by two cousins Osman and Yazul.who are really nice guys who can't do enough for you. We had two steaks there one day with all the trimmings and they were really nice (and cheap), go and give the bar a try they really appreciate your custom.
Another good place to eat and drink is The Family Door which is to the left when you come out of the hotel, this place has a really good atmosphere and has happy hour from 10pm to 1am.
The best thing about the Serpina is the location as previous reviews say.
Would we return? To Gumbet yes! to the Serpina I doubt it as it really didn't live up to our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alfran
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading some good reviews on this site however after staying in this hotel I could not recommend it in any capacity. In addition, if you analyse the reviews on this site, the majority of positive reviews come from previous years dating back as far as 2004, I would recommend you look at the reviews from 2011 which are particularly poor and more accurate.

This is not a 3 star hotel, it is between 1 or 2 stars. The whole operation needs a complete overhaul. The fixtures and furnishings all over are grubby and dated, the staff were incompetent and moody and in some cases completely rude. The only positive of this hotel is the location which is fantastic.

Like other reviewers, on check out I was asked to pay for drinks at the bar which I did not have, ironically I did not even stay in the hotel on the night in question as I was on an overnight trip to Ephesus and Pamukkale!

In conclusion, unless you get an exceptionally low price deal, I would not recommend this hotel, I certainly will not be back.

Room Tip: Demand a room with a pool view -
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple