Stayed here last week in may 2013. We were very impressed with the hotel itself, decor and facilities. Beach was stunning and swimming pool areas were great. My children loved the water slides, however on one occasion my ten year old was hurt quite badly as no one was supervising the children getting on the slides and it all became quite chaotic.
I booked with travel republic, a superior room with private facilities and sea view. The room was fine, however it certainly wasn't 'superior' and the balcony was tiny, big enough for 2 chairs only.
The hotel itself was very clean and the waiters were very friendly and helpful.
Our main complaint was the food. The same food was on offer for lunch and dinner. Grilled meatballs everyday in different shapes and sizes. A lot of the meats were recycled into stews etc, it really was very repetitive, every night we knew what food would be in each serving areas.
We were really bored of the food by the third day. There wasnt anything prepared with children in mind either. On two days the hotel was full of people attending a conference. The dining room was packed, we had to queue up for food, and the main swimming pool was closed to guests to facilitate an evening function for the conference!
After dinner there was a mini disco for half an hour, then nothing, no entertainment whatsoever. One evening the animation staff put on some music and danced to a few songs, it was pathetic to say the least. The staff advised us that the entertainment didn't start until june. So if you stay in this hotel before June, prepare to be very bored. The lobby bar had a piano we noticed but no one ever played it!
On my second day I visited the spa, is was amazing, couldn't fault the treatments or the spa at all.
I advised one of the reception staff of the complaints I had however she was totally unconcerned. Our flight home was late at night however we when I enquired about a late check out I was quoted 100 euros to keep the room until 6pm. The hotel was half empty and I felt is should have been complimentary considering the problems caused to guests during the conferences.
I wouldn't return to the Hilton in bodrum, it's a pity as it is set in such a stunning location with its own private beach, however the food was a big let down. I also felt it was totally inappropriate to expect hotel guests to have there holiday compromised by hoards of people attending conferences. I won't be back and I won't recommend the hotel for these reasons
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on hotel's sandy beach with decking areas, 3 km to resort centre with local bars and restaurants, 20 km to Bodrum. Four swimming pools (three free-form), water slides, sun terraces and decking areas at the sandy beach with free sun loungers and parasols. A separate "The Beach Club" for Club Members in high season. Indoor pool, buffet restaurant, Seafood, Italian and Turkish a la carte restaurants, lobby bar, two pool bars, two beach bars, 24hr reception, mini-market, boutique, 490 rooms. Spacious rooms 39m2 sleeping 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, each having sitting area, double or twin bed, central air conditioning, TV, telephone, safe, mini bar and bathroom with walk-in shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort And Spa
- Bodrum Princess Deluxe Hotel
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa Turkey/Golturkbuku