Ok lets get some facts straight first...I see in other reviews people are complaining about a lack of variety in the food served. What exactly do they expect? When a hotel is ran on an all inclusive basis whatever fresh veg etc that isnt used up earlier in the day must be incorporated into a dish in the evening to avoid wastage. Personally I thought the food choice was fine and I am a very fussy eater. Ive been to Turkey around 8 times now and 7 times staying on an all inclusive basis and to be honest the variety that the Asarlik offer is about the best you'll get in Turkey.
Also people were complaining about the drinks choice?? This is insane! At nearly every other inclusive hotel ive stayed at the only alcoholic drink choices are - wine, beer, vodka, gin, whiskey. As you'd expect all sprirts are the local spirts (as they are at any all inclusive hotel). They offered- wine (very nice Rose!) Beer (which certainly wasnt watered down!) Vodka, Gin, Bacardi, Baileys, Whiskey, Malibu. Also each day there is a different cocktail menu available which is fab and gives you variety in what your drinking. I must also add there are childrens non alcoholic cocktails available which were a hit with my two youngest cousins (and the adults too!).
In other reviews people complain about the animation/entertainment- again I will compare it to the other entertainment in hotels I have experienced in Turkey and it is probably better than most (I speak with regards to the evening shows provided by the team) If it is not the animation team taking part in the show it is an entertainer/act brought in from outside. While I was there, there was a Turkish belly dancer and magician- both very good. Now I speak with regards to the daytime entertainment (around the pool etc) the team were great especially Eto and Alex (they're both ex break dancing champions) they kept us entertained many a day/night with there dancing skills and funny banter. I have to also commend the friendliness of all the staff in all aspects of the hotel.
With regards to location- its fantastic, about a 10min walk (if that) to centre of Gumbet with shops and restaurants along the way, or alternatively you can walk along the beach promonade. The nightlife is also really good on the main street, but be aware that your likely to pay around 10 lira per drink (i.e. vodka coke) Beer around 8 lira. This is in the main large bars, in the smaller restaurants etc drinks are cheaper.
Another good point is the closenest to the beach- basically you couldnt be any closer unless you were on the beach already!
My only two bad points-
We were put into the old wing/part of the hotel (named the 'Nostalgia rooms') and we were on the bottom floor which had no view at all (well expcept a brick wall!) We requested to be moved but were told there were no more triple rooms available. However besides the view the room was clean, tidy and spacious. There was one evening our room hadnt been cleaned, but after a short call to reception (who was very pleasant and happy to help) the cleaner came along in a matter of minutes with fresh towels.
The sunbeds- We went early may which is very very early in the season so the hotel wasn't particularly busy however nearly all the sunbeds were being used everyday (at both of the pools). I'd imagine that in peak season it will be very difficult to get a sunbed unless your an early riser! Also at the second pool (at the coktail bar/nostalgia rooms) the sunshades were a nightmare! I found myself constantly swapping beds with my family chasing the sun as your unable to collapse the umbrella part, this meant your constantly trying to avoid the shade! I must say that at the main pool the umbrellas were collapseable though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet