L'Ambiance Resort Bodrum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Myndos Resort(Bodrum City)
Hadi Apartments(Bodrum City)
View Hotel
Hotel Centro Bodrum(Bodrum City)
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Kos Hotel(Bodrum City)
    View Hotel
    See what travelers are saying:
    Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Dont no were to start from well I went there with a friend in mid augustand regreted it so sooo much and we still do!

As soon as we was geyying closer we had a bad feeling but bad was not good enough to explain as soon as we stepped in we knew it was going to be a nightmare the mistake of our life it was hell! The receptionists was incredibly rude un respectful I can not expalin!

We had to wait about an hour for our room we arrived at about 1am and the room was still not ready. After an hour wait finally we was excorted to our room which we called a shitwhole!
    The floors was all filthy, sheets all stained, ripped curtains, balcony small maybe a chair would hardly fit in plus as soon as you open the balcony door the bushes just hit your face, no hot water, shower doors broken, floors all rusty also toilet sink and taps, sockets all out of place, walls had all sort of dirt, the dront door had wholes and lock was unsafe and no towels through out the stay, basically it was like it wasnt touched or cleaned for good 10YEARS.
    We couldn't sleep for the first 2days and we felt really unsafe even tho we kept complaining there was no action taken and the receptionists was so rude they had the face to swear at us not only us all customers they were very abused and used sexual language towards us and they lead me ti have a fight with one of them they didn't even have connection threw the room phones were outside callers could be trasferee to our room. My mum once called i had to speak to her at the phone in the lobby and they made me go out side and they passed the phone through the window and the receptionist was so rude he kept pulling the cable of the phone and smacked the phone on my face with abusive language..
    I could write tou loads and loadsss more but it would go on forever so im sure if you read all this you could imagine what we went threw and not book this hotel so any reason I will seriously feel sorry for your health and safety and all you would do is waste money to live hell alive!!!

PLEASE DONT BE FOOLED FOR THE PRICES PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
    20  Thank Nezseda
    Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was really disappointed with my stay there.

YES, before people scream and shout that it is cheap - it is cheap and I did not expect roses and a sparkling gold door handle. But this was a sham.

We arrived late at night, to be taken to a room with no sheets, and no working light. The shower was AWFUl, and there was a trolley just sitting outside our room... really awful.

I felt really gross, unnerved and quite upset with it all on first arrival.

We waited for 30 minutes to get sheets on our bed, which were put on by a young boy, who stared at us 3 while he did it.

No towels in the bathroom...

It was a state.

The pool was dirty, the meals were THE SAME EVERY MEAL for 10 days!!

The staff pulled us through - they were lovely, and I will be keeping in touch with them.

I would tell people not to go here, really dont.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
    9  Thank Nicola W
    Reviewed October 24, 2013

The package holiday business model and poor management have combined to ruin what was once among my favorite hotels in the world. We have always booked l'Ambiance privately.

We returned this year only because I had extremely little time to plan a two-month holiday and found all other hotels I was familiar with full for at least part of our stay.

Despite some physical improvements since last year, the hotel was in an abysmal state. Much of the staff had quit due to not being paid to be replaced by Syrian refugees working only for room and board. While our rooms were orderly and tolerably clean upon arrival there was no housekeeping staff whatsoever.

Food was in short supply and while extremely basic it was edible. Except breakfast, we rarely ate at the hotel. The bar was repeatedly running out of everything. The public toilets were overflowing, filthy and reeked of human waste. The swimming pool began murky and then turned green. After a couple days of half-hearted attempts to clear it, the pool was effectively abandoned.

After a 10-day road trip we returned for a few days in October to find the hotel nearly empty and seemingly ready to close at any minute. More friends joined us. They had visited l'Ambiance before and we warned them but they chose to come anyway, as like us they love the location. There were no towels for two days. Even some of the Syrians were carrying their meagar possessions and leaving. Fights were breaking out between staff and management. All food and drink service ceased the last two days.

The one shining light continued to be the barber Ferdi and his wife Zeliha. They lease the salon separately and also leased the hotel hamam this year. The salon gave the superb service we've enjoyed for years and they also did an excellent job in the hamam. I noticed guests from past years that I had met at the hotel who while staying at other Bodrum area hotels were coming back to l'Ambiance just to visit the salon.

l'Ambiance still has a wonderful location and the large grounds and setting offer great ambiance. The 150 (about) room size is also what I consider ideal for a resort-type hotel as it is neither too large nor to small. I hope that it will be improved next year as I spent a couple days searching for another hotel for next year to find nothing like it location, setting or size.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
    9  Thank SwampeastMike
    Reviewed October 7, 2013

On arrival at the hotel we couldnt get a drink..we were shown to our room and we had no towels and loads of wasps were coming in through the airvent,so i complained and was told i should have checked the room when i got there..1st day breakfast pasta with no sauce,boiled eggs,cereals until 8.15 milk until 8.15 then all cereals and milk were taken away although breakfast should have need until 10.30.there was no desserts ice cream or fruit at all through the stay,most day s no alcohol we only had fanta to drink for 26 hours no water,coke,beer, or spirits available.dinner consisited of dried rice with meatballs or dried pasta left over from lunchtime,same sort of food each day sometimes dried cous cous with no sauce.people were robbed at gun point while we were there as well.. the bbc was also present after hearing about how bad the hotel was,the swimming pool was green and rthey had put bleach in it the bbc suggested not to swim in there ,the kitchens were filthy according to the bbc.we didnt have water to wash or use the toilet in 2 occasions and no electric once..so we had to eat out every night and buy drink out in the end we was able to move and paid to stay in another hotel which was everything this hotel wasnt..so whatever you do dont stay at this hotel although i believe it has been closed down and gone bankrupt now...so overall this was a very expensive holiday with having to go out every day,when i asked them to clean the room after being there for four days the receptionst threw a cup of coke over me..this hotel is going to be on bbc in january called holiday hits a must watch i think

Room Tip: there isnt any good rooms here
    Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    12  Thank trudles11
    Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

A friend (28) and I (20) booked this hotel for a weeks girly holiday as she went there 2 years ago for her honeymoon and returned with a lovely experience! We arrived in the evening to hear that the only room they had was one with a broken toilet, no clean bed sheets and no spare pillows! As soon as we checked in the receptionist showed us to the room and was touching us inappropriately in the first 10mins of being there! We had one night then an the next day heard it all from others that were staying about how the manager had run off so the hotel was bankrupt, passports and money stolen, no alcohol, same food as day before, bleach in the pool, drinks getting spiked... As to the hotel not suppose to be running the water and electric kept getting turned on and off! We then saw our "rep" who said there was nothing he could do about it. So after a number of angry calls to our agents we got transferred thankfully and spent the rest of our amazing holiday in Art Hotel!! I wouldn't wish a enemy to stay here!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends