See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Having read of these excellent reviews before I visited the Aegean Gate, I was thrilled to find it is utterly true what everyone has said below. A great, quiet spot, yet perfectly reasonable walk into town (or a quick cheap taxi), spotlessly clean rooms and grounds, great breakfast and always friendly service. The owners Gary and Rory and their staff make you feel extremely welcome, and you can join other guests at the bar, or relax on your balcony or terrace. There are loads of great restuarants in Bodrum, or you can order food to the hotel which is fabulous and beautifully served to you. There are numerous cats and a few dogs which live at the hotel - I am not a lover of pets, but these animals are just perfect - they don't intrude in your space, but if you want to play, they are quite willing!! Rory and Gary gave us recommendations for activities and restaurants on the 1st day, all of which were spot on; the highlights were the traditional turkish baths, which massage - a fraction of the cost for the equivalent in the UK - and amazing - I went with 3 female friends, and they were totally charming and appropriate (in case you were nervous!), second highlight was a boat trip to various small coves for swimming/sunbathing which included lunch - brilliant. I could go on, but i think will just be repeating everything below. If you are going on holiday, go to Bodrum (fabulous wee town with great shops and the venders are not nearly as hassle-some as you might expect) and stay at the Aegean gate. If you regret I'll eat my hat ....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Up a on a hill hidden behind a beautiful Bougainvillea covered gate is a very special place - the perfect small hotel for anyone wanting to escape to a world of peace and calm.
The owners and staff are attentive and helpful ,friendly and welcoming and we had a wonderful holiday here .My husband can be quite discriminating when he is on holiday requiring a particularly high standard of every hotel we visit ,he found exactly what he was looking for in the Aegean Gate. The view from our balcony was stunning and the weather cloudless for the seven days we stayed ,we never got tired of sitting there and watching all the activity on the sea in the distance whilst eating the wonderful food Gary and Rory ordered in for us We love cats and soon made friends with the all the furry 'residents' including the two house dogs Samson and Grandad who are both great characters ..
Bodrum like most of the Turkish holiday resorts is a very lively town with lots of bars and nightlife available if you want to sample it. We require a quiteter pace of life these days and this hotel is the perfect antidote to the noise and hustle of Bodrum What more can I say than has already been said about this magical oasis of relaxation Just go and see for yourself !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scorpiomoonli
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Aegean Gate for 5 days after a rather hectic weekend in Istanbul. It was absolutely perfect. We spent the mornings eating a wonderfully presented breakfast of fresh fruit, toast and scrambled eggs sat on the gorgeous terrace, the days pottering around the pool, lounging around the ‘rock’ looking out over the town, mountains and ocean, the evenings at one of the fantastic restaurant recommendations made by the guys, and by night all could be found having a ‘few’ drinks round the pool area. Gary and Rory were by far the best hosts of any hotel I've been to, so friendly and helpful, we all left feeling like old friends of the family (family = Gary+Rory+dogs+cats+cutest ever kitten+a couple of baby tortoises rescued from the roadside). Our room was on the top floor compromising of a lovely bedroom, separate large lounge area that opened out onto the balcony with amazing views. I can’t recommend this place highly enough and would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks for such a great few days guys!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Well what can be said that hasn't been said before.? We stayed here for 9 nights in mid -June and it was so lovely that we hardly left the hotel. We have never felt so welcome or been better looked after. I would recommend the Aegean Gate to anybody. It certainly deserves the number 1 spot and is credit to Gary and Rory who own and run it. The dogs and cats are a joy.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip. We loved it. Gary & Rory made us feel like we were visitors to their home. Mahmoud, their assistant, is charming and so helpful. The housekeeper was very nice and appreciated my few words of Turkish. Our room, even though not on top floor since those were not available, was, nevertheless, perfect. Our suite was large and very comfortable. The hotel is located is on a quiet street. The short walk to town is easy and nice because it's along the waterfront. Breakfast outside in the breeze and, after a long day of walking..... a gin & tonic on the terrace overlooking the Aegean. Hey what else do you need? Say hi to the furry friends: especially the little tuft of gray trouble , Granddad and Sampson.

Room Tip: any room here is just fine
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple