“wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Rochester, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

stayed for 1 fabulous week october 7th - 14th. 2013 what a brilliant holiday. My husband and i had a bungalow, huge bedroom could fit 3 in, shower nice and big.The whole of the complex was spotless not a piece of paper anywhere.The food was excellent lots of choices, great customer services, the staff couldnt do enough for you.The buggies were great fun, due to the steep climb you picked up the phone and within a minute they were there to take you down.The weather was kind to us, a couple of days sunny 25 then the rest was 30 - 31 degrees wonderful. I would like to say a special thank you to kurbra and hakan the beach bar staff thaey were brilliant, although they didnt speak english very well, we had great fun laughing at the loss in translation. A great holiday all round, sad to leave.

Room Tip: Bungalows great views, and large balcony with table and chairs. quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear “Jackie446”,

We were very pleased to read your positive review full with lovely and eulogistic words, especially addressed to our personal – Thank you so much. It is really nice to hear that you was feeling very comfortable at Voyage Türkbükü and could enjoy a fabulous week with us. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Derya Yudulmaz CRM Support

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week in October, we were a party of 5 adults.

This hotel is located on a fairly steep hill in a small valley leading down to a beachless bay. Whilst beachless there is a pier and decked prom. The Hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the small resort of Turkbuku.

We had two 2 bed villas located at the highest level of the complex adjacent to the swimming pool. Reception, main "beach" bar and restaurant are located at the other end on the complex down a steep hill. Even though a buggy service is provided, I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with mobility issues. The buggy service was unavailable when we needed it most.

The villas are spacious, clean and airy, only a couple of comfortable chairs would could have improved the facilities. There are patio chairs but nothing in the bedrooms/lounge area.

The swimming pool is large with 3 feature flumes and there is a kiddies pool also. A lifeguard is on hand when the flumes are running, which is all but a few hours a day. We saw him help a couple of people who were unprepared for the dunking at the end of the slides, so top marks to him. The toilets, bar, food and facilities are all good at the pool.

The reception area is spacious and comfortable with a sometimes abrupt receptionist, perhaps it's a stressful job? Downstairs there is a slow(ish) service bar with too few staff in the evenings, and a patisserie which also serves ice cream.

Right on the sea front is the "beach" bar which is large and well staffed, plenty of comfortable seating. This area hosts the evening get togethers. All the bars serve branded beers and spirits and all attempt most of the cocktails on the bar list. There is a tendency to overfill the alcohol in the cocktails as the staff think they are doing you a favour !

The main restaurant is large and spacious with a terrace dining area. There are so many food choices at each meal time it can take several minutes to understand what is actually on offer. The cuisine is not English or western European, it is Turkish/international which we thought was truly excellent and one of this hotels best features. Couple this with efficient and friendly staff and dining was always a great experience. With good quality wine we could spend well in excess of an hour over lunch or dinner.

We also ate the Turkish and Seafood restaurants and the Seafood meal was outstanding, we probably preferred the main restaurant's buffet to the Turkish A La Carte

To conclude I think you would be hard pressed to find a better value ultra AI resort in Turkey or indeed Europe.

Yes, the staff have limited English skills, the food is not English, English guests are not in the majority and all of this make the experience all the better for it.

Well done Voyage Turkbuku, we enjoyed or stay at your quality resort.

Room Tip: Villas are spacious but on higher levels, villas in 4000's are closer to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank IZWIZBIZ
Dear “IZWIZBIZ”,

Thank you so much for encouraging and motivating us with your warm words. We are really pleased to hear that we could impress you with our service and gastronomy and that you had a great time and enjoyed your holiday at Voyage Türkbükü. Thank you once again for your thoughtful feedback and the recommendation, which makes us more than happy. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back at our hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great stay at this brilliant hotel.
We stayed here as a husband and wife with 3 month old.
The hotel was very baby friendly, well designed, modern, well staffed with good customer service, very good food and spotless in every respect.

Having not done all inclusive before, we were weary of bad food, bad drinks and annoying people - I am pleased to say the Voyage had none of this.

