My husband and I stayed here with other members of our family in September although we had booked separately through Thomas Cook. This hotel is rated as 5* inclusive but there is no way it should be. Having read some rather derogatory comments about the hotel we were a little sceptical but other members of our family had stayed there before and liked it so we went with an open mind. The room we had in B Block was a little "tired" in décor but adequate, quiet and with a lovely sea view. The food in the main restaurant was good in the main with plenty of choice although if the weather turns bad, as it did whilst we were there, be warned, there is very little in the way of inside eating area. The four specialist restaurants were very disappointing though. These are billed as "Al la Carte" and you are only allowed to eat at each of them once during your stay and have to book early in the morning of the day you wish to eat and there were only 2 of the 4 operating on any one day. We had expected them to be "special" and a cut above the buffet restaurant but in our opinion that was far from the fact. The only al la carte items were for the main course where there were 3 options with the other courses all just being one set item. The standard of food was not as good in most cases as in the main restaurant and in the main it was cold when it reached us. Sadly not the dining experience we were hoping for. Our main complaint though was the fact that all of the spirits were watered down to such an extent it was like drinking a watered down mixer. Neither of us are big drinkers but I had been hoping for a gin and tonic in the evening before dinner and a maybe a whisky or brandy or cocktail after. We tried every bar and every type to establish if it was just a one off.....most definitely not. Our family and friends assured us this had not been the case on their previous visits. We expected local brands but even they are the statutory 40% proof or thereabouts. The only alcoholic beverage that was drinkable was the lager. The wine served was pretty dreadful as well so we ended up drinking water most evenings, whether intentionally or not! We complained to the rep who basically did nothing and certainly didn't feed it back to Thomas Cook as we found out when we sent a letter of complaint. It was only on our last night that apparently things changed in one bar when a guest became very vocal to the manager and the vodka suddenly became full strength in that one bar. The management apparently blamed the bar staff but that degree of dilution throughout the hotel cannot happen without collusion from a higher authority. Thomas Cook have been no better as the offer of compensation has been derisory and they have constantly ignored correspondence. This was the first package holiday we have taken in over a decade as we generally book independently. It will certainly be the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet