“Brilliant!”
Review of Lotus - CLOSED

Lotus
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New This Season.
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A quieter ambience than some of the other places nearby but the evening was just lovely. Food was yummy and reasonably priced - I had a pizza and it was better than what you would get back home! Cocktails very good and at 6 lira during happy hour (which seemed to go on all night!!) a total bargain. Staff lovely and couldn't do enough to help - especially Ozzy. Brilliant place, will definitely go again!

There are newer reviews for Lotus

Reviewed February 23, 2012

i didnt dislike any thing it was a fantastic i really liked it there when i wasngoing home i felt like crying it was so nice

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The service and food were very good at the Lotus I opted for chinese, potions sizes were very good and prices very reasonable would go again

Reviewed October 27, 2011

must have been the only place where you can have a conversation and have decent food. staff were conscious of visitors wants, such as putting on heaters, turning down volume for football etc,

1  Thank Ge0MacG
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We ate at the Lotus on our first night on a return trip to Gumbet. My 19 month old daughter was with me and they gave me the filthiest high chair for her to sit in then cleaned it with a few of the wet wipes they give you after the meal.The starters were disgusting, I ordered a prawn cocktail and they looked like they had been dished up in the fridge for weeks. They were stingy with the prawns, cutting them in half to make it look like there were more and the salad comprised of lettuce. I ordered fajitas for my main, and rice for my daughter. My mum and sister ordered chinese meals. The main meals took an age to come and when they did come were nothing to write home about. The staff were fairly rude just plonking things down on the table and trying to sit chatting to us while we were eating which I find rude, they should leave all that until you have finished and then only sit by invitation. The main meals tasted old, my sister had one spoonful of what was supposed to be beef in black bean sauce and turned green. The egg fried rice was boiled rice with a bit of scrambled egg in and some frozen veg which was still cold. Just plain nasty. And the price was shocking for the stuff that they served.

They couldn't make anything on their drinks menu as they had nothing, fair enough as it was approaching the end of season, but they actually served watered down baileys to myself and my mum. They whole experience was a joke and I became ill the next night and I cannot be sure whether it was the restaurant but if I had been at home environmental health would have been called.