I read tripadvisor extensively before going - there is a reason why this place has a strong rating on the food - it is very good - with a great selection of mostly local food - vegetarians (of which I am not,) would be very happy here.
The meet and fish selection too was great.

I will break the review into sections :

The room
I booked a standard room, with a view to upgrading when I arrived. The standard room was very small, with a 1 person balcony and would have ruined my holiday if i had to stay in it.
Pokey, noisey re music from beach bar - well appointed by wouldnt have wanted to spend any time in it.
Upon arrival for the cost of 100 pounds we upgraded to a standard garden villa. - What a difference this made. It was effectively a suite, with a large baclony, in a beautiful setting - it is soooo worth it. Bed firm but comfortable - drinks in fridge, great aircon, very modern / great bathroom - they provided a travel cot and baby bath.

Check out
We got picked up from teh hotel at 10pm : Extented check to keep the room from 12pm to 10pm cost us 50 pounds. If i had been smart, I would have negotiated that in when I upgraded my room. So there is a top tip for you guys!!!

Main Restaurant :
Breakfast : Great : egg station making great eggs any ways up : great sea view : high standard and new seating area. selection included fresh fruit, honey, massive selction of cheeses, very good freshly baked bread selection, salads and cereals. Small selection of meats available.
The coffee however is mega crap. It all comes from a machine and so was the only dissapointing element.

Lunch:
3 Options
Pool restaurant : burgers, pizzas, kebabs, salads : very nice
Beach restaurant : as above very good
Main restaurant : Fantastic - huge selection of salads, meets (cooked), cheese and fruits

Diner : A la carte restaurants
So the way it works here is you get there, you sit, they bring 7or8 mezze dishes which were all lovely, you order your main course from a choice of 4 dishes then they bring you a selection of deserts. I prefered the meat restaurant, my wife preferred the fish place. The food was good and enviroments was also very nice.
Meat Restaurant
Fish Restaurant

My tip would be if you are going to eat dinner in the main restaurant, try not to have lunch there as there is a degree of repitition.

3 meals a day in the same room would drive me a bit mad - but thats just me.

Beach / Pool
The pool was very chilled, the slides were fun - they do pump out turkish house music all day ....
Beach and pier - both very nice - although many beds quite close together - not a problem when we were there as hotel was not super full.

Things to do outisde the hotel - Bodrum - nothing much there : you can go and buy imitation clothing there Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Hollister etc Good quality but Bodrum bit of a karzi!!

Top tip go visit Yalikavak - 20 minutes away - delightful little marina and loads of resataurants.
We loved it.
Also went to Turkbuku for dinner - careful here dinner for 2 cost 70 pounds - it is known to be very expensive - it wasnt worth the money - we ate much better for half the price in Yalikavak.

First Choice Rep : Clueless. In her own words. I only know about Bodrum. Great !!!
Hotel reception / concierge : not much better and poor English : Not their fault as we are in their county and mainly the guest are Turkish. Very nice Turkish people.
The mix on the whole was a light sprinkling of Brits, NW Europeans and Turkish.

Great value / recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Scotttennerman
Dear “Scotttennerman”,

We were very pleased to read your positive review and glad to know that you have had a great time at Voyage Türkbükü. Thank you so much for sharing your nice review with us and for calling our hotel “brilliant”. We are proud that we could impress you with our facilities, service and gastronomy, which motivate us even more than before. Our sincerest gratitude again for choosing Voyage Türkbükü. Looking forward to see you again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed the 1st week Oct 2013. The weather was not the best at the beginning of the week, but some would say it was quite exciting conditions!

The hotel was very nice, with good design details, clean, tidy, with great meals and drinks included all in the price. The staff really nice and helpful and could not do enough for you. The grounds were lovely with mature trees, flowers, bushes and wild life, but with a few hills to negotiate from the reception to the rooms further up the hill. Golf cars are available for anyone if you require a shuttle from room to reception etc.

The only shortcomings were the night entertainment - somewhat lacking esp. when weather bad and needed cheering up during the day and evenings! Although the day we departed, all became normal again, so only a temporary thing I would say. Noise of guests moving about in the apartments above or below and limited things to do immediately outside the hotel.

The local harbour and sea village Turkbuku is within 15 to 20 mins walk down the hill and worth a walk to see. We saw plenty of wildlife, birds, fish and even tortoises on the way! Bodrum town only a short cheap bus ride from the Hotel main security gate. Bodrum has certainly cleared up its act since my last visit some 20 years ago and would go again.

Overall very happy despite the weather. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach bar may be noisy. Rooms away from main reception are set in nice grounds a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Mark186220”,

Thank you a lot for your positive Feedback and your warm words, addressed to our personal. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Voyage Türkbükü. It would be a pleasure for us to see and serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the Voyage Turkbuku from 14th- 23rd September with my partner and we had the most fantastic holiday. I am someone who reads countless reviews before I go away anywhere and after 2 full months of research I decided on this hotel.
Even before we arrived I knew I had made the right choice, it was my partners birthday on the day of arrival and so I emailed in advance to ask if there was anything special they could do.
When we arrived our room was decorated with balloons, towel work, roses, rose petals scattered on the bed, wine and a fruit basket - we were blown away! They also organised for a singer who was on that night to sing happy birthday to my partner while they brought us a birthday cake at the beach bar! Nothing was too much trouble and I really have to thank Meltern the guest relations manager for everything she did for us.

I could go on for ages about all the things we loved, but I'll sum it up in bullet points to make it quicker:

*Excellent room location - we stayed in room 3162 which was right by the pool and only a few minute walk down to reception and a few more to the main restaurant. If you aren't a walker the buggy carts were always around if you don't mind sometimes waiting.
*The room - the room itself was fantastic. I paid extra for a villa/bungalow room on booking as I'd read from previous reviewers that this was well worth it - it was, it was fab, and you should upgrade too. Fully stocked fridge and water and other drinks were replaced daily. We ended up having a 2 bed villa even though we only needed one bedroom, and it was gorgeous, great to store suitcases etc and nice being on the upper floor and sit out on the balcony.
* All inclusive branded drinks: extensive drinks menu with excellent cocktails (they also made me cocktails that weren't on the menu) Very happy!
* Food - Breakfast: Yummy. Omelettes/fried eggs cooked to order, potatoes, fresh breads from the onsite bakery, cheeses, hams, waffles, pancakes, tomatoes, cereals, so much to choose from.
Lunch: You can choose to have pizza cooked to order at the pool dining area which was very nice along with other dishes, the main restaurant has a full buffet and just under the restaurant there is a beach snack bar which do a mcdonalds style burger meal (that was ok, although not as good as the other food I had) plus other snacky things.
Dinner: The food was of a very high quality, we particularly enjoyed the fresh section where the chefs cook the food in front of you, this was all lovely and tasted delicious - meats, fish, a pasta dish, pittas, chips etc, there was always lots of choice. The other food is served in buffet style trays. Like many before me it is true that the food from these trays can be luke warm, that did not bother me too much as I mainly had vegetables from this section, we realised the trick to eating any good buffet is to watch out for a fresh batch as it replaces the old one.

Obviously when you are staying all inclusive the food can seem repetitive, it is inevitable, I suppose the trick is to find something different each night. We didn't try the free a la carte restaurants as we were happy with the buffet.

*Entertainment: The only places to go in the hotel at are the small indoor bar or the beach bar outside. We went to the beach bar every night and enjoyed relaxing there, catching up with our friends via the free wifi, and chilling out. The entertainment was quite limited but varied. There was a DJ, live singers, string quartet, and my favourites were the two dance groups - they were fantastic. If you like a night of karaoke, quizzing and competitions then this isn't how it is at the Voyage. However if you are happy enough with your holiday buddy many hours can be spent chatting the night away.
*Ice creams: Unlimited, delicious, different flavours of Carte D'or from the beach snack bar or branded magnums/cornettos/ice lollys etc from the bakery.
*Sunloungers - always plenty to choose from and we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get one.
*Holidaying mid Sept: Great time of year to come as the hotel isn't packed and the weather is fab
*Everything else: Great staff, so helpful and friendly and I loved how clean the hotel was, the public toilets were immaculate!
*Daytrips - we did Ephesus through dosomethingdifferent.com, Ephesus is fantastic, we weren't particularly happy with the tour provider although they were loads cheaper then Thomas Cook £32 vs £52. We also caught the Dolmus from outside the hotel to Bodrum, it costs 7 lira to get to Bodrum (about £2) and takes about 30 minutes. We had a great day and loved exploring the castle and museum of Underwater Archaeology well worth the cheap entry fee (20 Lira).

I hope this has helped and to sum up this hotel is well worth booking, good value for money and somewhere I'd go back to... if I can start saving - maybe next year!!

Room Tip: Go for a villa/bungalow - much better then the rooms and really worth it. We had one right by the po...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rachel_Bing
Hertfordshire
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. We had a lovely 2 bedroom family villa room which was very clean & spacious and had a fantastic walk in wardrobe. The only down side is that we were situated in the furthest rooms away from the main hotel, bar & restaurant.The food in the main restaurant was excellent although a little repetative but there was a vast amount of choice and our waiter Tolga made sure we were well looked after. The A La Carte restaurants I was not overly impressed with. The food in the Turkish restaurant was not as good as was lead to believe and likewise with the Fish restaurant. We travelled the middle of August and had no problem with sunbeds on either the pontoon or beach. The pool area was very quiet. I will say that other than the beds on the pontoon which were really comfortable the others needed to be replaced they were the most uncomfortable beds I've ever been on and looked like they were on their last legs. The main problem area with this hotel is the main bar. It is the only place to go in the evenings and the service wasn't great. The entertainment was nothing to write home about and consisted every other day of DJ Mert who played very loud dance music in which you couldn't have a conversation with anyone as it was so loud, the other days consisted of singers & groups some good some not so. The drinks are all main brands which was good and they did have an extensive cocktail list. The ice creams again were all branded like Magnums & Calypo's & Carte D'or and there was a pattiserrie in the hotel lobby. My parents also stayed at the hotel the same time with us and they had an awful room , it was right next to the hotel bar and was absolutely tiny, there was no balcony there was a wall full of cracked tiles in bathroom and mould!! They travelled with First Choice and most of the First Choice clients seemed to be put in these rooms. We all had evening flights and we asked the day before & on the day if we could keep our room on for a few extra hours the receptionists were quite rude & unhelpful. They said that the hotel was full and couldn't even offer a courtesy room and we were told we would have to use the turkish baths to get showered & changed which wasn't really suitable. We went into Bodrum a few times on the Dolmus you can pick it up just outside the hotel security gates. It costs 7 lira eachway and takes about 35-40mins. If you are looking to book any trips book them in Bodrum it is far cheaper to book this way rather than with the holiday reps and they do come & collect you and drop off to the hotel. All in all not a bad hotel but not as luxurious as you would expect for a 5* Hotel.

Room Tip: Family villa rooms are lovely & spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CrazyDaizy10
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 10, 2013

As most of you know, Bodrum is a very touristic place that you have a lot of option in terms of hotels. I have stayed several different hotels but this one was the best. All inclusive so you can drink and eat as much as you want and anytime like most other option but usually after dinner time or between meals there is not much thing to eat except this hotel you can find food anytime but also delicious food. Employees are always smiley even at 2 am in the morning. Rooms are very clean. The massage therapist had training from Tibet and he is so good at it. We were supposed to check out at 12 and our plane was at 7pm so we have had a lot of time before we go to airport and they said we can hang out in the hotel for free and we can use all the facilities, including restaurants and bars. So overall I am positive that the money will be worth it.

Room Tip: The hotel is quiet there is no A/C unit noise or anything and very close to see, you can never be wr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
#7 of 18 in Golturkbuku
Vogue Bodrum
Vogue Bodrum
#3 of 23 in Torba

Been to Voyage Turkbuku? Share your experiences!