“An Oasis not to be missed”

Hotel Karia Princess
Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Be prepared to be pampered. The food preparation is excellent and the spa services (the Hamam!) are unequivocally the best in Bodrum. The pool will transport you. The clay tennis court is a find as well. A wonderful five minute walk from downtown Bodrum. A very old school experience. Quaint and elegant. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the garden side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was really a lovely hotel. We had a good stay. Especially the garden is very beautiful and wellkept.

The restaurant was better than we expected, too. The hotels in Turkey mostly have good food but they are mostly the same and you can not find the tastes of the city you stay. But in Turkey all places have their own specialities.

The restaurant of the hotel had the mezes, which Bodrum is famous for and all were very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oguzbuyuka
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Simply super be it the staff the cleanliness and the pool , was lucky enough to be upgraded to a room overlooking the lush gardens with a terrace, wish I could have stayed longer as although close from the nightliife far enough from the noise which in my view is spoiling Bodrum which in many ways is still stuck in the 80's, highly recommend the hotel as it makes a lovely walk through the narrow streets.....will be back....

Room Tip: A room with a terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank csant
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a short stay in Karia Princess hotel just a week ago.
I have found really good deal online, and after reading reviews, i just had to book it.
It was really good decision.
Hotel is in quiet area, which is really important if you want to get a good rest.
It is not that close to marina as many people imply. It is 10 minutes to the far end of marina, but then you have additional long walk towards the other end where the actual action and all shops are.
So I would recommend either taxi or the mini bus that is very frequent.
You can catch the bus just by the supermarket on the main road. It will cost 3 TL and it will take you there in no time. They run pretty much until early morning..

Back to hotel.
My room was 202 in lover ground floor near the restaurant. Room was spacious and very clean.i absolutely loved the little patio. Curved white thick brickwork with lush green in front of it. It felt cozy.
Room had fridge, safe box ( which was not bolted to anything) and all other goodies you can expect on this level. WiFi worked in the room, and on patio as well. Excellent. Shower was powerful and enjoyable.
I was particularly happy with the housekeeping staff. They are very courteous and professional. I kept finding my shirts neatly folded on the bed and everything was really perfect.
I asked for more coffee, and from then on, I had more coffee than I could ever drink.
Very pleasant people indeed.
Pool area was clean and the restaurant offered whole variety of food.
I loved the omelette they made on the spot.

All in all, this was truly nice experience and I would recommend this hotel to singles, couples or families.
If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them!

Have a good time in Bodrum!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if possible. Close to pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Milan011
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week (14 night) stay at the Karia Princess and I have been busting to write a review since we arrived (I held off just in case something went wrong but it didn't!) The hotel more than surpassed our expectations, firstly, the staff are all very professional and courteous, special mentions to Savas, Kasim and Nermin who were always polite and helpful and really enhanced our stay.

Our pool side, garden view room was a decent size, even with the extra bed for our daughter, the bathroom was also large (nice L'occitane tolietries too), the rooms were kept clean but on a few occasions cups weren't washed, which wasn't a major issue just an oversight I guess. The only problem was the bath/shower leaking, from the underneath, there was a drain in the floor but the water needed to be guided, ideally with a mop but we had to use towels after use, again not a major issue but if someone was to slip in there it could be nasty. The room also had a minibar (we ask for it to be emptied when we arrived), television (was turned on once, every channel fuzzy, we weren't using it anyway) a safe, air conditioning and tons of wardrobe and drawer space. The decor wasn't very exciting but rooms are clean, tidy and comfortable and more than adequate for a 2 week stay.

We stayed on a half board basis which was a buffet style breakfast and evening meal, the quality and choice was fantastic, however for those with limited tastes it could get repetitive on a 2 week stay. There was every vegetable and salad dish you could imagine along with soup, a selection of hot dishes and a BBQ each night, this ranged from chicken, steak, fresh fish, kebab and meatballs, all of it was delicious as were the selection of cakes and desserts. There was also a good selection at breakfast including freshly made omelettes, sausage, breads, cheeses, cold meats, olives, salads, jams, juices, tea and coffee.

Meals were served poolside, adjacent to the magnificent gardens, it really is as good as it looks in photos and smells divine, I was worried about bugs and insects as I tend to get bitten but it wasn't a problem at all. The main pool is 1.55m and kids pool is 0.45, my daughter was a little big for the kids and quickly learned to swim in the larger however wasn't able to put her feet on bottom (I barely could myself!) so parental supervision is essential! Rarely was the pool overly busy which was lovely having it ourselves on a number of occasions. There is a poolside bar (we didnt actually use it but others do) but we heard no noise in evenings despite our rooms close proximity. There are plenty of activities at the hotel to keep you entertained, a pool table, giant chess, regular chess board, foosball, ping pong table, tennis courts etc there's also a spa facility but we didn't use it.

The location of the hotel is also ideal, close enough to walk to the Marina and town and also some of the local attractions (we have a 9yr old who had no trouble with the distance even in heat), there is also a supermarket very close by (good deals on suncream). We booked most of our trips (Island stop Boat trip, Turkish Hamam and bus trip to Ephesus) online but the reception staff were great at printing details and making phonecalls with our queries. I can highly recommend all these activities and Bodrum Castle, we also visited the nearby Mausoleum and the Myndos Gate, which is literally at end of street, we spent the other days relaxing by pool or exploring the town and markets, Bodrum has a lot to offer in terms of culture, history, scenery and the Karia Princess offers the perfect contrast of relaxation and a little touch of luxury. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys great service, great food and beautiful surroundings!

Room Tip: I can recommend the ground floor pool-side rooms although these cost a little extra.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Catherine R
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was very satisfied with the hotel at our trip to Bodrum l. Both the front desk, the restaurant and the overall staff quality exceeded my expectations. The breakfast buffet is amazingly rich, you have your breakfast by the pool, the variety is great. Their dinner service is top notch and food is delicious. My only complaint is the massage service. My husband wanted to get me a massage as a gift and we booked it. First of all, the whole experience is my worst massage experience ever. ( I have been to over 60 countries and I don't remember how many times I had a massage). The facility looked very amateur. There was nobody to greet you, only the masseur. He took me to a room WITHOUT air conditioning and a proper massage table (i.e no hole for the neck/head). The music was kind of "chillout music" rather than "soothing music". The masseur gave me the previous customer's towels. (unfold, untidy and not sure if used). I told him that I wanted more concern over my back and shoulders. I specifically asked for a 50 min treatment, stating my concerned areas. He gave me a massage for 43 mins in total, nearly 20 mins to my back and legs and 20 mins to the front part which was not necessary. Due to lack of air conditioning, he was continuously perspiring and the drops of his sweat kept dripping on my face. It was disgusting. At times, he was so close that I could smell his mouth. Finally the massage was over. He asked me my opinion and I told him what I was thinking. He offered me a clay facial which I refused to accept. He tried to charge me the 60 min treatment. I wanted to use the Turkish bath and when I asked to have a new set of towels, he unwillingly went and got me a new towel set. He came inside the bath without knocking the door and he did the same when I was changing after the massage inside the massage cabin. He did not have manners in this way and to me, he was rude. His massage was ok pressure but the way he massaged my face was fatal as his hands were not soft and my face remained red for hours after the "massage". I almost ran out of that place and complained about my experience both to the front desk and the masseur. He made a symbolic discount but my overall experience was horrible. So, guys, the hotel is excellent, the rooms are nice (they use l'occitane toiletries), the food is great but THE MASSAGE IS TERRIBLE. If you want your experience to be a top-notch one, stay away from that masseur.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wanderlust_Turca
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We booked a Standard Room in the main building pool/garden view which was worth every penny. The room was huge and had a lovely view of the gardens which are very well kept. The bathroom was well appointed. The rooms were kept very clean and we had fresh towels every day. The food was delicious, we had half board which was served buffet style and there was plenty to choose from. The pool is large. We had lunch at the pool bar (you have to ask at to see the menu). The other two bars were closed when we stayed as was the Hamman. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a short walk to the Marina. For those who are less able to walk there is a taxi rank opposite the Hotel. The Dolmus buses can be picked up nearby (ask reception for directions). There is a large supermarket (Migros) opposite. The bus fares are 3tl each into the town centre one way. Taxis are about 15tl per car into town centre (one way).

We e-mailed the hotel prior to our stay and they picked us up in their minibus from Bodrum Milas Airport and took us back at the end of our stay. They make a charge for this service.

All in all a wonderful holiday. We love Bodrum and hope to return to this hotel next year.

Room Tip: Stay in the Main Building (Standard Rooms). When booking it is worth paying the extra to have a roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple