“Good for the money”
Review of Shark Club

Shark Club
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

4 of us have just returned from a 12 night holiday. We had a good time- the hotel is clean, the rooms small but very nice and shower amazing. We had no problem with the food- I would definitely expect more variety from a 4 star but this hotel is definitely only a (good) 3 star. Memet the restaurant manager was lovely as were the waiters/bar staff- all worked really hard and with a smile. However, there were some aspects of the holiday that did spoil our experience a bit. On arrival, there was not a room available for us so we had to stay at a hotel down the road on our first night-we get the impression thus happens quite a bit and its pretty annoying. We also didn't like the "hassle" we got in the hotel from the man trying to get us to go to his restaurant (shanghais) and from Sergio the entertainment guy trying to get us to go out in bar street. Asking once is fine but every day gets really tiresome! All in all we did have fun (the alcohol was fine by the way so not sure what some of the complaints are about on here?) but there is def room for improvement. Outside of the hotel, bar street was fun but bars by the beach were cheaper. Peters place was great too!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth F

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm just back from 12 nights AI at this hotel and I had a great holiday. Having read previous reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel (I should know by now not to believe what people say!) but I don't have much in the way of bad things so I'll start with them...

Sergio - the 'entertainment' man - he wouldn't take no for an answer when insisting we go to Bar Street with him, then the next day he told me I'd agreed and called me a liar for not going!!! And then Dennis (the menace - by his own admission! No kidding there!!!) was a serious pain in the [--]!!! He will try any possible tactic to get you to his restaurant and will not take no for answer, when I told him he was too pushy he was very rude! These two would be no loss to the hotel whatsoever!!!

Now the good points...Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels left. The shower was AMAZING - optimum power shower!!! Mehmet was great and I hold him in high regards. The waiters and bar staff were brilliant too, 'Lucky Hand' was hilarious, even if I did get a little too much information!!! I had a Turkish bath/massage and I really enjoyed it, I would recommend it (even if they do see quite a lot of you!). The hotel was very clean (they were always cleaning/mopping/removing ashtrays and empty cups etc). The food, although a little repetative, was fine for me - there was always something to eat (you would have to be overly fussy not to find something). The pool area was very clean, there aren't loads of sunbeds so you do have to get up early to reserve them - not a problem for me as I'm up early anyway. It's not so good for those who reserve their loungers then don't use them at all - very unfair!

Bar Street starts less than a 5min walk from the hotel, yet you would never know as you don't hear any of the noise at all. It's good to go out there, explore the different areas as one part of it is like Blackpool with lots of hassle, another area is fine and they take no for an answer (eventually!). Some of the bars are very expensive yet some are not. Smiley's Bar is good for a late drink - you have to be un-prudish though and that will make perfect sense if you go there. Peter's Place done a fantastic meal (Jengus and his wife know their stuff and could not have been nicer), as did the Windmill Restaurant if you fancy a change of scenery and a nice meal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kath J
Reviewed October 3, 2013

just back from this hotel after 2 week stay from 5th sept to 19th sept. the staff were very friendly and helpful although there English was not to good. Rooms were spotless and very bright and modern .very close to bar street but noise wasn't a problem. need up early to get sunbed. pool opens at 7am.resturant clean food lovely but variation lets it down very repetitive. my biggest moan was where the kids pool was it was right next to restaurant which meant that area was always wet (which was not kids fault) but it was being constantly being mopped which was a full time job. over all we had a great stay and would go back if they sort out the food issue. jackie & frank scotland

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frajac2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 2nd September for a week, holiday is in the perfect location very close to the main strip, don't seem to hear any of the noise though!

Food was basic and same most days but always something to eat! Pool area is lovely however you have to be up early to get a sun bed!

Kelly & Ozzy were lovely, really friendly! Turkish bath was amazing too! Sergio however is the rudest Man I have ever met, very intimidating! Shouting at his staff round the pool.. One word.. Bully! His wife was lovely though!

Rooms were kept nice and clean. Lovely hotel and would Defo go back as long as Sergio wasn't there!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jode94
Reviewed September 24, 2013

i thought i would write a review for wheelchair needs as no one else has...i give this hotel 10 out of 10 if you have to use one as it make makes movement so easy with large elevators,automatic doors and ramps everywhere.....outside on the streets is doo- able but very hilly and cobbled roads and 12" drops off kerbs,so if not a fit pusher tuff .loved the hotel but like everyone says the bar is below par with the vodka etc which to say is local brew should pour it out like its going out of fashion but dont...food slightly repeptitive but cooked to perfection (put on 6 lbs)...would def go again but not with them cobbled streets which is not hotels fault....booze is so cheap you can always buy a btl of vodka etc form local market and take to pool if so desired and top up your own drinks and life is good.....weather was 30s every day and loved it....

Room Tip: if you get a room below pool level MOVE....Damn unlucky cos rest are good......
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank siesta89
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just came back from week stay at this hotel, great hotel, great location, great staff but the food lets this hotel down. We had chicken every day cooked in different ways for lunch and dinner. One day the menu was the same for both meals. I would go back to this hotel if I was guaranteed that the food issue had bee sorted. Some guests even sent out for a McDonald's take away one night so that should tell the hotel something

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room or room situated over dining room you will get a terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at club shark for 10 days me and my boyfriend on arrival we felt rushed to fill in a form and get our bands on and then we were lead to our room by a member of staff (who was basically running us to our room) and once we were in quick point to everything and then had the cheek to wait on a tip of course I gave him one was a bit awkward not too.

Room : the room was lovely apart from the view of a wall there was a small bit of tiles at the doors that I suppose you were ment to sit in a a balcony idea but it was dirty and too small and it was that or dirt you were to sit on, if the area was at least tiled all over and clean we would of used it. The rim of the shower base looked dirty I tried cleaning it but it wouldn't move so but just need a freshing up overall the rooms are lovely and the fact you get free tv and air con is a plus.

Staff : all staff are great always there to help And they are always cleaning !! The animation team Victoria and Sergio are a great laugh really nice people talk to you about anything they help make your stay with games and banter. Ozzy and his friend that does the Turkish bath were really nice especially his friend who done the Turkish bath he was a real gent and very professional.

Food: now I am not a fussy eater as you can tell from my size 16 clothes and big bum but the food really isn't the greatest for a britsh person really catered Turkish and German tastes was really gutted but if you are eating out the windmill and peters place are the best and soooo yummy !

Pool area : Decent size nice pool but the whole up at 6.50 for a decent sunbed is a joke !! Your on holiday people sleep in and then get a sunbed.

Overall the hotel is a lovely hotel just the food and our view that put a damper on it but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: September 2013