Nagi Beach Hotel
$35
$40
$40
Hotels.com
Queen Resort Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
$34
$144
$111
$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are basicbar streetnext yearbeach frontnoisy at nighthalf boardroom was cleaned everydaybaba hotelfresh towelsbar staffbars and clubsthe main stripnice guyevery other dayfantastic holidaysaladsunbeds
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just come back 30th August 2013 and what a great hotel it was. After reading a lot of reviews on here that wasn't much good I was hesitant in staying here, but I was so glad I kept my choice of hotel at nagi beach. Ok the rooms are basic but very clean with clean sheets and towles everyday, it has a great size bathroom. We had a room on facing the sea which was quite at night after 1am. Air con only cost 4 lira a day which is just over a £1. Pool was a good size and plenty of sun loingrrs even after 10am. Staff was excellent made me and my mum laugh everyday, couldn't do enough for u and was always polite and English good. Breakfast was good, omelets,pancakes, fried egg, toasts etc. Restaurant in the evening was good right on the beach and you get 15% discount as staying in the nagi beach. Ideal location as hotel is right next to the beach and also front of hotel you have your shops, restaurants and bar especially mymoon and the brothers bar. Stayed in many hotels on gumbet but I can honestly say nagi beach is one I would 100% go back too and looking to book for 2014 there.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This was the second year running for my daughter and i to stay here . This time my 77 year old mother came also! We are not in a position to fork out for holidays abroad but again could scrape enough up
For this place as fantastic value if on a budget!! Right on the beach ! Rooms are small and very basic! Waited on all day on the beach too! In the past i have stayed in 5 star hotels however never got this service on the beach! If u want to be right on the beach with restaurants all around you and have a small budget! Then this is definitely the place!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Wong201
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Nagi was as we expected basic and in an ideal location. We found the breakfast very nice but did not use the restaurant at night. Had we not been pestered around the pool and every time we went for a stroll on the promenade we might have chosen to eat there! We found the staff quite unfriendly and only interested in selling drinks and snacks. It was difficult to get them to understand what you wanted as their english was so poor and they seemed to think even if they got your order wrong you would drink it. Gumbet is very busy and has a lovely atmosphere. A visit to Bodrum is easy as the bus stops right outside the hotel. Would we go to Gumbet again? Yes, would we go to the Nagi Hotel? No - unless the staff were to treat you like a guest and not a way of making money!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaq a
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to Gumbet 9 times now and stayed in 5 different hotels and this I feel was the best! The rooms were nice. Very clean and the air conditioning was brilliant! For me they were perfect however, if you like to sit on the balcony there are different rooms that have balconies so if you don't have one just ask to be moved, the reception staff were very friendly and I believe they would accommodate you immediately. The cleaning staff were also very friendly and always did a great job with the rooms. Music at the pool is great and really gets you in the holiday mood! Now on to the most amazing part.. The location! This hotel has the best location in the whole of Gumbet! You walk out one end of the hotel and you are at your swimming pool, walk a few steps from there and you are straight onto the beautiful beach! feel like chopping and changing between the pool and the beach? its a few seconds walk! You walk out the other end of this hotel and you are straight onto bar street! you have a big market straight facing you if you need any drinks, clothing, souvenirs etc. Further up or down the street is bars and restaurants and if you turn left of the hotel and walk up the road you are straight in bar street! EVERYTHING is around this hotel! Also I would go up bar street with friends and as all mums, they worry, so my mum likes that the hotel is very center and you don't have to walk down any dark paths alone as it is only a few meters from bar street. Caspers facing the hotel is a lovely place to eat! If you are at the swimming pool there is an ice cream stand to your right.. my friend Seref works here and sells the most beautifulest ice-cream and it is a must-try! Also I'd like to add that I am 18 years of age and travel with my mum who is 50 and my granny and granda who are 70. Therefore both this hotel and Gumbet are suitable for all ages and me and my family all enjoy ourselves thoroughly! While I'm here reviewing this hotel I might as well recommend restaurants and bars to go to.. Columbia restaurant is the best restaurant I have ever been to in my entire life! I love my food so I definitely know what I am talking about! The steak is to die for! Caspers (as I mentioned above) is lovely for food also but the best is their English Breakfast in the morning for only 5 LIRA! Where would you get a full English for £1.75! The Mistral is also lovely and quite similar to the Columbia. Jack's Place is also nice for food but we did wait quite long for our meal but honest it was worth it! Pete's place was also beautiful and it was my granny and granda's favourite place but the meals are quite small but so delicious! Denny's does a beautiful lunch, you will find it along the beach! + if you need directions anywhere ask any of the Turkish people, they would be glad to help as they are the most friendliest people I have ever met! A lot of people refuse to go on holiday to Turkey because they hear stories like "they hassle young girls, they hassle you on the street etc." I will tell you from 7 years of experience.. I have went to Gumbet all through my teenage years and I am now 18 and I have never had any problems with the Turkish guys. Yes, they flirt and whatnot and may ask you out etc. but you see if you say 'no' thats it! they don't bother you anymore.. I love the "I have a boyfriend" excuse, its one of my favourites haha.. If you don't want to be heartbroken don't fall for them! Its okay to go out with them for a bit of fun and a laugh but do not get attached! It will usually end in heartbreak.. especially if you are young and go for the younger boys who don't want anything serious! Anyways, me and my mum just banter with them and have the best fun.. if it wasn't for the people we wouldn't enjoy ourselves so much! I am heading back to Gumbet for the third time in 10 days and the reason I can't wait to go back is because of my Turkish friends. It literally takes about 3 months for withdrawal symptoms to ease up! As for the hassling on the street, yet again, a simple 'no thank you' and walk on, I see some people just snubbing them and to be honest it is completely rude and not necessary. At most they will give you a card for their restaurant with a great deal such as 20% off or free cocktails, hell maybe both! they are very generous people and love to keep us tourists happy! For the bars, I love My Moon and Smileys.. Babylon is also a nice place to go! Also The No Name Bar has the most to-die-for cocktails you'll ever come across! the barman pirate is wanted all over Gumbet as he is known so well for his amazing cocktails! Everyone likes different places so be like me try all the bars and find your own favourites! They are all fantastic! If you have any questions about Gumbet feel free to message me as I know the place like the back of my hand and could give you plenty of helpful information!

Room Tip: My room was right as you walked out the reception door so if you were a partier like me these rooms might suit as you don't have to drunkly walk around the hotel haha!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Emma F
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I couldn’t fault this hotel. Location wise its perfect being right on the beach and on the bottom end of ‘bar street’ for nightlife. The price for 1 weeks use of air conditioning and a safety deposit box was 56TL which seemed reasonable. My room was on the lower level and was very quiet even when the surrounding bars were in full blast. If you are given a choice over the rooms I recommend asking for one on the lower (pool) level also. The rooms are reasonably sized and cleaned every day with fresh bedding and towels. Staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming without being pushy. The entire hotel complex including the pool is meticulously cleaned every day by the many hard working staff. There were always sunbeds available by the pool and beach and I was there in mid August which is high season. There didn’t seem to be culture of people reserving beds early in the morning which is common in some places. Guests at the hotel were an even mix of British, Turkish and other Northern European countries. In the evenings an area of the beach is cleared of sunbeds and umbrellas and they set up their ‘Daisy Restaurant’ which is a lovely spot to eat dinner next to the sea. Prices in the restaurant are reasonable; I had a fresh Sea Bass meal with chips and salad for 18TL. Breakfast is a Turkish style buffet which was good quality and you can ask the kitchen to make you various omelettes free of charge, which is a nice touch. The breakfast also included fresh fruit such as watermelon and had a selection of traditional cereals for some of the more fussy customers. The pool and beach area benefits from free wifi which is very handy. However the wifi does not extend to the rooms. Bar prices were OK with a pint of Efes at 8TL. You can find this cheaper at some bars in town (not the clubs which are more expensive) but not on the beach. Nagi Beach Hotel hosts regular evening entertainment events at the bar such as Turkish night featuring traditional Turkish music and dancing including a beautiful belly dancer. A guy I met at the hotel lost his room key and had to have the locks changed; they charged him 30TL for this which I thought was a very fair and reasonable price. Some hotels would have taken advantage of this and charged a LOT more. Gumbet itself is a tacky place full of open air nightclubs one after the other with Neon lights and lasers which compete with each other by blasting their music louder and louder. Earplugs are recommended with a visit to bar street if you don’t want ringing in your ears the next day. The beach is clean and nice enough with almost sand however nicer beaches are a short drive away such as Akyarlar. Bodrum main town is a very short drive or dolmus (local minibus) ride away and is well worth a visit to experience a more sophisticated atmosphere and feeling of culture that Gumbet lacks. As a single guy traveller the Turkish guys working in the bars and clubs have a strange attitude towards you if you approach girls and many clubs will not let you in without a girl. Overall Nagi Beach Hotel was excellent; however I would not come back to Gumbet again without a lady.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower (pool) level are quiter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo