“great”

Antique Theatre Hotel
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I stayed here for a few days with friends and it was great... the owner was amazing, the view was fantastic and especially at night time.... I love Bodrum.... Ive been there twice now and can't wait to go back

Room Tip: All rooms are cute
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey D

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at here with a group of friends... the hotel had a beautiful relaxing feel, with a great pool area, and the rooms were clean.
Just a short 10 minute stroll into town was very easy, and downhill (then we would get a 10TL taxi back)
We would certainly return!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank HT7485
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent two nights here - great pool, standard breakfast. If you want to eat here stick with the fish and seafood. My husband ordered the ribeye for dinner and it was fatty and chewy and quite awful. My muscles and octopus leg were very tasty. Keep away from meat even though they tout as a 'steakhouse'.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sablehat
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this hotel, owners very attentive as were staff. Rooms are good but baths can be small, but value is exceptional. The pool is magnificent with great views over all of Bodrum. Would stay again and recommend to all.

Room Tip: Higher up for best views...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank chris z
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have had dozens of fine experiences thanks to TripAdvisor but what a nightmare of en experience at the Antique Theatre Hotel. I arrived yesterday and was pleasantly picked up by a car which the hotel had arranged. However, upon arrival at the desk, the hotel office/reception was closed. Finally, a man showed up (speaking minimal English, I speak no Turkish). The room he showed me was the size of a coffin, but most importantly, there was no WiFi as advertised, and no T.V. I had phoned the hotel two weeks earlier and was assured that there would be both.

Ultimately, I was given a much nicer room…but WiFi was intermittent at best (and I need it for my work). Oddly, there seem to be no other guests at all--I saw none last evening (despite dining in the restaurant!) and none this morning…NONE. Also, despite their advertisement, there was no reception desk nor any sort of tour desk. I was given zero information, no map, no suggestions. Finally last evening, the manager showed up, a very pleasant and multilingual gentleman. He told me that I should worry about internet because I was on vacation. No kidding. I was overall very uncomfortable.

This morning I went to breakfast in a room which was probably 35C/90F--very hot, with all sorts of perishable food out in the open. And by the way, still no other guests dining. I decided this morning (at 9 a.m.) that I would not stay. Then, I paid at the hotel this morning for my taxi ride to the airport. When I got to the airport, the driver insisted that I pay HIM. I couldn't exactly argue.

I should finally add, to be fair, that the hotel has lots of charm and some stunning views. The reviews for this place are excellent. I guess I just had back luck. I have stayed in many places in Turkey and never before had a negative experience.

Room Tip: Check out everything before settling in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jordon50
Zafer B, Owner at Antique Theatre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Apart from the comment regarding the manager, this review is not reflecting the actual facts in a truthful manner.
1. Since the reviewer is a regular user of trip advisor reviews, he ought to know about the dimensions of our rooms which are not particularly large, and upon which guests have often commented, while finding them, none the less, fairly comfortable and well endowed.
2. Except in the suites, no room is endowed with TV. That we had assured this guest regarding TV in the room is simply NOT TRUE!
3. Because at check in he insisted on having TV in the room, our staff moved him to a junior suite at NO additional cost, just to make him happy..
4. Regarding the WIFI issue: When I was informed about the internet connection problem he was facing, I immediately checked the internet transmission relay device close to his room and found out that the cable was some what loose in the socle and, for that reason, he could not connect properly. Thus, the issue was resolved in a short while, and the guest thanked me for that.
5. The booking of this guest being for longer than 3 days, he was entitled to our complimentary airport pick up service. However, when he decided to leave Bodrum the next morning, it was only too natural that he ought to pay for the incoming airport transfer service which, otherwise, would have been free of charge. So what he paid at check out was just the cost of transfer from the airport and certainly not the taxi fare to the airport that morning. There is no free lunch as the dictum goes…
6. With regard to other people in the hotel: in actual fact, there were 7 other people dining that evening in the restaurant around the swimming pool while he had dinner. So, he was not at all alone. That he was alone the next morning while having early breakfast to get to the airport in time when other people were still in bed, has no relevance as to the service quality of the hotel.
7. An email from this gentleman received before his arrival, which is still in our archive, investigated the hotel policy regarding visitors to the room. Expectations differ. What we offer in our small boutique type property is a quiet and peaceful escape from the everyday hassle.

To cut a long story short, if this gentleman wanted to be fair, as he pretends to be in the last paragraph of his review, he should have added that he was given fair treatment, free upgrade to a jr. suite at no additional cost, and that the intermittent internet connection problem was quickly resolved to his satisfaction. In addition, he should have understood that free airport pick up is not applicable to one night stay, and that it is only normal to pay out of one’s own pocket the return taxi fare to the airport.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and spent 4 nights here recently in a Cariende Suite. The room was large and very comfortable. Although very small, the bathroom was totally functional. Views of the Aegean, the fortress and Bodrum Marina were gorgeous, the pool and surrounds are beautiful and peaceful. Don't expect the big buffet breakfast - a typical Aegean breakfast spread is on offer and is delicious. Staff and service are very good and always friendly. A perfect hotel for couples of all ages who like their 'comforts' but unsuitable for anyone who has a problem getting up or down steps. Would certainly recommend and would stay here again. Thanks again to all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helen W
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We enjoyed our eight nights at the hotel. Staff could not do enough for us and made us more than welcome. Views to die for. Excellent pool.
Bodrum has something to offer for anyone and you are in the right spot at this hotel.
If there was a drawback, the room we had, a standard room, was quite small as was the bathroom. It could do with some upgrades.
What was great was the (free) transfers to the airport in a very good car, well organised by the Hotel.
Overall we would recommend the Hotel, value for money.
Pieter and Lia