“Too expensive”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
“Too expensive”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food at this restaurant was okay, but the prices were astronomical, 12 lira for a beer in a restaurant, what is that all about, everywhere else charges 8. For this reason and this reason alone we will not return.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gumbetoldtimer

• Turkish first
Eindhoven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best lobster ever.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you want service come here. The friendliest staff ever. And good managers who entertain you. First day I only had drinks and order lobster for the second day. This was the best lobster ever. The third day we had steak....perfect. After many drinks i lost my phone in the taxi. The hotel told me the cabdriver didn't found anyting. I went back for the owner of Gumbet House. He walked with me to the taxi's. He talked with them and surprise my phone was with the cabdriver. Thank you for a nice time and the patient for my son haha.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tis83
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Tinas not eating”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel food poor so went to this restaurant due to recommendations frrom trip advisor.
We orderred food 4 in our party last night of our holiday and last time I would spend with my brother and his wife who were returning to Canada the next day, The food arrived for other 3 , mine was not to be seen, The waiter came and asked what I had orderred He had obviously forget. then the manager came and told me my fish had been overcooked so they were starting again. fifteen minutes later still no food. By the time it arrived everybody else had finished so I sent it back. Service poor, apolgies minimal. taste of food your guess as good as mine.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Christina P
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
“real turkey”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Tried Gumbet House on the last night of our holiday. We waited till a little later as we knew there was live turkish music on at about 11.00pm. The food & service were very good & everything was traditional which was great. The music made you want to get up & dance but hey ho no way would my hubby so we just watched the turkish families enjoying themselves instead! Try it if you want a piece of real turkish delight!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank pammy309
Lekkerkerk, The Netherlands
“Excellent food and very nice staff”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Excellent restaurant, one of the best in Gumbet! Especially the Chateaubriand is perfect. We love their cocktails! The staff is extremely friendly. You really should try this restaurant in the middle of Bar Street! (Till 10 pm their is no noise in Bar Street, so you can eat in peace and quiet.)

• Visited June 2014