“Great Location”
Review of Imba Apart Hotel

Imba Apart Hotel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We stayed at the Imba for a week in mid September. It was our first time in Turkey and it made a really good impression.
Good points:
- The location is fantastic - close (2 minutes to nearest bar) to the action, but just far enough out so that it was quiet at night.
- Bitez is a lovely bay, and if you get the bus to Bitez town (for 75p!) it's really unspoilt. Worth going to the market there on Wednesday or Thursdays. It's small but fun to look around.

Bad points:
- The apartments are advertised as a 4* but they are quite basic, so don't expect luxury! Also, the walls were incredibly thin so there's not much privacy.
- The apartments weren't sparklingly clean, some of the wiring was hanging out and we had some fun getting the key to switch on the electricity in exactly the right position!
- The price of food in Bitez, whether eating out or cooking for yourself were much higher than we had expected. All the supermarkets are a rip-off, but there is very little choice about where to shop if you don't have a car. The restaurants along the water front all charge English prices for food, and drinks aren't cheap either - a 500ml beer is around £2, which is much more than most European countries.
Best tip for this is go to the restaurants just back from the water on the back road that runs parallel to the waterfront. Pedesa and Lavosa near the Mosque were both fantastic, and so much cheaper than the beachfront restaurants.

Overall, great place to stay and quite a few options for day trips, but maybe for students like us somewhere cheaper would be better!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Imba Apart Hotel

Reviewed September 8, 2008

I was at Imba Apartments end of August this year for a week with my sister and brother. The view of the aparments are amazing. Rooms are clean and spacious. They are cleaned every day. There are all the kitchen appliances available for basic cooking. We loved the location, it's stone throw away from the beach and lovely restaurants/ bar. Lovely walk on the beach in the evenings. Bitez is one the best part of Bodrum. if you want to have a quite holiday, this place is perfect for it. Dont expect entartainment or animation shows like in 4-5 star hotels in this place. There is none. It's a family run business with friendly staff.

Airconditioning is £28 per week extra, and only in main bedroom. but it does get breezy at night although it was 40degree on the day, so we didnt use it much. If you'd book this place make sure you ask for see view rooms. Other rooms may not be that good if you dont have the view. For shopping there was a small shop downstairs but for cooking I'd recommend you to travel to Bodrum (20-25min with dolmus) and go to Tansas shop (right next to last stop). it's much cheaper than Bitez shops. (almost half price). the shop at the hotel is good for only drinks and snacks etc.

If I go to Bodrum again, I'd definetely choose this place again for a quite, relaxing holiday.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Gyilmaz27
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed at the imba apartments for two weeks in aug 2008
Myself and husband and three children ages 14, 12,10. we were so disapointed on arrival as there are so many steps to climb up to the apartments and i really mean loads!!! We had a terrible view from app.but staff not very friendly or helpfull and do not speak very good english at all!! apartments very run down inside even though they are only three year old!! no entertainment at all!!! I would recommend the bitezlife apartments next door for a bit of entertainment as there was always something going on there and the staff looked very freindly over there! ( but bitez life was also very hilly) The apartments are very very basic with just a kettle and two rings and two pans!! we just ate out every night!!! bitez itself was a lovely lovely place and we will be going back there just WOULD NOT EVER STAY AT THE IMBA AGAIN!!! there is loads to do in bitez, boat trips and loads of water sports!!! We booked all our trips ourselves on the promenade as they are much much cheaper than booking with the rep!!! we really enjoyed Bitez but did not enjoy staying at the Imba Appartments!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I stayed at imba apartments for a month this june. The apartments are a good size, 2 bedrooms and a lounge kitchen & dining area. The views are fantastic and location just on the edge of the resort is perfect for a good nights sleep.
All in all a very good holiday. My adult son came out for the middle 2 weeks of my stay and he was quite happy lazing around the pool.
There were a few disappointing aspects to our stay at imba.
The soft drinks are the bar are 3YTL for a small glass. Imba has its own little shop where you can buy 2.5litre bottle of coke, fanta etc for 3YTL. Unless you are going to go back to your apartment every time you or your kiddies want a drink around the pool area be prepared for an expensive day or risk being ignored for the rest of your holiday by some of the staff if you ask why the bar drinks are so expensive.
The bar staff actually run down to the shop to get a bottle when they need it, so myself and many other guests were not happy about this. I am not implying there is a problem with the staff, they are fine, generally friendly and helpful.
The air conditioning is only in the main bedroom, so be prepared to down size rooms if you want to keep the kiddies cool!
I enjoyed my stay, but if I go back to Bitez I wouldnt stay there again.
I travel on my own generally and have done so quite happily for some years now, many times to Turkey. This is the first time I have felt that the level of service is determined by the amount of money guests spend at the apartments.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2008

stayed at the imba with partner and 2 children aged 7 and 5. the good bits first, very clean, fantastic veiws and just far enough from the nightlife so kids get good sleep! BUT kettle did'nt work told them a few times but nothing done. the drinks at the bar are;nt cold enough, and the soft drinks for kids are out of a big bottle so after many times beeing opened where'nt very fizzy. ther own shop just 15 steps down had freezing cold cans at half the price, but when i bought them ther and tried to drink them at the pool, i was told this was forbidden even when bought from there own shop! when i objected to this as we were self catering they didnt speak to me for the rest of the holiday.ther is no entertainment of any kind at night, but the local bars and restaurants are only about a 10 minute walk away. you have to pay about £30 pounds a week for air con, but be aware, although you get 2 bedrooms the air con is only in the main bedroom, so the kids stay hot and sticky all night. we enjoyed our time in bitez but were dissapointed in the imba appartments.many people were complaining but little was done to sort anything out. sorry imba but i will not be visiting you again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2007

we stayed at the imba apartments for two weeks from Aug 20th he apartments are basic but clean plenty of room we had sea views which were nice.. I would recomend them to anyone who wants to be just far engough away from the night life to walk to it one thing I will say you have to pay extra for ac around £100.00 for two weeks so rem this when booking as you may need it there is a bus that takes you to bodrum it runs every 15mins all you have to do is put your hand out its great they just stop which is nice ......... we met some lovely people at the imba I think kat was one of them if she had the 3 girls I have been in touch with another family the kids all got on great which is nice and everyone seemed to stay round the pool ps about 100 yrds there is a laundry but dont expect mircles except if you have whites s she ruined all my coloured things so be warned just send whites

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed at the Imba apartments for a week from the 21st of August. It was absolutly fantastic, would recomend it to any one. Rooms are really spacious and they are cleaned every day by freindly staff.

Jack and Ozie who work behind the bar were exelent and would go out of their way to entertain the kids. We left then a beach towel behind the bar saying reserve on it so look out for that.

W e got home on the 28th and on the 29th I booked for 2 weeks next year. Loved it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family