“Less than 4* for sure!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Sarajevo
“Less than 4* for sure!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed there with my boyfriend for a week. When we entered the room we booked on the 1st floor, there was extreme smell of the city garbage which was placed next to the hotel. We asked for another room and were offered the one in the basement. It was extremely small and poor, most probably used by employees, but we had to stay there till the end of the vacation since that was the only one option apart from staying in a room with awful smell.
The food is nice, many choices every day but the dishes and tables were always very dirty. If you are even little fastidious-do not go to this hotel at all! We had an all inclusive arrangement and it was quite good.
The beach and sea around the hotel are very dirty and the area looks like a lake or even a bog. Swimming pool was clean.
The hotel itself is ok, garden is very nice and clean.
The entire beach area of Gyumbet is quite dirty, sea is full of boats and no opportunity to enjoy swimming in the sea. The area is attractive for young people because it is full of disco clubs with all-night-long parties.
Generally, you can enjoy even in some 3* hotel much better than in this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Almy76

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

I will start with the good stuff. The hotel was clean and the staff were polite. Now the bad stuff. The staff did not have a good grasp of english. There is no way the hotel is 4 star and I would be kind to say it was 3 star. The food was fresh but undible. I promise you I am not a fussy eater but it tasted horrible. I survived on chips and fresh tomatoes. Me and my friend were the only British people there because it was full of Turks. The drinks were terrible because they had no cocktails, Whisky and Jack D. There is a myth that Turkey is cheap but it is not. £2.50-£5 a beer and Jack D is a whopping £7.50! Bodrum is more expensive that Gumpet but nicer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank pinkskin

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

There really isn't much/anything positive to say here. We booked this as a late deal so weren't expecting fantastic things, however when something is labelled as 4 star - all inclusive, I expect a degree of cleanliness, service and choice when I arrive.

The selection at the bar is limited to say the least and the less said about the food on offer would be for the better I think. Suffice to say that along with the standard of the rooms, it is simply not 4 star... barely scraping 3 in my opinion. Please note that no meals what-so-ever at the a la carte restaurant are included as part of your "all-inclusive" stay. You will have to make do with the variation of Chicken or Beef/Lamb "stews" with a side of rice or chips for hot food, or a larger selection of salad style accompaniments, that they have thrown together for that particular evenings slurry. Hardly substantial though.

The pool and grounds are clean, spacious and well maintained enough but do not expect a nice beach on your doorstep, it is about 6 feet wide at best and pretty grubby. The whole town is hardly what I would consider to be a good beach resort to be honest as it really isn't well kept throughout to be honest.

The biggest compliment I can pay is that some staff tried hard (there were as many that acted as though they'd rather be anywhere else though) and the beds were relatively comfortable. Oh, the showers are crap too.

So as far as the hotel goes, I wouldn't be back, and I would also be absolutley livid if I had booked this place way in advance rather than a late deal holiday based on pre-travelling description and expectation compared to the reality.

As an aside thought, I noticed a few comments on the forum about the resort/town/area itself being killed by the dominance of all-inclusive hotels. I will have to assume that we landed a bum deal because we ended up eating out exclusively after the second night. If anything is driving anyone away from local trade (using my own perspective as basis here) it is the scandalous pricing in shops and bars for basic provisions and drinks based on faux values applied because they are willing to accept Sterling, Euro, Dollars. Having said that, any restaurant I used I found to be reasonable value for food when eating out.

I would agree with those British contributers thus far that have suggested that if you are British, there is a good chance you will be the only ones in the hotel. May suit some and not suit others, so worth mentioning I suppose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jagtastic
beograd
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

Hotel cesars is awfull hotel in Gumbet.Food is terrible and service is bad. Beach is covered with rocks, so you have to use swimming pool.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everithing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank serbianmama
Tehran
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

It was my first time to Turkey. cesars hotel was a 3 stars hotel. For some resons it was the best place for me and my friend to stay, it was in Gumbat so it was very close to Budrum.It was a bus stop near the hotel and it took about 15 min to get to Bodrum.We could walk to street bar every night and we enjoyed Gumbat night life very much. The food was good and with a very good variety. The y had belly dance and some local dances in the restaurant the first night we arrived. The rooms were large and clean. Staffs were friendly and kind. Of course they charge u for safe box in this hotel, 4 $ for each day!
It was on a very beautiful beach. Drinks were free and u could drink till 11 p.m in pool bar.The negative point abot the hotel was u were allowed to use pool till 7 p.m.After that there was no music and u couldn't even sit beside the pool.
We enjoyed our stay in Cesars hotel and we saved our money.I recommend this hotel to any one who is interested to see bodrum and to any young couple.

• Liked — Large clean rooms
  • Disliked — no music in pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

Where to start... I was there with my friends and this was the worst holiday we ever had! It is a four star hotel, but it barely deserves three. Only good thing was that the rooms and sheets were clean. The dishes were so dirty, on the cofee cups there were always leftovers of cofee, they smelt on milk, like they never washed them. I can't explain how dirty the glasses were. They always smelt so bad, propably when they were in hurry, they washed them only with water, many times there was a lipstick trak on them. Also they put them on a dirty plates, so the smell was even more terrible. And can you imagine in a four star hotel to drink from a plastic glasses? Well, on the terrace bar they give you water and juice (if you can call some instant flavour with water a juice) in plastic glasses that were used thousand times and propabli washed only with cold water (you can imagine the smell of this glasses). The plates, knifes and forks were also dirty. When we objected couple of times about that, they might got a little better, but after the second day,we strated to ignore the fact that they were dirty, becouse otherwise, we wouldn't eat anything and we would stay hungry, altought we payed for all inclusive.
And the stuff... we have been on many places, but we never had such a bad experience with the stuff like in this hotel. I'm not sure if totaly three people in the hotel spoke english. Only the manager of the reception, the receptionist and the manager of the restorant spoke english, even not great. Most of the other stuff didn't understand a word. When we asked for extra chairs in our room becouse we were three persons, and there was only one chair, we had to remind them three or four times to bring them. But when we had to check out, they were so precise, they called us even ten minutes earlier to remind us that we had to check out.
There was no entertaiment in the hotel at all, only one night of the week, during dinner, there was a turkish night, it wasn't bad, but nothing else. Even on the terrace in the evening there was nothing, somethimes they played some limited number of songs on a poor sound system, but that was all.
There were some other things that we weren't satisfied with, but it would take more place and more time, so I'll stop here.
In one sentence, if you don't want to ruin your holiday, don't go in Cesars hotel Bodrum.

• Liked — location, close to center and to the beach
  • Disliked — Dirth and bad attitude of the stuff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank bileSkopje
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2006

The hotel is a little "tired" around the edges but nothing a little TLC wouldn't fix. The pool, bars and grounds were clean and well maintained Room was clean and the only problem we had was fixed very quickly. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English or worked with you until they understood. The food was plentiful, very tasty and well presented. Yes it is Continetal / Turkish but we can get fish and chips 50 other weeks of the year. Foreign food is part of the fun for us. Although there was plenty of choice each day it was a little repetitious and perhaps a daily "signature" dish would have been nice. Apart from the "Turkish Night" there was no entertainment except a very limited selection of cd's played over a temperamental sound system, which was rather poor considering the number of roving performers in the town. As a base, it is close enough to the town for the nightlife but without any noise problems.

One thing to note is that we were "the only English in the village" for the first week and it was commented on that it is unusual for the English to be at this hotel. However there were none of the problems usually levelled at the Germans and he ones we spoke to were very pleasant.

Overall we would go back as the staff and locals made it a good experience.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — lack of entertainment
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Bodrum Beach Resort
#10 of 29 in Ortakent
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#1 of 98 in Gumbet

Been to Cesars Resorts & Hotels Bodrum? Share your experiences!