I stayed at this hotel with a friend, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were greeted late at night and taken to our clean, modern room. We walked round to the beach to find some food (it was about 1am when we arrived), and although I cannot remember which bar we went to, we had a beer and they kindly ordered us takeaway pide delivered to the beach.
We had a turkish bath at the hotel as the staff were friendly and I only wanted a lady to do the wash and massage which they easily offered. We had it on the first day so we could get scrubbed to try and get a better tan after some serious exfoliation! It was relaxing and pleasant.
There are 4 pools, 2 in the main bar area. We found the pool past the mini supermarket was always quiet and for a couple of days we were the only ones in it. We walked down to the beach most days in the afternoon which was only a few minutes walk, using the free sunbeds on the beach. The beach is beautiful. We hired a pedalo one afternoon which was fun.
The food is lovely, if you cannot find something to eat then you must be incredibly fussy. Breakfast included traditional Turkish foods such as egg, honey, bread etc, as well as hot food options, cereals and cold meats and cheese. Some food was reused again, such as chicken casserole using the meat from the night before but there was loads of choice and freshly made bread available at every mealtime. We enjoyed the Turkish night, there was fresh kebab meat and kofte burgers which were gorgeous. There was always a soup and a different meat, often freshly cooked on the outside grill. Waiters were friendly and efficient,and would serve drinks to your table as well as being able to go to the bar for them.
We booked a boat trip from Jimmy (outside the mosque on the beach) who delivered what he promised. We wanted a small boat and there were only 21 on it so there was loads of room and it wasn't too busy getting on/off the boat.
We ate out a few times, the Lemon Tree was by far the best, if you go down in the day you can reserve a front table on the terrace overlooking the beach which was gorgeous. We went there most nights for cocktails and drinks as the staff aren't pushy, but are friendly and you get looked after.
Don't listen to any bad reviews, we booked this as a 3 star hotel, it by far exceeded any expectation we had. The whole place is clean and you can get fresh pool towels from the spa everyday which was useful. Staff cannot do enough for you, especially the reception staff. We stayed out til gone 3am in Bitez, the pace is relaxed and chilled out but if you want more nightlife Gumbet and Bodrum are easy to get to, and there are plenty of taxis.
We are planning to return next year, this is a lovely hotel and you won't be disappointed. Someone told us it is run by Dutch people which would explain all the dutch people (who weren't rude and everyone just got along), but it means that the hotel is modern and the staff understand what we want from our holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of history and nature, Bitez is the most preferred location for those who seeking peaceful surroundings. Modern interior design with a minimalist feel are complemented by the mandarin gardens all over the hotel area. Bitez Garden Life Hotel & Suites offers a lovely and friendly atmosphere which appeal to families, couples and groups who are looking for that little bit extra from their holiday ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Bitez Garden Life reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitez Garden Life Hotel And Suites
- Bitez Garden Life Hotel Bitez