“Food terrible. Beware of Food Poisoning !”
Review of Voyage Turkbuku

Voyage Turkbuku
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We just returned from Voyage Turkbuku which we booked from Thomson upon the recommendation of my sister in law in Turkey.We are originally from Turkey and live in London.We often go back to Turkey and therefore you would think that we should be immune to eating in Turkey.I in fact there are periods of the year I go very 3 weeks for business there and have never had any my tummy upset !Well that was not the case with Voyage Turkbuku.My wife got a diarrehea after the 2nd day which did not last until our return and had to stay in the room for most of the rest of the time.Me and our 19 months daughter was marginally better and managed to survive although our daughter stopped eating after the 3rd day after she got a light diarrahea.I did not get to the diarrehea stage but had my tummy upset although I tried to eat simple salads and grilled meat !

Clearly poor kitchen hygiene and cooking practices.The certification body for their Quality Systems needs to be audited as well !Being in Food business over 20 years I should have audited their HACCP system they claimed to have !

I would tend to agree with the comments of some of the reviews that the same food kept rotating every 3 days and all the starters in the cold buffet were the same everyday.Even a plain pasta that you would think should have cured my wife made her tummy worse !She recovered within the 2nd day from our arrival after eating the pasta made at our home !

To be fair on them they were very helpful on getting the medicines of my wife even at midnight 1 night !

Other than that the cleanliness of the rooms was good as opposed to some other reviews.

The rooms were rather small.We had a family suite which for us was the size of a standard room although the balcony was generous.

The room service was poor.It took us half an hour to convince the reception to send us a kettle with tea bags to cure my wife.In the end they sent us the kettle but could not source the tea bags.But to be fair they have exceptionally sent us a jug of tea with 1 waiter from the main restaurant.

Although the resort is built on a hill and access to the rooms is tiring if you leave on the 4th or the 5th level, the shuttle service between the reception and the rooms was very good.You could get a golf buggy to pick you from your room within the next few minutes after calling the reception

The sea was impeccable, but the beach was not child friendly as a result of the deck they built on the sandy beach which we never understood the reason for it.We would have preferred to have a direct access to the sea.

Overall pricey considering the quality of the food and poor activities !You could get much better value at this sort of price.We will for sure not come back as opposed to some of the reviewers !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vittorio F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the Voyage Turkbuku for a week for our honeymoon. It was perfect, peaceful and the best all inclusive we have stayed at.

The choice of food and drinks was first class. When we arrived we had a dozen red roses and rose petals on our large double bed and wine and a fruit basket and robes and slippers as we were on honeymoon a lovely gesture.

The resort is hilly but they operate a 24 hour shuttle service direct to your villa. It is away from the resort centre of Bodrum but they operate an hourly bus service right out the entrance to the resort. This was the only negative thing I can say about the resort.

The staff were so friendly and attentative. They do expect to be tipped but as everything else is all inclusive that wasn't a problem. The cocktails are first class and have a lot to choose from.

If this is your first all inclusive holiday you will be absolutley thrilled - but not every all inclusive is like here - in fact this is the best all inclusive holiday I have ever been on.

I would defintely come back here and can't wait until we do!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lornashug
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have just returned from the Voyage Turkbuku and on the hwole it is one of the best resorts we have stayed in. Not only in Turkey, but including Greece, Cyprus and Spain as well.
The complex itself is built on a hill, so walking back to your room if you are on the 3rd, 4th or 5th level is out of the question in 35 degree heat. But to overcome this is probably the best part of the Hotel is the 'buggy boys' who take you anywhere you want to in the complex on golf buggies. They are always helpful and always willing to try and chat, but more about that later.
The rooms are excellent, which we had a two bed villa on level 4. One double bed room and a seperate room with two single beds and a walk in Wardobe. Each had its own wall mounted telly and was spotless clean and fresh from the moment we arrived to leaving two weeks later. Our wee cleaning lady was great every morning wishing us a 'Good evening, Good Morning'.
The beach is really good with no stones/pebbles at all in the water and fully desrves its blue flag. The sunbeds could do with either being replaced as some of them are getting tired and felt like you were lying on a toast rack sometimes. We usually had our beds on the pier which were excellent, but if you are not down there by 9.00am they will all be gone. Luckily enough I am not a late sleeper so no problem there. The pool at the top of the resort is quieter but again very clean excellent facilities and water rides.
I thought the food over the two weeks was an exceptional standard, bearing in mind that they served 3 meals a day to over 1,000 people at a time. The serving staff was very polite and attentitive, and always quick to clean up tables where people have left. The food itself was always piping hot, enough variation to keep everyone happy for the fortnight.

All in all an excellent resort which does cater mainly for the 'higher' end of the Turkish holiday makers from Istanbul and Izmir. At one stage I think we were the only Brits in the complex but that didnt bother me as everyone was very pleasant (plus i think someone mentioned this before, but not having Russians there was a bonus !!).

My only gripe is the location, as Golturkbuku is not where you can take a tourist stroll around. This hotel is not in Bodrum, a bit like Luton and Standstead is not in London. A 25 minute taxi will take you to Bodrum for around 40Euros.
To improve the hotel would be for the reception staff to expand thier grasp on the English language a bit more, if they intend on going for that market. Sometimes it was a bit 'hands in the air' trying to show someone what you need, but we go there in the end.

If you want a relaxing time with no outside distractions then this is your place. Suitable for a family with kids up to 12/13 years old, otherwise you may have older kids being really bored.

Room Tip: Go for a Villa on the hill.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AL1888
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I booked this with Thomsons as a last minute holiday to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we were really disappointed with the room we were put in when we first arrived as it was right next to the bar and only had a french balcony.(we weren't informed by Thomsons that it was a french balcony as we would never have booked this room as we like to sit outside our room in the evening rather than in the bars/lounges.
As we had arrived at 3 o clock in the morning we tried to get some sleep hoping to resolve the problem later on that day.
I had emailed guest services before arriving to ask what arrangements could be made to celebrate our anniversary so got in touch with Meltem again by email while we were in our room expressing our disappointment.
When we went to reception at 9am to ask to change rooms Meltem introduced herself and told us that we could change rooms when others had checked out later that day.
we were given a choice of 2 rooms (ground floor-not very nice views -as I have mobility problems, or upper floor family with lovely views ) and moved by 4pm. We were not charged extra for this(even though we would have paid to be upgraded)
The room we were moved to was at the top of the hill with lovely views from our balcony over the bay and well away from the beach bars and entertainment...even with my mobility problems we had no trouble getting back and fore from the room as there were golf buggys at all times to come and collect you and return you to anywhere you wanted to go on the resort.
huge thanks to Meltem for arranging this for us.
We were bowled over by all the staff working at this hotel who went over and above to make sure you were having a good experience.
The food here was very good for AI and we never went hungry the whole week we were here. We ate at the Turkish a la carte one night which was really nice and alternated between the main buffet and the pool for lunch and dinner.
Drinks were top shelf and served just how I like them....lots of ice.. and hubby enjoyed the efees beer on tap and in cans.
We never moved of the resort for the whole week as we came to recharge our batteries and have a rest, however we were disappointed to find that there is nowhere to walk by the sea/beach as the hotels have their own cordoned of piece of the waterfront around the bay.
This was my only gripe, apart from your usual sunbed baggers who would come down early in the morning to reserve beds on pier and not come and use them for 3 or 4 hours!
we had a lovely time here and would definitely return

Room Tip: ask for a room that has a full sized balcony you can sit out on
1  Thank scottishlassLondon
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel abroad I've ever been to. The service is first class from start to end.
the hotel is located in a secluded village near bodrum so if you are planning on doing lots outside of the hotel it may be worth considering car hire.

We stayed in lovely villa the room, it was perfect with a lovely balcony the bed was a double but the matress wasnt he most compfortable.The standered of finishes in the room was as good as to be expected from a 5 star hotel. It is hilly so the shuttle service is availbe 24hrs a day if you dont fancy the walk in the heat.

