We stayed at the Imba for a week in mid September. It was our first time in Turkey and it made a really good impression.
- The location is fantastic - close (2 minutes to nearest bar) to the action, but just far enough out so that it was quiet at night.
- Bitez is a lovely bay, and if you get the bus to Bitez town (for 75p!) it's really unspoilt. Worth going to the market there on Wednesday or Thursdays. It's small but fun to look around.
- The apartments are advertised as a 4* but they are quite basic, so don't expect luxury! Also, the walls were incredibly thin so there's not much privacy.
- The apartments weren't sparklingly clean, some of the wiring was hanging out and we had some fun getting the key to switch on the electricity in exactly the right position!
- The price of food in Bitez, whether eating out or cooking for yourself were much higher than we had expected. All the supermarkets are a rip-off, but there is very little choice about where to shop if you don't have a car. The restaurants along the water front all charge English prices for food, and drinks aren't cheap either - a 500ml beer is around £2, which is much more than most European countries.
Best tip for this is go to the restaurants just back from the water on the back road that runs parallel to the waterfront. Pedesa and Lavosa near the Mosque were both fantastic, and so much cheaper than the beachfront restaurants.
Overall, great place to stay and quite a few options for day trips, but maybe for students like us somewhere cheaper would be better!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Imba Apart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.