“One of the best all inclusives ive been too in Turkey”

Royal Asarlik Beach
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Ok lets get some facts straight first...I see in other reviews people are complaining about a lack of variety in the food served. What exactly do they expect? When a hotel is ran on an all inclusive basis whatever fresh veg etc that isnt used up earlier in the day must be incorporated into a dish in the evening to avoid wastage. Personally I thought the food choice was fine and I am a very fussy eater. Ive been to Turkey around 8 times now and 7 times staying on an all inclusive basis and to be honest the variety that the Asarlik offer is about the best you'll get in Turkey.

Also people were complaining about the drinks choice?? This is insane! At nearly every other inclusive hotel ive stayed at the only alcoholic drink choices are - wine, beer, vodka, gin, whiskey. As you'd expect all sprirts are the local spirts (as they are at any all inclusive hotel). They offered- wine (very nice Rose!) Beer (which certainly wasnt watered down!) Vodka, Gin, Bacardi, Baileys, Whiskey, Malibu. Also each day there is a different cocktail menu available which is fab and gives you variety in what your drinking. I must also add there are childrens non alcoholic cocktails available which were a hit with my two youngest cousins (and the adults too!).

In other reviews people complain about the animation/entertainment- again I will compare it to the other entertainment in hotels I have experienced in Turkey and it is probably better than most (I speak with regards to the evening shows provided by the team) If it is not the animation team taking part in the show it is an entertainer/act brought in from outside. While I was there, there was a Turkish belly dancer and magician- both very good. Now I speak with regards to the daytime entertainment (around the pool etc) the team were great especially Eto and Alex (they're both ex break dancing champions) they kept us entertained many a day/night with there dancing skills and funny banter. I have to also commend the friendliness of all the staff in all aspects of the hotel.

With regards to location- its fantastic, about a 10min walk (if that) to centre of Gumbet with shops and restaurants along the way, or alternatively you can walk along the beach promonade. The nightlife is also really good on the main street, but be aware that your likely to pay around 10 lira per drink (i.e. vodka coke) Beer around 8 lira. This is in the main large bars, in the smaller restaurants etc drinks are cheaper.

Another good point is the closenest to the beach- basically you couldnt be any closer unless you were on the beach already!

My only two bad points-

We were put into the old wing/part of the hotel (named the 'Nostalgia rooms') and we were on the bottom floor which had no view at all (well expcept a brick wall!) We requested to be moved but were told there were no more triple rooms available. However besides the view the room was clean, tidy and spacious. There was one evening our room hadnt been cleaned, but after a short call to reception (who was very pleasant and happy to help) the cleaner came along in a matter of minutes with fresh towels.

The sunbeds- We went early may which is very very early in the season so the hotel wasn't particularly busy however nearly all the sunbeds were being used everyday (at both of the pools). I'd imagine that in peak season it will be very difficult to get a sunbed unless your an early riser! Also at the second pool (at the coktail bar/nostalgia rooms) the sunshades were a nightmare! I found myself constantly swapping beds with my family chasing the sun as your unable to collapse the umbrella part, this meant your constantly trying to avoid the shade! I must say that at the main pool the umbrellas were collapseable though.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank SuzieCNewcastle
There are newer reviews for Royal Asarlik Beach

Reviewed May 9, 2009

The Hotel is very lovely and clean. Our room was amazing, we didn't expect it to be so nice! The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us (we lost or broke our key 4 times and they were happy to replace it without moaning).

The food was fantastic, although a little repetitive but that was expected in an all inclusive. The food off the BBQ was great! A coupe of friends in my party did not like the food and went out into gumbet town each night for their tea.

There was always sunbed available around the pool and on the beach so we didnt have to get up really early to leave our towels out. the beach is quite pebbley so we spent most of the time around the pool.

Gumbet town is about a 5 min walk from the hotel and is a very lively area, good for people looking for a partying holiday. Bodrum town is only a short bus ride away, which is full of bars and clubs open all night long.

If your looking to do some shopping there is a bus to the local market, where there are some great things to buy (lots of fake designer bags, sunglasses etc, but look very real).

Overall a fantastic holiday!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank sarahj210
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Illness has prevented me from doing a review of the Royal Asarlik Beach hotel, I am completely shocked and upset by some of the trip advisors review of this hotel, we were their last May 2008 with our daughters family, and enjoyed it that much we returned in September last year

Never before in our holidays have we ever returned to the same hotel twice, we were not disappointed the staff were as always most helpful and attentive and we cannot understand some comments on the food or illness, my wife has a diploma on food hygiene ( from the Royal Institution of Public Health and Hygiene ) who thought their standards were higher than a lot of places in the U.K.

They were always checking temperatures and probing food for to make sure the food was correct temperatures, the tour operators manager for the Bodrum area even ate at the hotel frequently,
The selection of food was varied and plentiful my grandchildren enjoyed the variety of food and they are usually fussy eaters

With the credit crunch and the price of the Euro we are returning to the Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel this year and can not wait to return, the hotel offers 24 hour all inclusive with as I stated exceptional service we would wholeheartedly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
10  Thank gordon-deans
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Roylal Asarlik Beach Hotel is one of best holidays i have ever had. Everything is perfect from the location to the cleanliness of the complex. I could not fault this hotel. Of course you will always get the professional moaners that come on holiday just to winge about something. Believe me if you try this hotel you will return i have stayed in it 11 times and every year it gets better. Go on give it a try!!!

2  Thank MARI340
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We booked a last minute holiday to Gumbet with 1st choice and we didnt find out the hotel name until we arrived in Turkey. I took the brochure with me so when the rep told me we were staying at Asarlik beach I was happy!

We only paid £250 each for a week half board and it was worth every penny. I had been to Gumbet in 1995 with my family and it has changed a lot since then. The best thing about Gumbet is there is something for everyone... couples, old, young, kids, or groups. If you want a quiet relaxing holiday you can or if you want to party all night long you can do that too!

The hotel is lovely, we stayed at the back of the hotel and had a varanda looking over the lovely garden and waterfall. There are a lot of steps down to the pool. The hotel was clean staff were quite friendly and if like us you dont want to get up early you can still find a sun lounger by the pool. The ents team dont stop all day and night, they do games in and around the pool (we just watched but it was fun). We went to Halikarnas night club with them one night, they really looked after us even when we got very drunk and nearly missed the bus back, they came looking for us!!

The hotel is on the beach and there were always sun lounges, the beach is quite stoney here but if you walk around the corner its more sandy there. There is music and lots of bars on the beach and its very busy day and night. If you want a quieter night you can stay in the hotel and they have local entertainment, the beach is also nice at night to have a meal or chill on the bean bags. The main bars and clubs are a couple of minutes walk and there are lots of them!!

The food at the hotel is not the best, lunch took ages to get served and the buffet of a night was cold and not much choice at all (but we didnt care, we eat out and it was cheap). We never made it to breakfast!!

Overall a great place to stay and I would go back tomorrow!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DancerUk
Reviewed January 16, 2009

The hotel was lovely really clean, room was cleaned every day (not at stupid times either!) and staff really friendly. The food was ok but it did get abit repetitive, I just survived off coco pops for breakfast and rice at dinner lol. Also during our stay we spoke to a couple of people who had suffered food poisoning! Gumbet town is about a 5 min walk away and you can get a bus in to Bodrum for 2 lira which takes about 20 mins. When you are sat on the beach you will be occasionally approached by people trying to sell water sports and boat trips. There is one man who stands on the beach next to the hotel who claims he is part of the hotel and Thomas Cook...lies! we found out the hard way, we didnt visit all the places we were supposed to. If you want to do one of these trips you will probably be better off walking into town and going through a company there.
The hotel entertainment was good some nights, but not so good on others. If you are going with children they do a mini disco at the start of the evening for them.
The beach is man-made, but it is lovely and there are plenty of sunbeds. The weather was lovely too, about 27 degrees everyday!
Overall the holiday was great. Was my first time to Turkey and i really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank xcolleenx
Reviewed January 14, 2009

This hotel was in a perfect location, 25 meters from the beach and with an impressive and diverse buffet menu.

Takes about 10 mins to walk to Gumbet centre with lots of shops and Turkish Baths.

Go on the lazy cruise boat as this is the best trip we went on. Very relaxing and jumping in the water from the top of the boat was great fun

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank riisereplica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Luvi Hotel
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#8 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Royal Asarlik Beach? Share your experiences!