“Club Shark has the WOW Factor without the high cost.”
Review of Shark Club

Shark Club
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Club Shark has the WOW Factor without the high cost.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at the Club Shark for a week with my daughter in October 2013. We had a lovely week there was not a cloud in the sky the whole week. Club Shark Hotel is very clean, staff are very polite and helpful. The bedrooms are spotless. Food was good. Great location for getting about. Overall we had a great holiday. This is my second stay here this year and I will be back again soon. Dorothy from Edinburgh.

Room Tip: The terrace rooms around the pool are the best.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank portrosie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

myself and my partner stayed for 12 days in October.
The best thing about the hotel was how lovely and clean it was, there were al ways staff cleaning the pool ares and toilets. restaurant was spotless and rooms cleaned to a very high standard.
The rooms are lovely, modern, spacious and had everything we needed, a few more hangers would've come in handy.
I honestly can't understand why people are complaining about the food....there was plenty on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner. if you want English food, stay in England. For what works out at the equivalent of £20 per night for a room, 3 meals a day and unlimited drinks I'm not surprised there was chicken on the menu most days.
The restaurant staff were all very pleasant, not all could speak English but always had smiles on their faces and were very efficient.
The pool area is nice, partially shaded and pool cold but it was October.
my biggest complaint about this hotel would be the moaning, rude guests! apart from them we enjoyed our holiday thoroughly.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Melissa N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for 1.5 weeks in October and had a great stay. As far as all inclusives in poorer countries of the Mediterranean go, it was the best food I've had. Very very clean hotel. The service wasnt great though, the waiters were all quite creepy and have a habit of snatching your plate the second you put the last bite in your mouth which got really annoying because they don't replace the cutlery. The room was great, great bed and shower. the pool was great too. Absolutely no wifi though and they were very unhelpful when I tried to get it to work even though their site says they have it, they just shrugged heir shoulders at me. Overall I would recommend, it was good value and from what I gather it is one of the only hotels in Gumbet that is hygienic and does nice food. Wouldn't go in the peak months though. Oh and great location!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Okay This hotel is a joke … I.E its not a 4 star hotel in turkey I Would say more 3 if that …. I was really Shocked when me and my husband arrived on the 13th of oct …. After a long flight 4 hours the last thing you want is to be messed about Well that’s what we got they changed are rooms and then made us wait !!!! After waiting we walked to are rooms which I would call there club rooms maybe as they are not in the main hotel. The Room. Fine was clean very up to date nothing wrong with it intil I walked outside to have a fag … Joke Really I was meet was a dirty smelly overgrown bit of dirt / grass we had no chairs to sit down on and while smoking outside I had someone flick over a fag frm the pool area and hit me and brunt my finger JOKE! … So my husband went to to ask to change room … Answer no sorry we have no rooms.. There was no way the hotel was full at all.. So after this I was already in tears I wanted to get on a plan then and there to leave ! .. After having a sleep I felt better and was ready to give it another go so after getting dressed ready to go out I went outside for a fag again .. Guess what !!! Someone threw there fag over and it brunt a whole in my Dress ! Well I could go on forever about this hotel they do not care about you at all … your treated like a piece of S*&T if u ask me. Oz kept coming up to us after telling him 12 times we didn’t want a Turkish bath … and then had the cheek to say he was doing as a deal at 35 quid each .. I love how they can just mug u off like that ! The food .. Was okay but stay away from meats if im honest they kept re-cooking stuff from lunch and just severing it a sauce Gross so most times we ate out in the windmill right next to the hotel it was lovely and if it wasn’t for that place I think I would have booked flights home. Also some staff would go in before you and eat which I thought was a lil rude if u ask me .. The drinks are very watered down and yes u do need to go up ur self from 10pm which is silly if u had a family ,,,Pool always seemed cleaned but I guess because nobody was ever init .. Sun lounges there was loads but I guess this was because it was late oct. So Yes a cheap hoilday but turned into a very dear one with eating out and drinking out , So I would save ur money and book somewhere else and pay the lil extra for it I wish I had ! This is just my experience in this hotel and im just trying to be honest as poss … Also booking late Room don’t bother £30 for a extra 4 hours and then while we was here some people was saying they had paid less or more and some people was aloud there room til 6 I just feel like that hotel runnied our holiday and I would NEVER go back even if someone said I could go for free … To be brunt and treated like dirt no thank you also … if u get sent to the bottom rooms in the clubrooms do not leave ur door open we had cats come in and out the room all the time trying to lay on the bed and when picking them up they was trying to attack you ! I Have no idea where these people booked there holiday but mine was not that cheap and I defo did not get what I paid for !!! So all in all stay away from this place !”

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Helen L
nottingham england
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I felt i had to write a review it was that bad!!!
From when we arrived the porter took us to our room and asked for money and stood and waited,what a check.i always tip but you shouldnt be asked for it.
The room was clean, had a fridge,free air con,had to pay for the safe which was £35 pounds for 2 weeks.the balcony was only big enough to stand on,couldnt get a chair on it.you would need to take a kettle if you want hot drinks in your room.
Round the pool was kept clean and tidy.on our first day "ozzy" came to speak to us trying to sell a turksih bath and massage,we didnt have couse you can get cheaper out side.after that he didnt speak.all hi did was walk round or sit around smoking as did alot of the staff.
Talking of the staff as other people have said they were the most miserable i have ever known.apart from when they new you was going home then they were all smiles ,think they thought they would get tips ,one thing that got alot of people angery was mehmet the resturant manager,got is staff to move other peoples towels of there sun beds so he could save sunbeds for 3 girls who he liked,sorry this was so bad.as a manager he should lead by example!!!
While i was there i was very ill and nearliy ended up in hospiltal ,as agian were mant people at the same time.i put this down to the food,it was served luke warm,had to see the hotel docter,i had to write a report with the thomson rep luke.i was ill for 7 days out of 14 days of my holiday.the rest of the time we eat out as i didnt trust the hotel.i am not a fussy eater at all and i struggled even at breakfast.they did fried eggs2 mornings i have never seen any thing like it you couldnt eat them thsy were awfull.eat at the windmill,red dragon,gumbet house was our fav.
The entertainment,WHAT enterainment they sat round smoking or playing batgamion.the night time was that bad we went out.this was also due to them not having enough seating at night time for every body,some people having to sit on sun beds!!
I have been going to turkey for 16 years and this is the worst holiday i have ever had.i have never had to write a bad review before,but felt i had to,dont waste your money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank alisonhartley
London
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent a week at the Shark Club Hotel from 10th October. We had read previous reviews and were willing to make up our own mind and provide a review after our stay.

We were given a room which overlooked and was level to the bar seating area and had the smallest balcony ever which was not wide enough to fit a chair on (this appeared to be what a lot of rooms had). In the evening it was noisy with no privacy. Next day we requested a move and were given a room with a sea view with a decent sized shared balcony. The front facing rooms encounter a bit of noise from Bar Street at night but this was all but silenced by closing the patio doors.

Aircon was free and a safe was available for 20 euros a week. Beach towels could be rented for 5 euros. There is a very small shop by the pool selling essentials. Wifi was free. Fridge & tv in rooms. Hairdryer in bathroom. Take a kettle if you want a decent cuppa in your room.

I agree with some points from other reviews that the hotel and rooms are very clean however the majority of the staff seemed fed up and rather miserable. As it was quite late in the season, sunbeds were always available however there was no daytime entertainment and evening entertainment consisted of an act for 20 minutes. Local alcoholic and soft drinks are free from 10am until 11pm but quality is poor and we couldn't understand the 1 drink per person rule after 10pm as it created a queue. Food was poor. There was not much variety and was luke-warm at best. Even workers outside restaurants in Bar Street would say 'chicken' when they saw our hotel wristbands. We ate out just about all of the time as prices are so cheap and menus so varied. There was a chap from the Shanghai Restaurant walking around the hotel drumming up business so that's got to say something about the hotel food. We would recommend The Parrot, Uncle Festers and the Windmill. Check out Chico's for cocktails.

The pool is rather small and there is a childrens pool but this is right next to the outdoor seating area so is subject to cigarette smoke. There was no childrens play area. If you wanted to relax away from the pool, there is the roof terrace on top of the main building however we recommend that this area should be adults only as the walls and railings were quite low.

All in all, a reasonable hotel which could be easily made so much better with a more varied menu with hot food, getting rid of the 1 drink at 10pm rule and better quality drinks. We would return to Gumbet, but unless improvements were made, not to the Shark Club hotel.

Room Tip: Best rooms at front with sea view.
3 Thank AdeH1964
london
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just got back from 8 days in Gumbet staying at the Shark Club as a couple and i have to say i think some of the reviews on here are very unfair and fussy. You get what you pay for and I think a little bit more.

First thing i noticed on arrival was how clean it was, we were quickly shown to our rooms and weren't asked for a tip which surprised me.

The room was spacious and very clean, amenities included massive bed, hairdryer, TV, Air con, bathroom with excellent shower, 2 x drawers, wardrobe (with only 3 coat hangers!), lots of mirrors and plug sockets etc etc. No complaints about the room apart from its location in the hotel, our "balcony" was right near the bar which had bloody awful evening entertainment, and very loud music which wasnt ideal if we wanted an early night...it finished around 11pm though so wasnt too bad.

The safe was about 51TL for the week i think, not too bad but we realised we really could have just worked it out ourselves and not paid for it...doh.

AWFUL wifi at peak times, it worked ok late at night/very early morning, otherwise it was beyond poor. Do not expect to be able to check emails frequently/check in with work at this hotel. But then again, it is supposed to be a holiday!

The food i was absolutely dreading after reading all the reviews on here but i was pleasantly surprised. I am not sure what people expect when they are in a different country and at a pretty cheap hotel all inclusive, but i would say this is the best food ive experienced at an AI. Mainly things like chicken, turkey, meatballs, fish, chips, wedges, LOTS of salad/coleslaw/pasta etc, pretty good for any vegetarians! Breakfast wasn't as good but if you cant be without a traditional english fry up for a few days then stay at home. They had lots of cereal, salads, toast and jams, and boiled eggs!

Its good to mix things up and eat out though, i highly recommend The Windmill, which was just a few metres down the road on the way to the strip.

I didnt really drink that much at the hotel, the vodka i had was nice enough, as was the beer, the wine i didnt rate much!

The pool was FREEZING but very clean and enjoyable once you were used to it! Would be good if they could whack it up by a few degrees though. No problem finding sunbeds, but it is October!

The reception staff were very helpful and polite apart from one, so much so we avoided asking reception for anything if they were working that shift. The other general staff seemed ok, not very interested in us to be honest but helpful enough when asked. I think there was a bit of a language barrier! "Ozzy" was friendly on the first day but then seemed a bit pissed off when we never turned up for a Turkish bath from him. £25 seemed expensive for one when there are special trips you can do for cheaper! Some excursion places were even offering them for free when you booked another trip.

The location of the hotel was excellent, gorgeous beach about 5 mins walk away with loads of bars and sun loungers which you can use if you buy a drink. Amazing to be lounging in the sun whilst being brought very reasonably priced ice cold beers and pina coladas! Swimming in the sea was a lot of fun and probably warmer than the pool!

We walked to Bodrum Castle and the Mausoleum one day which took about 1.5 hours, the cab back was about £5.

The hotel is very close to bar strip, we went out a couple of times which was good fun, about a fiver for a vodka coke at the dance-type clubs but its free pour so you probably get more than you would in UK. Its true when people say you can't hear the strip from the hotel, weird but you really cant.

Its practically end of season now, so it wasn't too crowded but just crowded enough not to feel silly if you fancied a dance.

Overall a fantastic holiday and an excellent hotel (except the wifi) for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the bar/pool if you don't want noise.
2 Thank Diana M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Royal Asarlik Beach
Royal Asarlik Beach
#8 of 99 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,448 reviews

Been to Shark Club? Share your experiences!