“Loved this Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
East Sussex
“Loved this Hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Although have been travelling to Turkey since 1998 this was my first time in Bitez. Travelling alone I like smallish hotels as I feel safer and its more personal, although not really ever felt unsafe in Turkey. YaliHan ticked these boxes perfectly Camille and all of her staff are friendly and attentive without being overpowering. I rarely made breakfast and was out and about so one day when Camille saw me she asked if I was ok as they were worried they hadn't seen me which was very nice of her. The hotel is right on the beach and is surrounded by many restaurants and if you go out the other way you have the road where you can easily stop a Dolmus to Bodrum. YaliHans own restaurant is beach side and a great place for people watching and of course they have their own beach area. If you want a slightly less populated beach area walk right out of the hotel and you will see the beach gets wider. Rooms were cleaned daily and linen and towels changed every couple of days. There are fridges, kettles, hair dryers, safe deposit boxes and of course a/c which were all included. WiFi is free also and available throughout although to be honest it wasn't always the strongest but as everywhere has wifi you can get online anywhere.
One thing and most Ladies will appreciate this, there is lots of storage space. Shelves in the wardrobe and a chest of draws and even a cupboard in bathroom.

I would definitely return and tried to re-book for September but sadly they were fully booked so am going to the Cavus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank purply1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Stockholm
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent a week at Yali Han hotel and it was money well spent! We got exactly what was promised, a nice room (the Superior) that, although not too spacy, was cleverly designed to actually give enough privacy both in the living room part and the bedroom part. The room was spotless and cleaned every day, the bathroom too (the only thing to be desired there is a better working ventilation but it wasn't something that spoiled the experience for us, really). We stayed on the second floor so we had a balcony with a nice sea view.
Breakfast was a pleasure, with the bar café located almost on the beach but with enough shade. We had enough to choose from, although don't expect the vast display of a big hotel, this was more like you went to stay with granny and she took out absolutely everything she had and laid it out for you: fresh bread, eggs, cheeses, sausages, veggies, etc My 11-year-old daughter decided to alternate between cereals and sandwiches every other day and was perfectly happy with the variation. I was pleasantly surprised by the good coffee in the morning (am usually quite disappointed with hotel breakfast coffee) and of course you got your Turkish tea to round it up.
Once you finished breakfast the beach was just a step away, sunbeds free of charge for the hotel guests. The pool was also quite good but a bit small for us, since we wanted to have a good swim, it was clean and shady enough in the afternoon so many of the smaller kids spent the afternoons in it. The sea itself was like a giant swimming pool with clean calm water, we never saw a wave for the whole week.
The staff were very nice and helpful, we got everything we needed on request. Since our pick-up for the airport on the last day wasn't until 19h and hotel check-out time is at noon, they arranged for us to be able to shower in the afternoon. The owner showed up at pick-up time to see us off (she was also there to welcome us when we arrived at midnight! and she left all the technicalities for the morning so that we could go straight to bed and rest).
The hotel beach café offered one lunch alternative every day and the meals looked good (I think if there was a half-board option with lunch included we would have taken that and would most probably have been quite content , but since lunch came separately we always felt tempted to check out the other options and there was always something that sounded better at another restaurant, which probably wasn't necessarily better tasting... ) Maybe something for the hotel to think about, a half-board option...
On the whole, we had a great vacation, both adults and kids, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel and the destination (in fact we already have, to all our friends:))

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tansun
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been coming to this hotel since 1980. I probably stayed over 30 times. Best location, best service, best staff, best value in Bodrum. You will enjoy the great sea. The hotel is next to the beach. Bitex is also very nice summer village. It is only 15 minutes to Bodrum downtown with the local transportation and is only 2 euros/person. You will love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wirral
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in an excellent spot right on the beach and in the middle of all the beach front restaurants. Camilla was a lovely host and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our relaxing breakfasts each morning overlooking the bay. Rooms are clean and comfortable with A/C and safe deposit boxes included. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from so finding something eat is not a problem. Every lunchtime the chef does a special which seems very popular with passers by going there for lunch as well as guests. Ideal place for a nice relaxing and peaceful break.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eleccy
Oslo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Yali Han Hotel is located right on the beach in Bitez. Clean, well maintained, and great staff. I have to commend how well the staff and management (Camilla) care for all the guests staying at the Hotel. It is like each and every one of us was a family member or a private friend. I really recomend this wonderfull cosy Hotel to everyone travelling to Bodrum peninsula and Bitez, and I will definately be back. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank OsloGSe
South Yorkshire
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Once again we returned to this lovely hotel for an excellent 3 weeks holiday, and once again it is a great pleasure to say the high standard of care and service remains of the highest order.
Nothing is left to chance,by the proprieters Ali and Camilla who oversee all aspects of the hotel which ensures the high standards they have set are maintained,ably assisted by Ahmet who is always on hand and always has the answer
An indication of this attention when last year when we made a suggestion which would contribute to the safety and well being of older guests in the showers and this year we were delighted to find our suggestion had been acted on much to our satisfaction.
After 20 years of holidays in all parts of Turkey we have stayed in hotels of varying standards, some more palatial, some with more staff, and some,ahem very ordinary however we have never stayed in one better for the standard of efficiency,and an indication of this is the number of guests who return year upon year including us! and consequently many have become our friends who we join every year, and we feel the hotel is excellent value for money.
The general"feel" of the hotel is relaxation and quiet enjoyment,to our satisfaction, and we hope see everyone later this year

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sectionleader
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just arrived back from 2 weeks at the Yalihan and we had an excellent time. The location is amazing, right on the seafront promenade overlooking the beach.
The staff were all amazing; I really can't fault any of them from the maids, the receptionist and the staff in the breakfast room/bar. They remained polite and professional at all times. Camilla and Ali, the owners, were also extremely friendly and any problem was sorted out immediately. It was my 40th birthday whilst away and they made me feel really special.
There were just a couple of minor things that I felt could be a bit better and for this reason I gave the hotel very good but I think if we had chosen one of the suites, I would have reviewed the hotel as excellent. I feel that for the price paid the standard rooms are very basic. I have stayed in several Turkish hotels and this was twice the price of others and if I am totally honest i don't think the rooms/hotel was any better than any other hotel. The rooms however did have free air con and free safe. I did feel that the standard rooms can be quite dark with very poor inadequate lighting, especially at night. We had 2 rooms next to each other and they were both the same however I did look at somebody else's room, who also had a standard room, and their room was much bigger, with a larger window which made the room feel more airy and light.
When we arrived, in both rooms we were given soft pure white bath sheets and hand towels which I thought was really lovely but when the towels were changed 3 days later, neither room saw these again until 2 days before we went home. In between we were given much smaller, hard towels but i'd rather we weren't led to believe things were better than they were.
Compared to other hotels the beds, although a little hard, were fine and pillows soft. Bedding and towels changed every 3 days. Rooms and the rest of the hotel were always spotless.
All sunbeds on the beach are free as long as you buy something from the bar that owns that specific area of the beach. We initially used the Yalihan area of the beach but it was so crowded and the beds so close together, as a sun worshipper, I was constantly shaded by other peoples parasols. We then regularly went to the beach at the Regal hotel/restaurant as there was much more room and space to move. Beach was bit shingly but once in the sea this soon changed to sand. The sea was beautiful and very clear and you could walk out really far. The sea was a god send as they had a heatwave and temps reached 38 most days in the shade. There was a breeze in the afternoon to cool you down.
Bitez is a long promenade with numerous restaurants overlooking the beach. It is really very pretty and not a British bar or restaurant in site which I see as a positive when away. The best restaurant by far was the Almera; the food was amazing, very reasonably priced with a free meze starter and free dessert, which varied depending what day you went (we had melon one night and the other 2 nights we had a tiramisu dessert) and free tea/coffee. The staff were very attentive and polite. Other excellent restaurants we tried were Golden Spoon, Blue moon, Seaside, Corner restaurant (I can't remember all the names) but listening to other people most restaurants were great, whether on the front or behind the main promenade.
Went to Kos as I had no idea it was so close. Initially we went on Hovercraft catamaran which took 20-30 mins as we thought this was the only option but noticed other boats where you could sit outside. We then asked about these and went back again on a ferry which took about an hour so if you want to sit outside make sure you say. Both trips only cost £12.
Prices in Bitez/Bodrum area seemed quite expensive especially compared to prices in other areas of Turkey. It was 6 lira for a small beer or soft drink which is about £2.
All in all we had an amazing time and if i return to Bitez I will certainly consider the Yalihan - you won't find it with any tour companies so you will need to book direct with the hotel. If you e-mail the hotel (I did several times) they will always reply usually within 24 hours.
Thank you Camilla and Ali for making my 40th one to remember in a very positive way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sampayne30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bitez
Costa Bitezhan Hotel
#22 of 40 in Bitez
Toloman Hotel
Toloman Hotel
#33 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Yali Han Hotel? Share your experiences!