“not good, dated, under maintained”
Review of Club Amarissa

Club Amarissa
Ranked #39 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“not good, dated, under maintained”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

do yourself a favour, dont go here.
I dont usually write reviews though i do make my choice of a particular place after checking them out and i agree pretty much with what Penny S has said.
I pulled numerous protuding screws and nails out of the broken and warped decking probably saving countless feet and toes from severe laceration.
The food is limited, both of quality and choice. Hot food is barely warm.
The plus point to this hotel is that its next to the beach, also the bar staff and 1 or 2 waiters were quite pleasant but the guy at reception is miserable and unhelpful.
There are too many minus points to mention although one issue is that we and 2 other couples had money or jewellery stolen. In our case, £105 was taken from a locked suitcase in our locked room. When we reported it, TWICE, there was no response at all.
I cant believe that anyone can rate this dump as excellent.
As previously stated by others, any travel company sending people here should review it. Easyjet/low cost hols have gone down in my estimation for sending people here. Going all inclusive is not value for money. Check out the 3S hotel next door to compare quality, actually, there is no comparison.
Bitez is lovely and quite relaxed with lot of good restaurants but dont go to the dump amarissa.

Room Tip: good luck finding a good one
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank graeme b

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I went to this all inclusive club/suite expecting a four star quality apartment! Not on your life! Four star maybe 5 years ago! The rooms, as already pointed out, are damp ( not good for a child with asthma!), our kitchen didn't have electricity in until we asked for it! Then told on no certain terms to use the ktchen! Only the fridge ! We then had a kettle but no crockery! Air con didn't work until we complained and asked for a room change! The balcony rooms have been given, mainly to staff and friends of the owner! There is NO entertainment or food for children and I refuse to feed a child on chips and melon when paid for all inclusive for a whole week! We ate out every meal time as didn't eat any the food ourselves Even as a grown up! Especially as it appears to be re-vamped from the previous meal!
The staff were, in the main, rude , discourteous and couldn't care less about you! Have to say there were the exceptions and they were embarrassed by the others attitude to non- Turkish or non Greek guests!
The pool was the only thing that they seemed to care about! The pool BUT not the decking round it! Which is rotten and falling, dangerously apart! my partner nearly went through it! Beds around pool were grimy and rotten! New bean bags and chair covers came out for the Greeks who turned up as we were leaving! Friends of the hotel owner! Oh have I mentioned the hotel owners son! Pain in the pool! Stole other peoples pool toys, lidos etc and then he and his mates took over the whole pool for a couple of days!
I recommend any travel company should visit this place and seriously have a re think on the number of stars and the write up they give it! I'm not being a snob but really! 4 stars! Never!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Penny S

Travelers are raving about these Bitez hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've been working in the travel industry for over 20 years and I've never been as disappointed with a property as I have with this one. I've also been to Bitez many times before but on this occasion I was travelling with my boyfriend. Rather than book the apartment I usually stay at he suggested it would be nice for us to stay somewhere new together, so I booked this place.

It's been marketed and sold by the wholesalers, and travel companies, as a 4 star and it only just reaches a 1 star in my opinion. People say you get what you pay for but we didn't get anything close to what we paid for. The suites were advertised as having fully working American kitchens. Hmmm there wasn't even a teacup. No plates, cutlery or anything so you couldn't use the kitchen except for the fridge.

We arrived late and were shown to our apartment. The smell of the damp hit you as soon as you walked through the door. The more we looked round, the more obvious it was that the whole suite was covered in mould. Paint was bubbling off the wall and it was generally in a very poor state. Don't be fooled by other reviews which suggest it was due to heavy rain, because it wasn't. The bedroom had no window, no ventilation and no air con unit in it. We complained and asked to be moved to another room. The manager showed us 2 other suites which were exactly the same and then cunningly showed us an upstairs apartment which was much better. The snag... we had to pay more for it, as it was a higher grade. Of course we refused as we just wanted a room that was habitable. The rep couldn't come out to help with the matter as it was too late, so we agreed to stay there for 1 night. It was that damp though that we both got about 2 hours sleep because even the sheets and pillows were wet. We ended up sleeping on our beech towels. I cried because I blamed myself and my boyfriend was gutted as it was our first holiday. Not a good start to the trip!

The next day 2 reps came & agreed the apartment was very damp and the manager agreed, then he showed us some apartments that he hadn't shown us the night before. We were shown one that was better and moved in to it. It still wasn't great but at least the bedroom had a window and we could sleep in the bed. One of our main concerns though was that they seemed to be doing this to everyone, almost as a ploy to try and get more money out of the guests. The reason I say this is because the next day we saw a young couple get checked in to the same suite we had originally been given. After speaking to them we found that the manager had done the same thing and showed them the suites upstairs but advised they had to pay extra for it. A few days later we saw a lady that had just checked in and looked very upset. After we went to see if she was ok it turned out that the same thing had happened to her. Her partner had just flown in from Afghanistan to spend 2 weeks with her and his son. They were so angry that the place was nothing like how it had been sold to them.

We thought that the rooms were going to be the only issue for everyone but how wrong we were. We'd booked all inclusive as we were there for 10 nights but we ended up spending at least a further £200 on eating out as the food was that bad. It wasn't just a case of it not being to our liking, as we weren't expecting anything wow, but it was a health hazard.

None of the food was covered (except for the bread) so fruit flies were constantly everywhere. I felt really sorry for families as there was nothing for the kids, not even pizza. I wish we'd taken some photos because there are some reviews on here that have added some pictures of the buffet but they are definitely NOT from the same place. Breakfast was usually salad! With boiled eggs, bread (no toast) jams, cereal and salami etc. In the whole 10 days that we were there we had pancakes made once, which were actually quite nice so at least I got to eat that day! Lunch and mains were bland and mainly consisted of salads, 4 hot dishes usually rice, pasta (with no sauce), a casserole type dish and one other. Desserts were rubbish, not even ice cream for the kids. They were mainly instant pudding type things or plain cake.

The most distressing thing about it was that it all kept being reheated and served up for the next meal. We had to laugh one day as the scrambled eggs from breakfast didn't all get eaten, so they tossed it through some pasta shells and served it as a main dish for lunch lol... I think you get the picture. We were both ill as we kept trying things to eat, but after day 3 we gave up and just ate out after that.

Bitez as a whole is gorgeous and that part of your holiday will not disappoint you. The property is in a good location, just a few minutes walk to the village where all the restaurants are. The beach is lovely and the locals very friendly. The pool is not as big as it looks in the photos but it's nice and looks over the beach which is a lovely view. Plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas and cold drinks on tap. I can highly recommend 'The Corner' and 'The Lemon Tree' restaurant in Bitez village. Fillet steak for around £11 and wonderful local dishes as well, all yummy.

I could write lots more about this place but hopefully this is enough to stop you from staying here. If like us, you read the negative reviews AFTER you've booked and paid for the apartment! Then I’d actually say it's worth paying an amendment fee to change to another property. If you've not booked yet – DON’T.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Tracey H
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The rooms that are a lower grade than the balcony rooms are mouldy, wet and smelly. They don't have any ventilation and are left open all the time when knoweone is staying in them to try and dry them out but it isnt working. The receptionist is rude and tried to get us to pay more for a room change when we complained but failed to make us do so. Watch out for the cleaners using your deodrant and aftershave so make sure you hide them. The food is rubbish so all inclusive is quite pointless and the bar is made up of 4 bar seats which is not very inviting.good points are that the pool is lovely and one of the two barmen is really nice. Bitez as a place is stunning and "first stop" restaurant is definately worth a visit. max is the owner of first stop and hes usually on the door. He will do deals for you so just ask him and he will taylor it to you. He will remember you and your deal throughout your stay so he will do you the same deal everytime you go. I cant recommend it anymore. hes a lovely man! over all the holiday was fantastic when we got a room change,ate out and hid the aftershave and deodrant . lesson learnt: all inclusive is a waste of time and so is going for the cheaper room option.

Room Tip: if you really still want to stay here then go self catering in the balcony rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natalie c
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just returned from Bitez and I think that the people who liked this hotel have never been in a proper 4star resort or hotel before.The picture with the pool is beautiful but when you arrive there you find out that it's actually smaller and the sunchairs quite old.What they call beach is a small strech of dirty sand with 2rows of battered chairs.They don't provide towels for the pool or the beach.The rooms are very damp and the smell in the bathrooms can't be described.....There is no shower gel or shampoo included and only once did they change the towels.All inclusive there means beer and local drinks but if you want a cocktail or a fresh juice you have to pay.Food is very limited and having read the other reviews I have to say that in out week there we never saw a pancake or an omelett in the morning.Also they don't even know what a toaster is......Lunch time or diner there was only one meat dish with either chips,rice or spaghetti.Not once did we have fish and those people make a living from fishing!Also deserts very poor choice and quality.There was one review that said something about entertainment.......all I can say is what entertainment?????Some days we didn't even have music at the bar....

Room Tip: maybe a higher floor will not be so damp
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlexandraS34
Diss, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on holiday here at the end of April and we were worried about staying at the hotel after reading bad reviews.
When we arrived we were shown to our suite and we were quite disappointed. It smelt of damp and there was mould on the inside of the bedroom walls, but we wiped it off with a wet wipe and carried on. In the morning we were told they'd had torrential rain the week before and a lot of the apartments had flooded so that's why they smelt of damp. By the end of the week- the apartments didn't smell anymore and had completely dried out.
The staff really made this holiday- Jake and Bob behind the bar were so friendly and always made sure you never had an empty glass. The bar is 24 hours, which is unheard of in most All Inclusive hotels so make the most of it.
The food is typically Turkish as you would expect. Lots of stews, rice, chips, but a good selection of salads to go with it. Some of the food was quite greasy, but was still really nice. One morning they did pancakes on the hot plate outside and they were delicious.
The swimming pool and terrace area is beautiful. All the gardens are well kept and watered everyday and the pools are cleaned everyday too. It was still very cold in the pool when we were there, but we swam a few times and looking over the bay at the side of the pool is amazing.
The little village of Bitez is lovely. The bay and views from the hotel are stunning. When we were there they were still getting ready for the start of the season not all the loungers were out on the beach, but it was lovely to sit and relax there anyway.
The restaurants down on the bay are lovely too. I would highly recommend "The Lemon Tree," as it does a huge variety of meals, but at a really good price and you can sit on the beach and eat too. The staff were really friendly too.
The bus stop is only around the corner too- so it takes about max. 20 minutes to get into Bodrum and only costs 3lira each, which was brilliant.
Overall, a lovely relaxing holiday for the both of us. We would definitely go back again, but would probably leave it until May/June time when the hotels/beaches/restaurants are more in season.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Natalie R
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading many reviews prior to arriving at the Club Amarissa myself and my partner were apprehensive about staying there, but noticing that every other review differed with one saying it was awful and the next saying it was excellent we went with an open mind and looked forward to it non the less.

Ill start from the beginning: we paid low cost to upgrade to extra leg room seats on the plane, this was highly disapointing as it was absolutely freezing which made it unbearably uncomfortable. We eventually arrived at the hotel (being the last drop off on the transfer coach!) to be greeted warmly by reception staff. Our room exceeded our expectations. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and we were lucky to have a pool view balcony.

The pool: clean, cold and a good size. You will need to get up early to get a sunbed, (we could throw our towels to two in front of our balcony which was handy!). you will have to play the towel game if you want a sunbed. very annoying when people put towels on beds and then do not use them all day. These particular towels ought to be thrown in the pool if you ask me! lovely childrens pool with a water feature.

The beach: beautiful, clean, lovely breeze. Being a dog lover i quite enjoyed seeing my doggy friends on the beach every day, they come on the beach for shade more than anything and are no actual harm to people. They get shood away by the hotel staff which is understandable because no doubt people will moan about it on here! The waiters from the hotel are often around taking drink orders and selling ice lollies and icecreams which is a nice touch. The sea water is not as clear as gumbet and other beaches that we visited but still clean and pleasent. lovely for children as quite shallow.

Entertainment: firstly, the childrens entertainment was awful;. we dont have children yet but by god if we did i would have felt sorry for them, they played the same 5 songs every night that were out in my day and the animation team (however sweet they were and i couldnt blame them) didnt look enthustiastic and didnt know the correct dance moves. However, the adult entertainment brought in from outside was mainly very good, lots of dance acts and so on.

Food: mainly very good. good selection, hot, beautiful salads, pancake/omelettes. Waiters were very friendly, run off their feet, we send special thanks to Bob. He seemed to run the show. The other waiters seemed to go to him to question drinks orders and he was sorting every table out by the end. He wasnt there one day and the service seemed chaotic! He needs a salary raise as he is highly needed and an asset to the amarissa . Please bear in mind that the waiters work 7 days a week and very long hours. They work and try very hard to please.

location: perfect! lovely seafront walk way with many shops, bars and restaurants. comfy seating, hamocks, swing chairs, cushions (heaven), wet shaves and barber shops, jewellery shops etc... Again, dogs and cats are rife. Im guilty of feeding them, as i said they cause no harm.

Trips: do not book with the travel company, there are many places to book trips with along the water front which are much cheaper and brilliant value for money. We did however have a turkish bath at our hotel which was beautiful and relaxing. my skin was very smooth afterwards and helped with the tan. it was quite pricey but we felt it was worth it. whiclst booking with companies along the sea front we booked two boat trips, which can only be described as amazing. we also tried out horse riding which was very fun, hot (wear lots of sun lotion as you trek off into the desert). My partner was walking like John Wayne for about a day after!

Over all: Hotel was beautiful, clean, comfortable and exceeded our expectations. Staff were extremely friendly from the cleaners to management and couldnt do enough for you. The cleaner was brilliant and seemed to really try her best to make our room as clean as possible. The local views were stunning.
The local exchange rate is very good, so i suggest getting money changed up when your over there, the exchange rate on the day we left was 2.86 tl to the pound. Local food was lovely. Dolmus bus very handy and cheap.

We would like to return one day in the future, maybe when we have young children as the pools and beach are perfect for children just lacking on entertainment side. Thanks to everyone at the Club Amarissa for making our holiday a wonderful one! x

Room Tip: Famıly Room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family