“Great Views”

Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Utrecht
“Great Views”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute. Is an allinclusive basis hotel. Saturday 25th August for 1 week.

Arrived late evening, was given a dull room with bad electricity(lights not working), and extremely noisy airconditioning.

Next day upgraded to a seaview room. Was 10 euros a day extra and worth every cent. Room was newly refurbished, had a balcony and the most amazing view imaginable.

restaurant was large open and bright. meals were excellent with a wide variety that was well cooked and nicely presented. had a slad bar that had a huge choice and the salad itself was fresh and very tasty. Every evening was a chef cooking live, either some fish or meat.

Pool was too small for the number of people who were there and not helped when the Dutch think its ok for them all to get in the pool with their inflatable beds at the same time.

Hotel is about 2 kms from Bodrum centre. Take a taxi - about 5 euros, or the local bus - about 1 euro(stops right outside the hotel).

The hotel was very clean. The staff polite and well presented. Waiters dressed in white shirt and pants.

Hotel has three speciality restaurants. Italian, Turkish and Fish. Italian was very good. Turkish ok. Didn t go to Fish. Food is included in your deal, but drinks are extra. Lovely location with amazing views to sea. Nice to have waiter service for a change instead of the open buffet.

A very nice week.

Room Tip: get a sea view room - no doubt.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nairb1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed at this hotel in June and I must say, it was the best choice we made. It's situated very near to bodrum centre, and buses pass by the hotel every 10mins.. Friendly staff. One Yunis a hotelier was very friendly and professional. Our housekeeper that I didn't get her name, was always charming. The food was awesome, we had lots of selection from the buffet. Actually, my fiancé gained 3kgs for the period of 10 nights that we stayed there. The entertainment by the pool side in the evenings, kept us very busy..apart from the spa, that felt like I had been ripped off, everything else was great!! Will surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Caroline G
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived at about 3 in the morning and a member of staff took our luggage to the room for us. we requested a room with a sea view and didn't get this, but you can't blame the hotel for that as we asked to change rooms and they did not have any available with a sea view. I was a bit worried before we went when reading the reviews about nearby building work and the hotel being dirty etc but we didn't agree with these reviews at all when we got back as the building work didn't affect us at all! The views from the top bar were unreal, felt like I was in the Caribbean! The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is there is not much choice for alcoholic drinks around the pool in the daytime basically only lager. The best parts of the holiday were the amazing friendly staff, the nice town nearby and the views! Overall a great holiday and would definitely go back!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank HarrietWard
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hi me and my significant other stead at this hotel for two weeks all inc. The hotel is kept very clean although the all inc concept is REALLY BAD. The food is really NOT GOOD you get a chaos of salad... salad or a sing that says grounded and pounded meat still don't no what this was. All so there is a lot of food recycling in this hotel if not eaten for launch it comes back out for diner. Beware there is some hidden cost in the hotel like 4 lira for fresh juice when you get it from the juice machine for free. Don't use the shop in the hotel there's a shop just five min walk away and is allot cheaper. The all inc food stops at 9 o'clock then you have two pay for it. BEWARE when you go two pay fore your food they never have the right chance and try to charge it two your room MAKE SURE to get a recite with the brice in lira on it as reception will try two OVER CHARGE YOU as they add 17.5% on every thing. They tried to charge me 72 lira for a 38 lira bill and all so the pricing is very unclear in the restraint and the night club as there is only numbers on the menus no euro or lira sing like some other brats of the hotel. No we will not be recommending this hotel as all they want is your money. Bodrum is lovely though a little pricey. We found that going in to gumbit it's a lot cheaper. MISTRAL is one of many restrunts in gumbit the food is fantastic you can get a full english for 7.50 lira our a 20-22 oz porterhouse steak with all the trimmings 24 lire. There are 4 set menus like. Soup or G Mushrooms any 14-16 oz steak + trimmings bottle of wine Large beer or soft drinks + tea coffee or apple tea 25 lira each as in bodrum you will pay a lot more.

Sally & Mark.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark A
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I booked this hotel as a last minute holiday for my wife and I with Thomas Cook and it was our first all-inclusive holiday, as we’ve been travelling to the Far East & Australia for the last 8 years, although we are familiar with Bodrum because of several holidays in the area in the past. Knowing the area, we were keen to have access to transport into town and we were pleasantly surprised to find the dolmus stopped outside the hotel door!

Nice big and airy reception staffed every time I passed with helpful English speaking staff. We were led to our room on arrival by a porter, which is a good job because its a bit of of a maze until we got used to it.

The room was small by any standards – I think this is the smallest hotel room I’ve ever had, but having said that everything we wanted was in the room, so no hardship. Bathroom was excellent with soap, shampoo etc. There was a balcony with seats and a drying line Room was made up every day. The only thing I could have wished for is a kettle and coffee.

I only went to the pool a couple of times because I didn’t like the area. To me it felt too crowded and the pool was too small for the number of people in the hotel. I found the beach a lot better for sunbathing, and we could watch the boats coming and going from Bodrum. The beach has sunbeds with cushions (the pool area has sunbeds with no cushions), a small bar which bought drinks round the beach from time to time. Although the beach was rocky immediately below the tide line, two tracks had been cleared through the rocks so you can walk into the sea.

All meals were served in the main restaurant. Lots of choice of salads and cold food for breakfast, lunch & dinner but not always a great choice of warm food for any meal, although we managed to eat fairly well most days. It did get a bit monotonous by the end of two weeks though. There’s a snack bar by the pool, which we only went to once, which serves food when the main restaurant is closed. There is also an ‘A La Carte’ restaurant, where the food also comes as part of the all inclusive but drinks are extra. In my opinion, the food is not much better and the choice is limited.

Generally, a good hotel for what we wanted, which was to relax in the sun for two weeks and buy the local goods. There’s not a great choice of food, but you can always go to one of the many restaurants in Bodrum. It’s 4 star rating is a bit ambitious, but we have been spoilt by hotels in the far east for the last few years. Would I go back? I don’t think so.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jamesdwilson
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was our fourh holiday in Turkey and the first using the Forever Club. It was adverised as 4 star plus and the reviews looked ok so it was booked for a week at the begining of July 2012 for my wife and I. Before I start this review I am not a hotel inspector or travel writer just someone who exspects to get a the services and standards that have been advertised and paid for
On arrival we were met by friendly staff who took us to our room, just as well as the place is like a rabbits warren on several levels and two lifts to get to our allocated room. We had paid the extra £80 for a sea view room and it was just as well as some of the rooms were stuck down corridors with a view onto a wall or no windows. The room was small but clean and we were glad to see the air con. This was swithed on, as it was in the 40s outside, and I'm sorry to say that an asthmatic hamster would have done a better job than this thing. We did n't mention this to reception as we thought the likley hood of a new one was slim.
Off we went to explore our hotel and as it was early and breakfast was being served thats where we went. The dining room is large and there were plenty of staff on hand. The first one that meets you is the guy doing the fresh orange juice, with a big notice charging you 2 Euro a glass .We passed on that and headed for the buffet breakfast. There was the usual cold meat, cheese and salad stuff but if you don't like that there is very little else. We spent the week eating pancakes and coffee for breakfast. Things could only get better at lunch time.
The sun was up so we set off to the pool. From the brochure the pool area looks ok but it's far to small for the size of the hotel. There were never enough loungers or parasols and if you are not down early forget it. The pool gets very crouded and the parasols were at a premium due to the heat. If you got a parasol you had to check it was working as most were damaged with metal rods sticking out at head hight or they just would n't stay open because the catch was broken. The pool staff did try to made running repairs but this did n't always work. The main sport for us at the pool was watching the other guests nick one and others parasols and sunbeds. We would try the beach next time.
It was now lunch time and off we set. Again plenty of staff and an ok selection of food ranging from soup to salad stuff. There was always something to choose even if it was a bit bland and safe. But if you did n't like the look of it at lunch time don't worry you would see it again at tea time in some other form, with a sauce or veg, as we were to find out.
There is a pool side bar serving drinks and snacks, as advertised.This was only soft drinks, water and beer. They also serve burgars, hotdogs and chips, fine for a mid afternoon snack. The only problem with the pool bar was the lack of basic hygene. The staff at the pool and beach are all very young a don't clean up. For safety reasons the hotel use plastic beakers at the pool side and not once did we see these being washed out using anything other than cold running water. The work surfaces were also treated to the same and it was common practice for the staff to havd over drinks holding the cups at the top with their hands on the rim of the cup.
That night we went for diner and again as advertised your staff would bring drinks to your table. This is the case but if you can get more that two drinks with your evening meal then your a better man than me. Once you get the first drink the staff ignore you and it then becomes a game to attracked their attention. My wife did manage to get a glass of Rose wine one night with her meal but thats an other story. The other issue with meal times was the state of the the plates. They were damaged ,chipped and cracked, and usually had food debris stuck to them. So before you got you meal you would have to pick through the pile of plates to get a clean and undamaged one. Then the food itself. This was lunch time left overs or a turkey dish. No I don't mean local Turkish food I mean turkey. It was on the menu every night, turkey with veg, turkey kebabs or turkey tandoori. Come on what about some of the local food that Turkey does so well.
The second day of the hoilday started with a lovely day and after the first day at the pool we went to the beach. This was much better, more beds and parasols and not as buisy. The only issue is it a man made beach and they have used a mix of cat litter, builders sand and grit. Not too nice to walk on or when the wind get up you end up looking like the sand man from the Spiderman movie.
At night you can go to the main lounge on the third floor so dressed in our glad rags thats where we headed. Remember the Rose wine well this is where we pick up on that. I got my usual half pint of Efes and my wife asked for her wine. The barman served my beer then proceeded to but a dash of red wine into a glass and top it up with white wine. He then handed her the glass with a smile on his face and said" Rose". It would appear it's not only the handbags that are fake in Turkey.
The worst was yet to come for us. We booked the on site Turkish Baths. The guy started at 200 Turkish Lira but we got it for 120 Turkish Lira. When we got into the sauna the slats on the benches were all broken and when we did find a seat to our horror there was what appeared to be a sheet of asbestos being used as a heat shield between the heating unit and the wood clad walls. Not good.
With all the hazards of the restuarant we used the local bars in nearby Bodrum and found the food and drinks much better. A bit of a issue when you have paid ALL INCLUSIVE.
As we were a late fligh(0620) we would need a late check out so at the begining of the week we contacted the reception and were told this wolud be ok but come back on the morning of checkout. So as insructed I did so and the nice young lady at the reception told me this would not be possible and we would have to vacate our room at 1200 noon and with a collection time of 0300 we were faced with a 15 hour wait hanging about. She appeared to care less about this and it was only when pushed she allowed us to keep a towel each and we were told to use the showers in the Turkish Baths, in with the asbestos again. Left with no other option this is what we had to do.
I feel I have to say something good about our stay at the Forever Club. It realy handy for the town centre of Budrum becuase thats where you will spend most of your time.
This is by no was a 4 star plus hotel and its all inclusive in the losest terms. The rooms are small but clean however the bars are not.
Thomas Cook shame on you.

Room Tip: sea view rooms only if you must go.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david p
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Went to Forever Club in Mid July, really good stay! Without being picky, I'll give an honest review. Food was good. Breakfast (7.30- 10.30) lacked choice, I opted for the lovely home made pancakes for the duration of my stay. Always a grilled meat option for lunch (12.30- 2.30) and tea (7.30- 10.00) which varied from chicken, kebab meat (yum), fish, burger and steaks. Always a rice, pasta and, usually, chips option. Other dishes varied from meat with a different sauce to cooked vegetables. There was also a great choice of salad. Pudding, as always when abroad, was rubbish. As a Scot, I love some hearty chocolate pudding and stodgy cake. There was a fruit option of peaches, plums, and both water and cantaloupe melon which was tasty and healthy! Although I, latterly, grew bored of the food, don't worry as there is a beautiful Italian A la cart restaurant on the 4th floor which we occupied a couple of times, even though it lasted around 2 hours.
Hygiene in the room was brilliant, no complaints. We were extremely unfortunate in the situation of our room, as it was right beneath the pool area where the entertainment occurred at night time, equalling loud noise!
The entertainment wasn't the best, we went a few times but it lacked humour. At least it was voiced in English... Leading on to my next point....other holiday goers from places such as Russia and Ukraine were extremely rude, skipping the lines and overall very bad mannered. British people are very much in the minority but when you hear another British accent you feel a sense of togetherness, even if you don't talk to them!
Centre of Bodrum was about 5 minutes in the local Dolmush or a taxi, both were reasonably priced, but not the comfiest! Also was to far to walk, especially in the 40+ degree heat!
I would recommend you to visit Bodrum, swim in the sea, go out for a meal and experience the market which gives you brilliant clothes at a fairly reasonable price!

Room Tip: High floor! Get away from the horrible noise!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#15 of 97 in Bodrum City
The Marmara, Bodrum
The Marmara, Bodrum
#6 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Forever Club? Share your experiences!