We just returned from Voyage Turkbuku which we booked from Thomson upon the recommendation of my sister in law in Turkey.We are originally from Turkey and live in London.We often go back to Turkey and therefore you would think that we should be immune to eating in Turkey.I in fact there are periods of the year I go very 3 weeks for business there and have never had any my tummy upset !Well that was not the case with Voyage Turkbuku.My wife got a diarrehea after the 2nd day which did not last until our return and had to stay in the room for most of the rest of the time.Me and our 19 months daughter was marginally better and managed to survive although our daughter stopped eating after the 3rd day after she got a light diarrahea.I did not get to the diarrehea stage but had my tummy upset although I tried to eat simple salads and grilled meat !
Clearly poor kitchen hygiene and cooking practices.The certification body for their Quality Systems needs to be audited as well !Being in Food business over 20 years I should have audited their HACCP system they claimed to have !
I would tend to agree with the comments of some of the reviews that the same food kept rotating every 3 days and all the starters in the cold buffet were the same everyday.Even a plain pasta that you would think should have cured my wife made her tummy worse !She recovered within the 2nd day from our arrival after eating the pasta made at our home !
To be fair on them they were very helpful on getting the medicines of my wife even at midnight 1 night !
Other than that the cleanliness of the rooms was good as opposed to some other reviews.
The rooms were rather small.We had a family suite which for us was the size of a standard room although the balcony was generous.
The room service was poor.It took us half an hour to convince the reception to send us a kettle with tea bags to cure my wife.In the end they sent us the kettle but could not source the tea bags.But to be fair they have exceptionally sent us a jug of tea with 1 waiter from the main restaurant.
Although the resort is built on a hill and access to the rooms is tiring if you leave on the 4th or the 5th level, the shuttle service between the reception and the rooms was very good.You could get a golf buggy to pick you from your room within the next few minutes after calling the reception
The sea was impeccable, but the beach was not child friendly as a result of the deck they built on the sandy beach which we never understood the reason for it.We would have preferred to have a direct access to the sea.
Overall pricey considering the quality of the food and poor activities !You could get much better value at this sort of price.We will for sure not come back as opposed to some of the reviewers !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyage Türkbükü is the ideal destination for guests to enjoy a fun packed holiday right by the Hebil Bay. This magnificent spot, where the deep blue of the Aegea meets the shores of the wonderful nature, is just 22 km from Bodrum's city. 200 rooms with Standard- and Bungalow roomtypes are available. Free Wi-Fi at the lobby and beach bar you can use also. At the private fine pebble beach with its own pier and sun beds you can enjoy every second of your holiday. You'll find everything you need to have the perfect holiday with your baby. With its 'smiling babies' concept, Voyage Türkbükü offers you unlimited facilities like pushchairs, baby carriers and baby beds. With its 'Ultra all inclusive' concept, Voyage Türkbükü offers its guests a countless package of fun activities. With different water slides, Dj-performances, live music shows and À la carte Restaurants you will have a unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Voyage Turkbuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyage Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Hotel Voyage Bodrum Village
- Voyage Bodrum Village Hotel
- Voyage Turkbuku Turkey/Golturkbuku