Just returned from an amazing 2 week honeymoon at the Royal Asarlik. The hotel itself, the staff, the room, the food and bars were all brilliant I cannot fault this hotel in any way, our holiday was perfect.
Hotel: The hotel itself is beautiful and has amazing views. There are two pools, an activities pool and a relax pool. The stairs on the outside of the hotel take you through beautiful hotel gardens which have a river flowing throughout. There are many bars and restaurants in the hotel. The main restaurant (panorama) has amazing views of the sea and Gumbet. There is also an Italian and a Turkish restaurant which are by the pool area and also a fish and Chinese restaurant. The bars are great especially the green bar by the relax pool and the Marine bar. Not once did I think the drinks were ‘watered down’ I sometimes found them quite strong! The staff in the hotel are great and were always very helpful towards us. Fair enough some do not speak great English but we found that those who did not speak good English were new to the hotel – they learn as they work! Oozer in the green bar at the relax pool is a great barman and can speak great fluent English. If you don’t like the cocktails or drinks on offer, ask him to make something you like and he will
Rooms: On arrival our room was double booked and we had to stay in another hotel for the night. This was quite an inconvenience for us but the hotel handled the problem brilliantly and gave us a free upgrade of a beautiful sea view room with free champagne, wine and fruit, a free safety deposit box and a free late check out. The room was very clean, spacious and bed very comfortable. Our hairdryer did break one night but as soon as it was reported someone was straight to our room to fix it (these things happen and the hotel cannot prevent from faults happening sometimes)
Food: I have absolutely no idea how people can complain about the food in this hotel. They must be extremely picky or just the type that love complaining. Yes there was no full English breakfast but you are in Turkey – try something new or go out to a cheap pub and get bacon and beans for 3lira! The buffet in the Panorama restaurant was great and there was always plenty to choose from especially from fruit and cakes. Turkish night was the best as there was brilliant Turkish kebab’s that we loved. We visited the Italian and the Turkish restaurants which were both great. The pastry shop in the hotel which was open from 11am – 6pm served lovely cakes and biscuits all day and also a hot waffle and ice cream service from 3pm. There was also a lovely salad bar by the relax pool which served lovely salads, pizza, burgers and chips from 12:30 until 4pm everyday. There would also sometimes be a hot dog stall by the pool in the afternoon. How can people say that’s not a good variety?
Cleanliness: The hotel is completely spotless. Rooms are cleaned every single day and fresh towels always provided. We came back to our room one day with a lovely love heart flower display on our bed. The maids are constantly hoovering the halls – even at night as we were going for dinner. The relax pool had a wooden decking area around the pool which was also always washed down in case it got slippery. The tables at the bars were always tidied quickly – there were never empty glasses left lying around. After a night out we returned to the hotel at 6am and as we walked to our room through the marine bar the staff were hosing down all the outside steps (this was apparently to get rid of any insects).
Acitivies: The hotel is situated in a fantastic spot in Gumbet and there are loads of things to do. The boat trips with Hassan are worth the money. We went on a small trip with another 10 people which was really nice and relaxing and we also went another with a larger group on a bigger boat. The trips take you to 5 different islands, including camel beach where you can ride a camel and also the Black Island where you can visit the underwater caves and get a clay face mask. Al food and drink on the bat trips are free! The entertainment team are great especially Ekrem who is very friendly and takes Archery in the afternoons. A visit to Bodrum is also a must. We visited a restaurant on the beach in Bodrum called the Golden Plate. The staff from this restaurant come to the hotel through the day and ask if you would like to go. They come pick you up from the hotel and take you to Bodrum for free, give you a lovely table by the sea overlooking Bodrum castle then after dinner take you back to your hotel. The spa centre in the hotel is also great. You can use the Turkish baths, Sauna, steam room, indoor pool and gym all for free. We got an anti stress couples massage which was well worth the money.
We would definitely return to the Royal Asarlik for a 2nd year as we had the greatest time here. Do not take any notice of the silly picky bad reviews as this hotel is definitely worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet