“Great staff, no balcony,very good value,”
Review of Manuela Hotel

Manuela Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Great staff, no balcony,very good value,”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just got back from this hotel, staff could'nt do enough for you! I took my mum for a birthday treat , normally stay at the Toloman which i have been visiting for over 20 years as their bathrooms are so small i thought the ones in the Manuela looked bigger and more modern i would try here for a change. It is just a short stroll from the Toloman so i knew the beach area was the same. We did have a great time and the weather was even hotter than normal for the end of september. We did'nt like the bathrooms and my mother and daughter shared a room they changed the room first as it was too close to the Temple bar which had music till 1-2am every night!!!!!But which ever room you were in you could hear it and sleeping was a problem.The second room they had was so bad as the shower leaked all the time 10 towels a day to leave on the floor which meant you could'nt open or shut the bathroom door!!!The manager did try to sort it but as it's the end of the season i thing it needs a makeover. One other coment was only one key for the room, it needs 2 as my mother wanted to go to bed before my daughter but needed the key in the electric slot so would have to wake up to let my daughter in!!!!!!!!I still love Bitez but i think i will go back to the Toloman next time but i will visit the Manuela as it is a fun and happy place. Food good value for the money{we were half board} The resturant upstairs very good, ask for Arggie.They all work so hard and the two Ali's on the beach are funny.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Manuela Hotel for three nights in September 2012. First of all, the location is very good, just by the sea. Bodrum centre takes about 20 minutes by dolmuş which you can take right in front of the hotel. Secondly the staff is nice in general and lastly, the food quality is above average. I can say that I'm quite content with the time I spent here.

My primary complaint about this place would be the unbalanced attitude of the staff towards locals and foreigners. If you are a foreigner, you are more likely to get a "nicer service" from the staff. Well, probably the idea is that the foreigners spend more than the locals blah blah but I found that quite irritating I must say. It just doesn't look nice, does it?

Secondly, that's not actually a complaint, my room was below the ground level without daylight. The receptionist told me that since I booked via a Turkish agent, I wouldn't be able to change my room. So, bear that in mind before booking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Harrogate
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I visited Bitez in 2010 with a partner and we had a lovely holiday at the Toloman Hotel. I very much wanted to see Bitez again and, as I was travelling alone, opted for a different hotel. The Manuela had such good reviews and the pool looked a good size (it isn't - give that photographer an award!) so I booked a 2 week holiday commencing 30 August. On arrival at the hotel at just before 1am I was met by a member of the reception staff who took my case and the manager greeted me and took me through to the bar for a complimentary drink. I was then shown my room, or should I say basement! After stepping over the huge cockcroach outside my door, on inspection my "land view" was of the side of the pool and rubbish, all the electric sockets were loose and the tv didn't work. I asked to be moved and was told I could address this with reception in the morning. I was eventually moved to a much better room on the first floor. Good points, good and plentiful food - I am vegetarian and had plenty to eat, friendy waiters, fantastic setting so close to the beach, restaurants, bars, shops etc. When the head broke on my shower one morning I returned to my room later that day and it had been replaced. My maid was excellent and I had clean sheets and towels daily. Down sides - disinterested reception staff who stopped mid sentence when a man entered and left me standing there on several occasions. I guess as a single woman in Turkey I have little value? I was seemingy invisible to the management, again probably as a result of being a woman on her own. .One of the guests suggested that they had probably been told to leave single women alone but it was quite lonely at times as the hotel was full of Turkish people for most of my stay. The only entertainment in Bitez is at the Temple Bar, at the front of the Manuela. A bit too much like a working man's club for my taste, although the music was good. I would travel alone to Bitez again because the bar staff along the whiole of the "strip" were friendly and unintimidating but I wouldn't stay at the Manuela.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room as they have a balcony (of sorts). Room for one chair - wow!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
West Sussex
Reviewed September 16, 2012

