“Do Not Expect to Stay in The Room you Booked and Paid For!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Blu

Costa Blu
Ranked #22 of 34 Golturkbuku B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Do Not Expect to Stay in The Room you Booked and Paid For!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked and paid for the 'Ocean View Suite' in advance on Booking.Com and arrived to find that it 'wasn't available' on arrival. This is the only explanation we received by the way. The man on the front desk was embarrassed - we got the feeling he felt bad about what had happened but didn't have the pull to make anything happen for us.

In short, we got thrown into a Pool Room and were told that our money would be refunded within a week of our stay (difference between Ocean View and Pool rate)... to date we haven't received this refund.
Please don't stay here.....
I have the feeling they overbook at the time... luring people to stay by offering an Ocean View Suite at a pretty cheap 'last minute' rate... which is never actually available... so you end up in a dodgy room out the back. We searched for the hotels available while out for a drink on our first night (to calm down after the check in nightmare) and the Ocean View Suite was still showing availability for that evening!! Unbelievable!!

There are plenty of other B&B's and hotels in Turkbuku that you'll have a better experience at than here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sjf84Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stay at this hotel if you like being treated like dirt. You might even be assaulted if you are lucky. Lack of choice for dinners, average breakfast, very small sea frontage, falling umbrellas. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Dont bother.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank levoaslan

Travelers are raving about these Golturkbuku hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

For the price the hotel is located in a good spot; the room was bare bones but clean. However, we were greeted by very rude staff and we did not enjoy our stay here - so much so that we decided to leave. When you are not made to feel welcome, it really ruins the experience. Turkbuku is wonderful and beautiful, however, not the greatest place to stay if you don't speak Turkish. While that is understandable, if you run a hotel, you should be gracious to your guests.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kate G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A quick stay on a business trip. Very helpful organising taxi to Hotel around £20 in a nice car, hotel was small but perfectly located. They booked me into a beautiful room with Terrace which enabled me the most fantastic view in the morning over the sea.
Would recommend it to couples an for price really hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Grahamtp1970
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've been there last summer and twice during the summer. It has a great location by the sea. Turkbuku is the highest quality place in Bodrum and this hotel heart of Turkbuku. You can just walk to all restaurants, night clubs. It has own beach and sea is amazing. Stuffs are very polite and helpful. Also they've wonderful food served. You can have dinner next to the sea. It was my one of the best hotel experience. If I go to Bodrum again, I'm gonna stay there for sure. Rooms are comfortable as well. You can find there whatever you need. The first time when I got there I couldn't make sure that if I'll be glad cause, also it was really good price, but we were surprised. We spent very good time. I'm sure that you'll be glad definitely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I arrived at the Costa Blu at 1am to be greeted by 2 barking dogs and a few prowling cats.I waited at the reception for a while but there was no sign of anyone and no way of raising any ones attention.So I settled down for the rest of the night on a sofa.After a restless night,the first person to appear at 0715hrs was a man who did not appear concerned,stating that he did not speak English.I was not sure if he was a guest or worked at the Hotel but then he started to pick up litter and generally tidy up,he then sat down and read the daily Paper.At 0730hrs a younger man appeared and without any apology took me to my room,this was now 0800hrs.I slept for 2 hrs and missed Breakfast so I was offered a cup of coffee.I complained to a person on reception about my ordeal and again he only speaks Turkish.so there has been no apology from anyone at the Hotel.The swimming pool could not be used as it was like a pond with green algae on it and everything had been stored away for the Winter.The room was very basic with a Balcony you could only stand on,no room even for a chair,there was mould on the ceiling in the shower/toilet room and a cover over the ceiling light in the main room was missing.The Breakfast was plated up and covered in clingfilm,which was very basic consisting of half a tomato a piece of Cucumber a small piece of cheese and a few Olives.There ware no second helping.Turkish tea was the only beverage on offer with no milk.On my last day even the butter had run out.My room was not cleaned for the 2 weeks stay and i had to ask for clean towels.As for the Beach it was 3 meters wide and very dirty,with cigarette ends,bottle tops, broken glass,and Dog faeces,there was also no shade, as again it had been put away for the winter.Whether i am being fare about the Hotel and the area, as it was coming towards the end of the season,i have stayed in many places in Turkey over the years and must admit that this is one place that I will never visit again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank pip357
Province of Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

An absolute treat to stay here. Rooms were beautiful, air-conditioned, spacious. View from the hotel was amazing. The staff were so friendly, always excited to see us and help. Our flight home wasn't until the night. Nice guy let us stay until 7pm for no extra charge! He even waited for the taxi with us and hugs and kisses when we had to leave. Felt like I was staying with family. I was amazed how great this place was for the price. I would easily have paid double for such a great room/view. This was without a doubt the nicest place we stayed while in Bodrum.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends