“Magnificent Cozy Oasis”

El Vino Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My friend and I stayed at El Vino for 4 nights at the end of September/early October. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by the staff and the hotel manager, Mr. Deniz Kiraz. Mr Kiraz kindly sat with us the afternoon of our arrival to help assist with suggestions on what to do during our stay in Bodrum.

The location was wonderful. It was a comfortable walk just far enough away from the noise and craziness of the tourist areas to feel like a relaxing get away. Our favorite part of the day was to return from our day away for the 5 pm coffee time. We would relax near the pool or under the canopy with a cup of tea/coffee and cake and regroup. Several times we were joined by the manager, Mr. Kiraz, to tell him where we went and get suggestions for the next day.

The rooms were comfortable. The flowers on our bed were a lovely welcoming touch. The hotel was cute, quiet and welcoming. The pool area was a lovely area to sit, relax and read at the end of our long days touring.

On our first evening in Bodrum my Cash Card was swallowed by an ATM machine on the street. It was so upsetting as this was my only way to take out cash for the balance of my trip. The next morning I went to the hotel office to ask for help. The manager, Deniz, called someone he knew at the bank and arranged for them to retrieve my card from the machine. Later that day he personally drove me to the bank to get my card! Without this card the rest of my trip to Turkey would have been a disaster! He was really a hero in my eyes! I am not sure that I would have gotten this personal attention and service anywhere else.

The entire staff was so pleasant, friendly, and accomodating. It felt like home away from home. We hated leaving this lovely hotel.

There are newer reviews for El Vino Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 16, 2009

A group of five couples stayed here as we met to go on a small yacht cruise of the Greek Isles. It is amazing to me that you can be in the miidle of Bodrum and and not notice anything but the gardens, rooms and the pool area. The service was outstanding. Sometimes we had some problems with English being understood, but we worked it out. While I didn't eat in thier resturant for dinner my wife did, and reported back to me it was great. (I was in bed thinking I was sick).Over all I would highly recomend the El Vino as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I am happy to confirm all the good reviews about this hotel. Great great price/value ratio.

Starting from the super kind hotel staff, ready to accomodate our requests at any time. The hotel feels cozy and familiar, very clean and full of green and trees, it's an autentic oasis in town.

We got the room ' sauvignon blanc ' and we had a beautiful view of the town, sea and swimming pool.

Great breakfast, and great restaurant in the terrace.
I loved the H&G organic Cabernet Sauvignon made specially for El Vino.

The flaws? As soon as you exit the hotel you find yourself in a non friendly environment with aggressive and dangerous drivers, in fact you have to walk a very trafficated road to get to town. And seriously, people don't know how to drive there, it's definitely dangerous. This is not part of the hotel though...
However you are in Bodrum, so besides this annoying 10 minutes walk to the seaside promenade, you can enjoy the entertainings of the city.

Other little issue: the pool and jacuzzi, the pool was cold and the jacuzzi only barely heated, and being in October, it was too chilly.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cat3appr
Reviewed October 12, 2009

What is nice about the El Vino is that it is very quiet, has a lovely pool, and has breakfast included in a poolside setting. The view from the rooftop (restaraunt) is spectacular and you must go up there especially at sunset. We were able to get a non-smoking room however the room had a very strong flowery perfume smell to it (I am very sensitive to odors). Our room was right outside the pool which was lovely yet still very quiet and private. At first we were concerned with the proximity of the hotel, but this was not a problem at all. We actually enjoyed the easy 7-8 minute walk into town going by the local businesses and seeing the local people. Bodrum is a very safe town.

The negatives of El Vino are that the bathroom is very small with a barely standing room shower and hardly room for toiletries. Most annoying was that we often didn't have hot water and when we did, it was never enough for a shower (it always ran out, even for a short one). The beds are not very comfortable and in our room they put the beds together to make a queen or king and it was really 2 twins put together so it had a wooden bar down the middle. The staff did a lovely job making up our room and decorating our bed with bouganvilla blooms every night which was a lovely touch.

I would recommend it as a good value for the area as there appear to be many dive hotels in Bodrum however if you could afford the Marmara that is what our local guides say is the best hotel. I would recommend El Vino for the price range in Bodrum as there are other places in the same price range that are much worse from talking to other tourists.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mom_of_3_travel_enuf
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Situated in nice quiet area, a ten minute walk from the beach, catamaran and halikarnas (the 2 biggest night clubs in bodrum). This cozy hotel offers excellent food, spacious comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. I've stayed there for four nights and I have to say I've never been better served. The restaurant has an excellent view of bodrum and they have their own organic wine. I would definitely recommend for a romantic trip, family vacation or a small group of friends.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at el Vino and were very pleased with every aspect. It is the most green hotel I have seen in Bodrum; such a lovely contrast to the hot August weather. There are less than 20 rooms and the pool is never crowded. AT night we were sitting in teh little tents by the pool and noone was there. Totally romantic!

Our standard room was decorated with fresh flowers every day and everything was super clean and visually impeccable. And the restaurant on top floor has an amazing view. The hotel has been made with a lot of attention to detail. We were very surprised the quality we get for the low price. Overall, a big recommendation. We want to go back if we visit the area again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I loved this place! The room was beautiful, spacious and clean. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The pool area was gorgeous and surrounded by comfortable cabanas. The location was close to the center of town, but removed enough to be peaceful at night. The rooms were quiet, making it easy to sleep. The food at the hotel was tasty. Everything was perfect. I want to return soon!

1  Thank LeilaA