“Beautiful location, lovely location, friendly staff. Nearly killed me.”
Review of Ersan Resort & Spa

Ersan Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited Ersan Resort and Spa with my boyfriend from the 24th of June to the 4th of July. The holiday started off as absolutely fantastic, great food, amazing animation team, Yusuf was lovely, the rooms were lovely and we even made friends with the photographers! However, me and my boyfriend decided to swim out to one of the blue floats (which to be honest we're quite far out). On returning me and my boyfriend got separated whilst I was swimming on my back, and a ship had driven past. The waves caused were horrendous and I started having trouble swimming, I have asthma so fighting against the waves throwing me above and under was really hard work, I started screaming for help, my boyfriend was trying to reach me but the waves were too much for him too. The lifeguard flag indicated a lifeguard was on duty, but there was no lifeguard that jumped in to help me!!! I eventually had no more energy and went under for what I thought was my last seconds when a very very kind man jumped in and had come to help me, when he pulled me up from the water and towards the shore I was coughing and spluttering absolutely exhausted. He pulled me up to the decking and my whole body was shaking and I had to take my asthma pump continuously. The holiday was ruined I refused to go near the sea for the rest of the stay. I would not fault Ersan except for this horrible experience in which NO LIFEGUARD was on duty!!!!! Even though the flag said that he was! I made complaints to reception and guest relations and all they could do was say they sympathised with me, I honestly believe if that man had not jumped in to save me I would be dead. Everything except this experience in the hotel was lovely. Please please be careful in the sea as no help will be available to you!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,679)

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 2 x Superior Rooms from 12th to 26th August with my family of five.

Positives:

Hotel is in a great spot on shores of Aegean Sea.
Quality accomodation and hotel is spotless
Water Park is fantastic for kids and adults alike.
Food is of a good quality
Animation Team work hard
Staff work hard
Special mention to Ferhat in Pruna Bar. One of the nicest guys and bar staff we have ever met. My youngest boy Oscar (who had two days in hospital) took a real shine to him and Ferhat constantly asked after him whilst he was at hospital.
Great view from room (6144 and 6145)
Water sports were excellent if a little expensive.
Pruna bar is fantastic place to drink and watch the sunset
Bus service outside hotel cheap and frequent.
The grounds are lovely and the whole place is like a lovely little village
Golf cart to take you round the resort (should work past 9pm though)

Negatives:

Very isolated - nowhere to go for a nice walk
Too many children cutting their toes on loose/missing pool tiles
Everything seems geared towards the French - mini disco, quiz at Pruna bar etc. the French aren't particularly friendly either.
Reception staff aren't too friendly and some don't speak great English

Overall a great holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at the Ersan from 5th August 2013 for 2 weeks, what a lovely hotel and so many friendly people, except for some of the French!!. We had booked a Superior room which was just fantastic with beautiful sea views. Would recommend to pay a bit extra for these rooms. Guest relations in the hotel were very helpful especially as i had my birthday while i was away. Nicola our rep was great and helpful. Food was out of this world and plenty of it. Animation team.... well what can i say , they all work so hard and are a great team, especially Ferhat, Joseph, Dennis, and Elodie. Will miss them very much especially Ferhat who made our stay and my sons stay even more memorable. Thank you Ersan

Room Tip: Pick a Superior Room although is a way up but good for walking.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Ersan for 11 days in August 2013. We had booked for 7 nights then extended our stay for 3 additional nights.

We stayed in the superior rooms and they were spacious, calm and always meticulously clean.

The staff at the reception spoke English, French and Arabic. They were always very helpful and welcoming.

The bar tenders and waiters were always smiling and helpful especially the waiters at the garden during dinner even given the rush and some very demanding guests. The Turca restaurant manager during lunchtime is very efficient and ensures that everyone is served on time.

The resort has too many areas satisfying all people's likes and moods. There were calm areas especially by the sea side. More active and fun areas around the main pool and waterpark (which is a very entertaining park even for adults!). The team responsible for the entertainment (whether French or Turkish) are doing an awesome job during the day and night to entertain guests (mainly kids but adults as well). Every morning the entertainment staff greet all the guests which is a very kind gesture!

The food was excellent and provided options for people with different diets. There were sections for light food and for vegeterians.

The hotel is far from the center and hence overlooks a wide area of the sea. Despite it being away from the town, the bus station is conveniently at the door of the hotel and there are always waiting buses so we never had to wait to go to town. It's almost like taking a cab to town :)

The guest relations staff are great and Gokcehan is AWESOME and her welcoming at our arrival was the very first good impression we had about Ersan.

One last note, the hairdressers at the beauty salon are extremely good but the salon itself needs some modernization and neatness.

I definitely recommend the resort and i would definitely book in it the next time i visit Bodrum.

As a final note to guests, don't be rude and snobbish to the staff and you'll receive a great service and consequently a great vacation.

1  Thank Maya S
Ersan R, Guest Relations Manager at Ersan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

It was a great pleasure to learn that we were able to create an enjoyable and convenient stay for you.

We look forward to welcome you again in our resort.

with Kind Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Currently sitting in the lobby of the hotel enjoying a cocktail and thought I would use the Wifi and write a quick report now as things are fresh in our minds.
The hotel is set in the most beautiful surroundings of crystal blue waters and mountains.
All the staff we have met have been very polite attentive and have a good sense of humour.
The food has been delicious,we have eaten only in the main restaurant though so cannot comment on the Al la Carte.
There is something for all ages here and everyone can be spread out over the hotel grounds it always feels like you have your own space if you need it.
Our room was adequate in size to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children and has been kept very clean with fresh linen and towels changed whenever you ask.
Bodrum was very easy to visit via the dolmas running every 10 mins from the hotel,market day was Tues very busy but we also went Sat and things were quieter.
The slides at the Aqua park are very good with a ride to suit all from the very nervous to the thrill seeker.It would be wise to invest in some swim shoes as splinters could be a problem but care just needs to be taken and rather than rely on lifeguards who are mostly observant you need to watch your children too.
Basically to sum things up we are having a wonderful holiday and would definately return I just wish we could bottle the views so we can take it home with us.

2  Thank cathgordon

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at Ersan spa resort for 5 nights on an all inclusive deal and absolutely loved it there. Staff, service, food and atmosphere was amazing! I would highly recommend and visit again! Beautiful views, lovely lobby area. I really liked the coffee area facing the sea. The kids loved every minute of their holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive feedback, which is our goal to achieve.

It was a pleasure for us having you as a guest.

Hope to see you soon again.

Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Fantastic holiday,for all ages of the family. Food excellent, pools and views lovely. Staff very friendly. Decking area around the pools a bit dodgy and slippy so just warn the kids not to run !!!!! Only gripe, they need some shading around the childrens pool, there were no umbrella's. Lovely room and bathroom, maid service excellent. Overall a brilliant family holiday,something for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Ersan R, Guest Relations Manager at Ersan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We have taken all the neccessary steps of your review.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards