We were at the royal asarlik beach hotel from the 13th-27th june, we are repeat guests not too sure how many times we have stayed at this hotel now but it is over fifteen.
I will start with this years changes as I saw them, there is now a pattisserie that opens from 11oclock - 5.00pm it is situated in the relaxation area, now I have a sweet tooth so the waffles and ice cream went down a treat not to mention the cakes also found the coffee there a very good standard.
The ala-carte restaurants, chinese ,turkish, italian, and fish, we tried them all, the biggest change was the italian, greatly improved as in previous years it was not for us but this year the menu had been changed and in our opinion for the better. If you like fish Its excellent, this was our personall favorite although all are now good.
The drinks, they are local drinks and in our stay this was highlighted to management that they were not so good, to our knowledge they were going to change thier suppliers, now we like a gin and tonic, the tonic tasted like soda water , this we highlighted and the tonic was then changed to shweppes tonic.
The snack bar by the relaxation pool, serves omellettes, and burger and chips, a range of salads and fresh fruit and its right next to the bar.
By the 24 hour bar on the beach front snacks are also served, this was helpful when sat on the beach and just didnt want to get changed or move too far.
Upstairs in the main restaurant, serve breakfast, lunch and evening meal, we tended to have lunch there more often than not just to get out of the sun, there was always a good choice.
On the beachfront on the relaxation pool there is also a bar not to sure what drinks they serve there as I usually stopped off there to sit in some shade and have a coffee.
We noticed a hotdog stand just up from the beach but think that must of been the only thing we didnt try! Not sure if this was a trial or permanent thing.
The staff, there are a lot of new staff and I must say we found them all to be very nice and helpful, however it was nice to see familiar faces like Arzu guest relations, Ismail and Volkan on the front desk and of course Hasan. There is a new manager Orhan, he is the new manager but not new to the Asarlik.
Cannot comment on the entertainment team as we often ventured out in the evening.
For those of you who like a good steak, we eat at the minstrel or the columbia, both very good , and prices very reasonable it worked out approx £11 a head and that was including drinks, approx a ten min walk from the hotel along the beachfront.
Now we heard as you always do people complaining about something or other, if you have a problem tell them. There is a guest relations manager there and she is there to help you no matter how big or small it seems, and over the years we have seen her a few times her name is Arzu. Because we are repeat guests we also get things we dont like and tell them if they dont know they cannot help. To date we have always found everyone very helpful.
We enjoyed are holiday very much, the staff were helpful and polite, the food was good, the weather fantastic, our room was always cleaned to a high standard and fridge stocked daily with water. Altogether a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday and cannot wait to return in September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet