“Full to capacity!”

Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have just returned from a ten day holiday, 10 of us in total in 4 rooms. Each room could not have been further apart and were very basic to say the least. We had to get up before 5.45 am each morning to have even a remote chance of a sunbed, let alone one each! Supper was a scrum and we only ate together once, apart from the a la carte restaurant and, yet again, had to join the queue before 8.30 am to get a chance of a booking. If we went to supper later, the staff started clearing away the food about 9.15 pm even though it was supposed to be served until 9.30 pm. There were not enough tables for a relaxing drink afterwards, unless you wanted to make the trek up to the bar by the slide pool. The entertainment team were absolutely dreadful. We have done several all inclusive holidays in Turkey and this was by far the worst ... suggest they visit Letoonia hotels to see how it is done properly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joepups
Write a ReviewReviews (2,640)

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and friends. 10 of us in total. We were allocated rooms close together which we requested. And the rooms were stunning!!! Ceiling to floor windows in all bedrooms overlooking the sea. The staff were excellent. Manager couldn't do enough for you. Hotel very clean.
Food! As with all AI I found it quite repetitive and felt it could be warmer.
Entertainment: fab fab fab. All kids of all ages joined in. As we travelled in oct weather was turning but entertainment took our minds off that.
Location: ok so it's a bit out of things but the buses are never ending turning at this hotel.
If your thinking of booking this hotel. Give it a go.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank lynny79
Reviewed July 22, 2013

i loved this hotel me and my sister went she was 21 and i 26 loads to do you never went hugry the resturant does get very bizzy best time to go is 8.30 limited spaces outside to eat which is wear mostly the people that smoke sit,load to do at this hotel all staff are very friendly speak quite good english although there were not very many english people here when we went last week,rooms were lovely just the right size air con in rooms,you also do not need to take towels as there is a service where you get given a towel card on check in and you use this everyday,the spa is highley recommended we used on the first day which is also recommened,animation team were lovely great shows and games any info ask these guys more then happy to help you,this hoilday was the best i have ever had and would deffiently go back here i didnt even want to come home,make sure you get jayjay to take your photos they are amazing and so worth the money,paradise found do diving and a boat trip to the caves this is a must if you go,also you will be asked by animation to go to white house which is in bodrum this is a must also if your youngish as its a bar/club - miss all you guys thanks for a fantatstic hoilday :)

Room Tip: the club rooms are quite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank laurenclaire186338
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a week from the 15th July 2013. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who offered us food and drinks, although we had arrived at 3am after a long travel from Glasgow, they still insisted it was no problem! On our first day we had a lovely welcome from Lisa our Thomas Cook rep who helped us out with any questions and shared her local knowledge as it was our first trip to Bodrum. Everything she told us was very accurate and was a great help. Marco from the spa also introduced himself on the first day and explained to us the benefits of a turkish baths and bronzing oils massages, he gave us a very reasonable price and I have no regrets. The spa treatment took us straight to heaven! Throughout our stay he still spoke to us which was nice as it showed they weren't just out for your money then move on to the next couple! He also shared his Scottish humour which was hilarious as his english language skills were amazing! We also had a lovely cleaner on the 4th floor called Fatma, she was such a kind woman and left our room immaculate every day, she even arrived one morning with a bunch of flowers for my girlfriend! The entertainment was also good as there was a beach bar every night you could have drinks served by the hilarious Ali. There was also a man who played guitar there who was actually very talented not like other hotels where the singing or instrumentals can be poor! The animation team were also very good with Vika, Ira & Akash all very entertaining and spoke outstanding english! The food was also very good and meals were available almost 24/7. There were also restaurants you could choose from to eat at each night to have a change from the main restaurant which was just another one of the amazing perks of this resort. There was plenty of activities available all day everyday with a very good water sports centre by the beach where you could go scuba diving for a day on a gorgeous boat, parasailing, banana boat or hire a jet ski. down by the water sports centre there was also a massive decking area with sunbeds readily available for you to relax and enjoy the views of the crystal clear sea water which was just gorgeous. All in I had an amazing stay and will definitely be returning next year as I don't see what else you could possibly need for the perfect holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank iGrantty
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Firstly to give you some background this holiday had to be special for me as i took my girlfriend and 6 kids (from ages 16 months to 12 and it was all of there first times abroad so we wanted to make memories!) My mother and her best pal and her 14 year old daughter also went.
After having read some of of the other reviews i'm not sure i was at the same place, so i double checked and either people are very negative and pedantic or this place has had massive improvements.My particular room had two seperate rooms and balconys and one toilet decked out in marble! The beds were hard but really comfy and the room came with great aircon and a fridge!! The bathroom had bottles of Dove shower gel and Shampoo and conditioner and the maid changed the sheets and made sure we had plenty of towels daily!!
My only real critisism of the place was the stairs and hills inside the resort but being 29 i dont think this bothered me it could have been tiring for elderly folks.The main hill takes you to the entertainment ampithetre and water park and even tho im complaining it cant be all that bad as i made the journey for the hotel entertainment every single night, even on the last night when my bus was leaving at 12am!!
Onto the food and drink. The food and drinks were fantastic, high quality beer and all the big plenty different spirits and a large list of cocktails and when i say cocktails i mean real ones for example the mojitos had the sugar syrup and fresh mint leaves which i find unusual on all inclusives having been to plenty
Usually when i go on all inclusive holidays i pretty much avoid the in house entertainment being a Professional Dj and promoter at home i find myself sitting picking holes in the setup much to the annoyance of my friends and relatives, but this time having taken the kids the option of outside partying had been put to the side and what can i say i was majorely impressed!!!
The way in works in this hotel is there was a group of people called "The animation team" i think there were about 12-14 of them with a manager called gino who seemed to speak about 4 languages so all nationalities always knew what was going on, and what a job they did!! They were resposible for ALL entertainments and we were never short of things to do. The best thing was they were amazing at getting people involved but not to pushy which you sometimes find. Only once did they try to sell me anything and a simple no thanks sufficed.
The entertainment started at 11ish in the mornin with pool games and stuff like crazy darts and water polo for adults and kids, beach volleyball and air rifle and archery. There was always something to do, all my kids made really good friends with the team and were always involved one night they even took all my kids away to rehearse to be part of a sketch in the main comedy show! The team went right out there way to make my shyer kids get involved too and i felt 100% comfortable knowing they were safe with the team.The pool games and sports go on to dinner time then theres a break to 9pm where every night in the ampithertre which is a 5 minute walk from the main reception there is a kids disco, 4 members of the animation team go on stage and all the kids go up and do the actions to the same songs every night like the hokey cokey. This may sound boring but it gives the kids a chance to learn the dances and all of my kids and it seems everyone elses loved this! To give you an idea of how good this animation team is one night during the show my baby started crying and as my mrs went to take her outside one of them came right over and offered to take the baby out and settle her so as not to make my other half miss the show. This really touched us and we thought it was over and above what they had to do!
The nightly show was really varied and most nights had a lot of audience participation, usually you wouldnt get me near the stage but being there with 6 kids who loved seeing dad make a fool of himself!! every time they were choosing a volunteer all my kids screamed so loud i ended up on the stage 3 times :D once dressed as a woman, once belly dancing also dressed as a woman and once with my mrs in a couple competition! It was actually great fun and the fantastic atmosphere made it alot less embarassing. The other shows without audience participation were also really well thought out and there was something for everyone!! All in all i would go as far as saying because i was there for the kids the animation team and entertainment pretty much made my kids holiday. At the end of each show the team invited to you to go to a disco in Bodrum centre which would have cost extra but we just went to the disco inside the resort which was excellent too. My mother watched the kids for me a few nights to allow me and my other half to sample the cocktails and disco.
So to sum up the hotel was lovely, The food was great, You could get something to eat 24 hours a day including a rotteserie chicken bar and various buffets and al a carte resturaunts! The breakfast selection and fruit are the nicest i have tasted! there is an actual waterpark with 6 or so flumes! The animation team and entertainment was near perfect! i personally couldnt have made it any better myself and well worth the 5 minute nightly walk, If you didnt fancy this there was live music in other parts and bars with background music if you wanted to chill. You are a stones throw from the beach and the most crystal clear water i have ever seen! And your are only 10=15 minutes to central bodrum which is only 3 euros on the dolmush bus! All in all a true 5 star holiday and i sincerely hope i will make it back to see the friends i made with the staff sooner rather than later! A brilliant holiday which my whole party thoroughly enjoyed!! will defo be back! Go and give it a try!!!!!

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra to be in the main building as the other ones are a little walk away. Make s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Sandy_H8467
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The overall holiday for 4 was very enjoyable. The site is really quite large and getting about involves lots of steps and steep hilly paths which in mid day sun is arduous! The food was varied and tasty, lots of choice, no going hungry. The main restaurant gets very busy at meal times and picking a table under the air con vent was a must. Mustafa in the Cafe Turk was a pleasure and ensured we had a plentiful supply of drinks and nibbles. The only down side to this resort is the age old problem of "reserving sun beds" with towels. Finding a free sun bed at the beach, pool or aqua park after 9.30am was an impossibility, leaving you to either use the grass areas or wait til much later in the day. We had a Turkish Bath which was brilliant fun, kids loved it. We also had some photos of the children taken, not cheesy ones which you don't really want to spend your money on, but close ups in black and white. Turkey seem geared up for the Euro so don't think you need to take local currency. We would go back again but later in the year so a little cooler. On the whole I'd recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms on the Amphitheatre side, it's too noisy for any sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank carole h
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in the main building, after reading many review we were hopeful about the size and the quality of these rooms, we were bitterly disappointed. Stained carpets, small rooms, didn't restock the mini bar properly. However, it was one of our groups birthdays during our stay, and they made lots of effort in the room that day with flower petals and a bottle of wine. So overall the room was mediocre, needs an update if I'm honest.

Service in the a'la carte's were excellent!! All very accommodating - however don't expect to be able to have your 3 goes in all restaurants, we only managed 2 as the international gets booked quickly - so do that as soon as possible and don't leave it till the end of the week like our group.

As for the buffet, I wouldn't say it's a nice experience, little varying choice every day, and a bit of a free-for-all experience with the tables, nothing is reserved, so you're lucky if you sit outside. Also, when they clean up the food, they bring round these trolley things and scrape all the slop into it, it is actually revolting if you're still eating your meal. The waiters will not go and get you drinks unless its dinner time, and even then it depends on which waiter is on which section.

The pools are also ok, if you want a relaxing holiday experience these pools are not for you! Very busy during the day, with kids jumping in constantly, and games being played. The towel situation isn't good either, unfortunately there is not enough sun beds to go around everyone, which means you have to get up at 6am to get a sun lounger and place your towels down! But don't expect the towels to stay there! There's been a few incidents of people taking other people's sunbeds and stealing extra towels, so it's a bit of a funny system.

Pro's of the holiday include the views, they were incredible! And the spa on sight! I'd suggest everyone to get the Turkish massage!! Bodrum locally is very easy to get to on the dolmabus for about £3 return, although a strange experience nevertheless fun. Went to the bazaar, bartering is is very fun with the sellers, if they're nice. They can be rude though sometimes if you say no, but just ignore it and walk away.

• Stayed: July 2013