Very disappointing, where do I start?.... the check-in was ok however we were surprisingly offered an upgrade to an island villa which we inspected and accepted, however this proved a very bad decision as you were too far away from the main hotel and had to be transported by golf cart or walk! Also the villa was not well serviced such that we had to carry bags of basics such as milk, coffee, sugar, water and alcoholic drinks back to the villa everyday. It would appear a convention was going on and our room had been given to those attendees... more of that later. Our complaints regarding the hotel are as follows:
3 out of the 5 a la carte restaurants closed for season end which we were not told about by Thomas Cook when we booked the holiday; main restaurant food was poor, nothing hot at best warm; due to overcrowding difficult to get seats in the lobby bar; guest relations not helpful enough and her English was poor; Thomas Cook rep was not at all helpful and the hotel management took 3 days to respond to our complaints form which we gave to them via the rep; poor bus service to Bodrum - only 4 a day and there is a charge. Also strangely there was only Turkish beer available, no international brands could be purchased.
Back to the overcrowding, it would appear that Hilton put more importance on conventions and conferences than paying holidaymakers. These were continual during our stay and contributed to many issues that we experienced. Extremely disappointing all round and would not go back. The Sheraton in Cesme knocks this into a cocked hat!! Letters have been sent to Thomas Cook, the hotel and the Hilton group to express our dissatisfaction of the holiday sold, the hotel and the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on hotel's sandy beach with decking areas, 3 km to resort centre with local bars and restaurants, 20 km to Bodrum. Four swimming pools (three free-form), water slides, sun terraces and decking areas at the sandy beach with free sun loungers and parasols. A separate "The Beach Club" for Club Members in high season. Indoor pool, buffet restaurant, Seafood, Italian and Turkish a la carte restaurants, lobby bar, two pool bars, two beach bars, 24hr reception, mini-market, boutique, 490 rooms. Spacious rooms 39m2 sleeping 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, each having sitting area, double or twin bed, central air conditioning, TV, telephone, safe, mini bar and bathroom with walk-in shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort And Spa
- Bodrum Princess Deluxe Hotel
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa Turkey/Golturkbuku