When we arrived we were allocated rooms 101 &102 in the basement, as my daughter was on her own she wasn't happy with her window being on the ground level as she would not have been able to even open her curtains, we spoke to the Manager who couldn't have been more helpful and we were moved the next morning to rooms on the first floor.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and very good value for money, the power in the shower was a bit hit and miss and sometimes we didn't have any hot water, but this was a small price to pay for the overall enjoyment of the holiday.
The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, the Al a Carte restaurant has great views over bay, good food and excellent service.
The Temple Bar at the front of the hotel has a great buzz about it with lots going on, themed nights for those who want entertainment. The Temple Bar Manager Ergie couldn't have done more to make us feel at home and was always available to ensure everyone was enjoying themselves, a very well run bar with great staff.
Our room also overlooked the bar but the music never went on after 1am and we didn't get woken up early in the morning.
We will definitely be returning and couldn't recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: As previous review rooms 101 & 102 are in the basement and not to be recommended
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arrived in the small hours and was shown to dark and dingy room 101 which happened to be in the basesment next to the bar with a "view" of peoples feet when they walked by. We immediately asked for a change which occured the next morning as the hotel was full. Much better room on second floor with a tiny balcony but at least light and airy if you like the smell from the kitchen! On the positive side the staff were very helpful in moving our rooms, the cleaner was excellent with clean towels daily and tidying up and the location is right on the beach. I cannot comment on the food or entertainment as we ate at our usual haunts in Bitez and did not attend any shows!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jipper51
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spent a week, half-board, at the Manuela this September. Overall, g/f and I did like the place but we had probably the worst hotel experience ever on the first night.
We arrived late...was shown to a room where someone was still in it. We were then shown to the worst room I have ever seen! Room had twin beds and when pushed together (we are adults, after all), you revealed a lot of dirt where the beds used to stand. The room also smelt of concrete powder (for some reason!). The bathroom floor was also completely water-logged... Remember this was around midnight. No safe either, in spite of website claims.
The worse thing was the noise. It was fairly near to the bar and at the end of a ground-level corridor which only served to increase the noise from outside. Neither I or my g/f managed to get to sleep until around 4am because of the noise from the bar. We were then waked around 7am because of the movement of furniture outside. Simply horrible...we were considering leaving the hotel and would have done if I didn't managed to get a glimpse of a tour rep. He managed to change our room for us...back to the original room, as it happened. This second room was fine. Bit of shower leakage and the aircon was temperamental but the room was perfectly adequate. Room tip... if you get shown to the room 104 (or I guess anything like this) run a mile!
Positives:
The hotel grounds are very nice. Very close to the beach, large amount of sub-loungers.
Wi-fi is not hotel wide but pretty close.
Quality of food is good. Some of it, excellent. And good value for money, too.
Entertainment is also regular - while not always to my tastes. Not sure the charmer actually had the express permission of the snake! They show a lot of sporting events, too.
Breakfast coffee machine made surprisingly good coffee!

Negatives:
(Like other hotels in Bitez)...
Bed linen is minimalist and fairly coarse.
Shower pressure and temperature is based on the spin of a roulette wheel!
Evening buffet lacks choice. Decent food (as mentioned above) but there should be more than two choices of "main".
Alcohol prices are a touch high.

What else? There are many staff. Almost all are happy to help...some very friendly. Only a few have a good grasp of English, though...and strangely they seem to never be on the reception.

Overall, I would consider returning to the Manuela, in spite of the first night problems.

Room Tip: There is a ground floor corridor near the bar. Noise from the bar echoes down through the corridor a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been spending my summer holidays with my family in Manuela for five years now. If you like to feel at home and stay away from the chaos of the city, Manuela is probably the best place in Bodrum. The staff are so cheerful and welcoming and their friendly and peaceful attitute never changes from the beginnning to the end of your vacation. As the most important thing for me is the food, I guarantee you will also fall in love with the food as I did. There are two restaurants in the hotel and you will enjoy eating your meals right next to the sea with a beautiful view of Bitez Bay. The other beauty of the hotel is that you never fall apart from the sea. You're always right next to it since the hotel is kind of located on the beach. And if you like to dance and enjoy some drinks by the sea, there's the famous Temple Bar on the beach as well. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family