“Great hotel, with good facility's but the beach is crap”
Review of Parkim Ayaz Hotel

Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
“Great hotel, with good facility's but the beach is crap”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a fab time here! With it being 3 Hotels wrapped into one it felt a little mish-mash but got used to it. I don't rate the beach at all, with sun loungers packed together like sardines and rocky-sand covered in cigarette ends. Other than that the staff was helpful and I had a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Deelicious-000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Myself, Partner and her sisters and mum have just come back from a week at Parkim Ayaz (5-12 AUG).
From looking at mixed reviews before i was unsure what to expect however on arrival i was pleasantly surprised at this place.
We flew Thomas cook from Gatwick and arrived at the resort at about 02.30, Check in was fast and the bellboys took our bags and us to our rooms (9127 + 9128) both overlooking the bubble pool. We decided to have a look about rather than go straight to bed and found ourselves in the middle of bar street which is brilliant, Loads of bars, clubs and shops. I recommend Hollywood bar its pumping but not rammed and the staff there are brilliant, If you keep going back they see your loyal and you get free shots and discount drinks etc.

Back to the hotel... I will start with my only negatives which where the bathroom needed a bit of an update, And when you go out of the hotel at night down the beach front you get bundled by men offering roses and bracelets for free!! hmmmm all i can say is walk away, They say its free then when you take it they want to shake your hand then hassle for money as i found out on several occasions, I know they are trying to make money but you need to be stern but not rude.

They are my only negatives, Now positives.... Food was awesome, people say same old same old, i didn’t have the same thing more than once, its all cooked fresh and they have outside BBQ where you can get spit roast chicken / steak / kebabs / pizza etc (they swap it per night). I have been to 5* all inclusive all through the world and the food here in my opinion was close to the quality of this, The drinks where also good (no small crappy plastic cups), beer was good and cocktails.

The staff are friendly, always stopping to say hello, People once again moan about "they don’t speak English", that’s complete cr*p, they do although its not perfect but they do try and some of them even tried to learn certain English phrases from us.

The pools where all good, if you want to just chill go to bubble pool, if you want games and a sit up pool bar go to cozzy and if you have kids and want them to dive bomb people trying to chill out go to the waterslide pool.

Entertainment was good, something every night at the cozzy bar with some awesome performances by the rubber man, African dancers and also they do a Mr Parkim Ayaz and Mrs competition, good laugh. The entertainment staff are all good and get you involved.

My personal opinion is to ignore the moaning people i have seen of late and try it, If your after a silent, relaxing chill out with no kids this is not ideal but if your after a good holiday and want to make the most of it then i recommend this place. Its perfect for groups and couples.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank NickL01
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well I have been with my wife for the period between August 3-7,2013.
I travel a lot (12 times year),yet what I saw here was worth noting because its not acceptable to have these things happening in a four star hotel with an 8.1 rating by booking.com
Negative points:
1- Air conditioning is ineffective
2- the mini bar was not working
3-bath tub didn't flow out water properly(you will end with an aquarium in the bath tub)
4-very poor English literate employees(I bet that not even one employee in the whole hotel knows English)
5-we had to call four times for somebody to get our luggage to the lobby(they said we can't understand!).in 2013 it's not acceptable to have front desk employees who don't speak or even understand English.
6-no supervision over the pools or life guards.we had some annoying children around us jumping into the jacuzzi and making faces to us!when u complain to the staff either they are indifferent or mostly they don't understand what you said.
7-Some of the front desk employees were even rude sometimes who no smile...as for the smile forget about it.

Some of the positive points worth mentioning:
-location of the hotel
-landscape
- three pools although they are small ones
-good food in most of the meals

As a conclusion I will not return to this hotel again,I was not a pleasurable experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jean K
Aley, Lebanon
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel was clean, huge, the rooms we had (2 family rooms) were big. The staff are very good and friendly. The activities and shows were also great. The food was very good, varies from a day to another and the buffet was really HUGE. The location of the hotel is also excellent being on the beach and very close to the barstreet. Overall, it was an excellent vacation and we hope to repeat it next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hiam A
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Good points:

Three pools, one with a waterside. This means that if you don't want kids constantly dive bombing, screaming etc, then avoid the waterside pool. We plumped for the Cozzy Bar, with the swim up bar, music and the games (pool, darts etc).

Cocktails: first all inclusive I have been at where a range of cocktails are included. On the subject of the bar, they all open until Midnight, which again is later than I am used to.

Food was good and the a la carte restaurants were both nice (as long as you are not a picky eater).

Location of the hotel, which is really central and right on the beach (as long as you get a quiet room).

Bad Points (some of which may not be bad depending on what you look for in a holiday):

Rooms: our room (although nicely located just behind reception) was small, particularly as there was three of us. A small wardrobe, with five functional coat hangers for three of us for 14 nights...nightmare...particularly as none of the coat hangers fit in the wardrobe properly i.e. the depth of the wardrobe was too narrow to allow the clothes to sit properly, so all clothes had to go in at an angle to get the doors shut. The balcony was a joke - a struggle to fit one person on it, no chance for 3...oh and the sprinklers soaked our towels etc every morning! The shower was probably the worst I have ever experienced: small and never kept the same temperature for more than 30 seconds - not very clean either.

Reception staff - not a happy bunch, but dealt with my problems quickly. The two girls on client services (where you book the a la carte) were really nice and cheery (which was a rarity at this hotel...or maybe it was just me).

Wi-Fi - not good! Only available at reception, but you had to time it right - I found 7am a nice time for speed. 7pm - forget it.

Sunbeds: I know some reviews say that beds are easily available, but they are not, not at the Cozzy, anyway. You still have to get up at 7am if you want a bed/decent bed.

Special Mentions For:

Zali - fresh orange guy and the head guy in the Turkish a la carte; Memet - the omelette and pizza chef, never stopped smiling. The two boys on the Cozzy bar.

The hotel hound - so cute! And the tortoises!

Overall: good base, with food for all tastes. Clean and attractive grounds.

See separate reviews on the resort and some of the restaurants.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RossMcG666
Forres, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Well where do i start,1st of all anyone that has booked check with Thomas Cook what type of room u have book,We arrived at 3am after a v long day to be taken to the most depressing rms i have seen on hols,it was called a family rm my 11yr old was to sleep on a sofa for a week and my 21yr old niece and 16yr old nephew has to sleep in a double bed,aft returnin to reception and tryin for an hr to change rm with no luck,we returned to reception at 12 next day to spk to manager but no sign off him but give the boy at reception his due he did manage to upgrade us for no charge aft 5 angry adults n 2 kids said we werent moving till we got rooms,most of all staff are rude and not friendly at all and tip boxes everywhere,couldnt fault bfast n lunch but dinner was a nitemare,worse thing off all was for 2 days running someone pood in pool and it was not closed in my experience abroad if this happens pool gets closed that did not happen in this case,
I dont usually read or write reviews but had for this hotel.

Room Tip: speak to tour operator and make sure its not called a standard room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wendy k
lancaster
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

we went to Parkim Ayaz last year. xx we went back again this year and it was even better than before. when we got there we had a beautiful room but we had to change as my mum and friend struggled with the stairs and getting into the bath. but reception moved us the next day without any problem . the room we had was still beautiful and also had a bath. anf when you opened the glass door you were right at the bubble pool. Staff in restaurant especially ibrahim and huley were really friendly and were really good with my little boy who is 4 paid him so much attention. staff at ladybird bar were friendly. we met some great people who we hope we will keep in touch with. and we have also already booked to go again next year. thankyou parkim Ayaz. xx

• Stayed June 2013
#6 of 97 in Bodrum City
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Parkim Ayaz Hotel? Share your experiences!