The majority of the guests are turkish and they were all pleasent, the great thing is there isn't a massive continget of russians! The food in the main restaraunt is of a high standard and is what you can expect from a buffet, its never going to be like eatnig in a top class restaraunt so dont have silly expectations. The stand out thing in the main restraunts was the quality of the cakes and bread, the hotel has a bakery on site and as a result you can taste the difference ! The turkish desserts are absloutley amazing and you should definitley try them with a cup of tea! For breakfast, freshly made eggs or ommlettes, but no bacon or sausage but that dint bother me. They also had cereals and every type of cheese under the sun with fresh honey and jams. The service in the main restaraunt isvery good the waiter work tirelessly all day long.

There are also two snack bars, beach and pool, both of these do a lunch menu and suited us just fine salads burgers etc. The beach bar does Cart'dor ice cream which was amazing! I loved the attention to detail with the melted choclate topping!

The bakery is very nice with loads of cakes and they also do packeted branded ice creams magnums which were awesome.

The hotel has two on site ala carte restraunts which are of a good standard we particularly enjoyed the fish restaraunt. Be carfeull the fish starter is so big I thought it was the main so dont eat too much of it!

One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was fot the branded drinks and this was delivered. The beer is Efees not becks but that wasn't an issue for me it was a good quality. The cocktail menu is extensive and they are mad to a high standard with some nice touches. There are three main bars, the pool beach and lobby bar. All the bars gave great service in particular the beach bar who bring drinks to you throughout the night it does get busy in the evening so do be patient!

The beach is amazing although it is a man made beach and has no beach as such we did not miss it, kids might not enjoy it as much. The jeti is amazing, made getting in the water so much easier and thus you get in more often. I loved the beach its a certiffied blue water beach and was really clean and well maintained. plenty of loungers on the beach but you will need to be down for 8 Am to get one of the jeti loungers.

Unfortunately I got an ear infection while I was on holifay, this is where the hotel stood out from the rest. I asked the hotel if I could see the doctor and the guest relations manager organised someone from the hotel take me the doctor in bodrum. The guy who escorted us and stayed with us while I saw the doctor. He then took me to the chemist to get my pescription free of charge. Although I had to pay for my treatment because my insurance wasn't comprehesive enoguh the escort provided by the hotel was free of charge! This service was amazing it would of cost a small fortune to get someone to do this and it really took the stress of me!

THANK YOU FOR A LOVELY HOLIDAY AND WE WILL DEFINITLEY BE GOING WITH VOYAGE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

4  Thank AmirD930
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great location. Best place to be in Bodrum if you want to relax, very close to the strip of luxury nightlife and boutique hotels if you decide to party. The hotel is in a quite and beautiful beach. The staff were amazing. Make sure you eat at Fish restaurants! or the main restaurant food is good to but nice to have a change. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and ensured we had a good stay. I would stay here again! We arrived at 9AM they gave us a temporary room to change and on our way back left at 8pm so we got a room then as well! You wouldn't regret your stay

Room Tip: If you get a room in the villa try to get ones closer to lobby. We had to get a shuttle to get to ou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ms_travel_bug1
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent lovely 10 nights here in June with my husband. Best all inclusive we have had for years. The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent and I defy anybody to say they couldn't find anything suitable to eat at breakfast, lunchtime or dinner! The sunbeds on the jetty were really comfortable and the swimming was superb. The water was very clear and you could see lots of fishes even without a snorkel! The resort is hilly and perhaps not suitable for anybody with mobility problems even though the staff raced you around in golf buggies if you called them. We had a very large villa room near to the swimming pool and spa. Only criticism is that the room had no armchairs and the walls were very bare. However there was an excellent big shower. The alcohol on offer was all branded in the all inclusive. We must make special mention of the excellent spa. The staff were very friendly and the Turkish bath fabulous and reasonably priced. The speciality restaurants were OK but we preferred the buffet. We took the bus into Bodrum with no problems and also did a trip over to Kos in Greece for the day which we can highly recommend. We took the 20 minute crossing and the company collected and dropped us off at the hotel for an extra few Euros. Entertainment is fine and for all ice cream lovers, there is Carte d'Or ice cream included in the all inclusive all day or you can pick up branded lollies in the Patisserie. All in all, we highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Reiselustig58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
#7 of 20 in Golturkbuku
Kuum Hotel & Spa
Kuum Hotel & Spa
#5 of 20 in Golturkbuku

Been to Voyage Turkbuku? Share your experiences!