“' DUN KNOW ! ! ' of a Better Place to Stay.”
Review of Hotel Serpina

Hotel Serpina
Ranked #16 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My partener and myself have stayed at the 'Serpina Otel ' twice a year over the past 4 years. No matter what time you arrive during the day,your suitcases are taken straight to your room by very friendly,English speaking staff,no hanging about in reception.
Hard working ,very pleasent cleaners ,clean the rooms every day.
Swimming pool ,terrace area and bar is spotless,and at night the well groomed garden gives of it's beautifull perfumes. (So relaxing) The Hotel has a good Menu selection that is well cooked ,well presented and Very Moreish ! The staff are so effecient and egar to please,chatty and have a wonderfull sense of humour. Management can not do enough to make the stay
very welcome,by introducing themselves,Akan,Ted and Ali ,by entertaining thier guest with a Superb Turkish Night . (Bar-B-Q is fabulous! )
I think Ali needs to take a few more singing lessons ! ! I will give him a score of 6 out of 10 for trying ! ! (Only joking Ali )
Over 18 years of going to Bodrum and Gumbet and staying in many Hotels ,'Serpina Otel' has got to be the BEST HOTEL we have ever stayed at.
Keep it up all. we love you.

h

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ii-dun-know

Reviewed August 19, 2007

I stayed at the Serpina in July and after reading some of the reviews was slightly unsure as to what to expect as we booked this as a cheap last minute deal! We arrived at the hotel in the very early hours to have our luggage taken to our room before we'd even set foot inside, and were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist. The room was spotlessly clean with everything you need for a holiday; the rooms are basic but they really cannot be found fault with. We ate at the hotel most evenings, meals are served meze style with a different main course each day. Again, the food is simple, catering for all tastes and is more than adequate. I really could not have asked more from the Serpina!

For me, what really made the holiday were the wonderful staff at the hotel. They are such friendly, high-spirited people and I am sure it is impossible not to smile each time they walk past! By the end of the week it felt as if we had known these people for our entire lifetimes... I don't know how they muster the energy to be on top form all of the time! Top marks to the Serpina! I would recommend this hotel to anybody and will most definitely be back in the not too distant future!

4  Thank samantha_jayne86
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Me and my mum have just came back from the serpina hotel wich we went for a week and it was fantastic and are actually booking it again for this year.My favorite part of the holiday was the staff they were absalutly amazing so cheery and welcoming they just blend in with the guests so much.It was a lovely location and right next to all of the shops and the beach.I would advise people who are looking for a holiday that will change there lives forever to go to the serpina hotel!

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank HollyBeattie
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We've just returned from our holiday in Gumbet where we stayed at the hotel Serpina. The staff at the Serpina are very friendly and the blonde girl at the reception desk was excellent. She dealth with any queries and on a day trip that we booked that would be leaving in the morning, she asked us if we would like to have sandwiches made up which was really nice of her. The hotel itself, is definetly above the standard you would normally get in Turkey. Our room was clean, however I did think that the bathroom could have bn cleaner. We went on a B&B basis, the breakfast was continental - hard boiled egg, celery, tomato etc not really worth getting up for. My only complaint with my stay at the Serpina were the cups and plates used at the breakfast buffet, put it this way you would be looking for a clean one.

The hotel is just a short walk from the beach and the shops. We found a great restaurant just down the road from the Serpina. It was called Cafe Columbia where you would get a great english breakfast for 6 turkish lira. This place was really clean and the food was excellent and very cheap.

You can get a Dolmus just outside the hotel which will take you into Bodrum for one euro which is just 15 mins away. The markets are great, I would defo recommend the saturday market, book this with the travel agent on the street for about two euro (Do not book with your tour operator for your day trips if you want to pay over the odds) The Greek island of Kos is E25, so if you want to do something different, it is defo worth seeing. You can get duty free over there and bring back 600 cigarettes from Kos to Turkey. ( Marlboro etc 200's cost 16 euro)

The airport on the way back is very expensive for drinks, sweets sandwiches. They wanted about 7 euro for a sandwich, E5 for chips and 9 lira for a small bottle of water so bring these with you.

On the hotel Serpina, I would go back and stay there again, Ali and his staff are really nice and helpful and this hotel is above average.

2  Thank smileyUk
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I have just returned from this hotel, and I must say it is the best holiday that I have ever had.

The accomodation itself is of higher standard than I expected. The rooms were constantly clean and tidy and the cleaner dealt with any mess - even after a heavy night out!!
The reception was open 24hours and would deal with any problem or querry that you may have at any time.
The food was delicious and of high standard. You could have a range of foods, and there was often special deals each night. As our flight was late, they even offered to make some sandwiches that we could take with us.

The special thanks has to go to Michael and his team of bar staff. They were consantly smiling and happy, which then passed on to each of the guests. If you ever needed anything they were there, and made the holiday the highlight it was. They not only appealed to young couples, but for older ones and families alike.

The resort was close to the centre and also to the beach front, with many bars and clubs and night. You do have to walk, but in about 5minutes you reach some shops, and walk a little further and there are more again - such as burger king!

One thing that I recomend is watching a turkish night - at the serpina and also experiencing the turkish bath.

1  Thank E2401