“Recommended holiday location”

Ranked #74 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
London
“Recommended holiday location”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

With a great package it has been a wonderful holiday. Central location, freindly staff, excellent service! Highly recommended ;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CandygLondon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Despite the previous comments I have just spent a week staying here. It is under new management and is totally different. I found the staff very helpful, rooms were quite impressive having recently been renovated. The facilities are excellent pool, spa. an exceptional garden including tennis court. Two very nice restaurants one beach front and one within the hotel. Food was excellent and good price, I had both the carvery menu and the al la carte and liked food in both so well done Cesars.

Room Tip: Choose a beach front room they have a lovely view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Castellane
NY
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed there with my family. We were going to stay there 25 days. We agreed on price. After we moved in with my 85 years old mother. They changed their pries and payment terms. Also, they did that in a very humiliating manner. The rooms were bad.Everything was old and smelly.

There was no entertainment at all. This was very unusual for Gumbet.

Do not stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank PrUren

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Sarajevo
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed there with my boyfriend for a week. When we entered the room we booked on the 1st floor, there was extreme smell of the city garbage which was placed next to the hotel. We asked for another room and were offered the one in the basement. It was extremely small and poor, most probably used by employees, but we had to stay there till the end of the vacation since that was the only one option apart from staying in a room with awful smell.
The food is nice, many choices every day but the dishes and tables were always very dirty. If you are even little fastidious-do not go to this hotel at all! We had an all inclusive arrangement and it was quite good.
The beach and sea around the hotel are very dirty and the area looks like a lake or even a bog. Swimming pool was clean.
The hotel itself is ok, garden is very nice and clean.
The entire beach area of Gyumbet is quite dirty, sea is full of boats and no opportunity to enjoy swimming in the sea. The area is attractive for young people because it is full of disco clubs with all-night-long parties.
Generally, you can enjoy even in some 3* hotel much better than in this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Almy76
glasgow
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I will start with the good stuff. The hotel was clean and the staff were polite. Now the bad stuff. The staff did not have a good grasp of english. There is no way the hotel is 4 star and I would be kind to say it was 3 star. The food was fresh but undible. I promise you I am not a fussy eater but it tasted horrible. I survived on chips and fresh tomatoes. Me and my friend were the only British people there because it was full of Turks. The drinks were terrible because they had no cocktails, Whisky and Jack D. There is a myth that Turkey is cheap but it is not. £2.50-£5 a beer and Jack D is a whopping £7.50! Bodrum is more expensive that Gumpet but nicer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank pinkskin
Glasgow
Reviewed July 14, 2010

There really isn't much/anything positive to say here. We booked this as a late deal so weren't expecting fantastic things, however when something is labelled as 4 star - all inclusive, I expect a degree of cleanliness, service and choice when I arrive.

The selection at the bar is limited to say the least and the less said about the food on offer would be for the better I think. Suffice to say that along with the standard of the rooms, it is simply not 4 star... barely scraping 3 in my opinion. Please note that no meals what-so-ever at the a la carte restaurant are included as part of your "all-inclusive" stay. You will have to make do with the variation of Chicken or Beef/Lamb "stews" with a side of rice or chips for hot food, or a larger selection of salad style accompaniments, that they have thrown together for that particular evenings slurry. Hardly substantial though.

The pool and grounds are clean, spacious and well maintained enough but do not expect a nice beach on your doorstep, it is about 6 feet wide at best and pretty grubby. The whole town is hardly what I would consider to be a good beach resort to be honest as it really isn't well kept throughout to be honest.

The biggest compliment I can pay is that some staff tried hard (there were as many that acted as though they'd rather be anywhere else though) and the beds were relatively comfortable. Oh, the showers are crap too.

So as far as the hotel goes, I wouldn't be back, and I would also be absolutley livid if I had booked this place way in advance rather than a late deal holiday based on pre-travelling description and expectation compared to the reality.

As an aside thought, I noticed a few comments on the forum about the resort/town/area itself being killed by the dominance of all-inclusive hotels. I will have to assume that we landed a bum deal because we ended up eating out exclusively after the second night. If anything is driving anyone away from local trade (using my own perspective as basis here) it is the scandalous pricing in shops and bars for basic provisions and drinks based on faux values applied because they are willing to accept Sterling, Euro, Dollars. Having said that, any restaurant I used I found to be reasonable value for food when eating out.

I would agree with those British contributers thus far that have suggested that if you are British, there is a good chance you will be the only ones in the hotel. May suit some and not suit others, so worth mentioning I suppose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jagtastic
beograd
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Hotel cesars is awfull hotel in Gumbet.Food is terrible and service is bad. Beach is covered with rocks, so you have to use swimming pool.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everithing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank serbianmama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Casablanca Hotel
#14 of 100 in Gumbet
Sofabed Hotel
Sofabed Hotel
#5 of 18 in Ortakent

Been to Cesars Resorts & Hotels Bodrum? Share your experiences!