“Enjoyable stay.”

The Marmara, Bodrum
Ranked #6 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a well thought out hotel with an attentive staff. The hotel is a down hill stroll into the heart of Bodrum -- we walked to the castle/archeological museum/shops/restaurants. We did cab back as it is a hike back up the hill. Cabs are readily available in town.

The top of the hill position of course is what provides the stunning view. You can soak it in from the pool (nice size and clean) or the dining area. The breakfast is amazing. I don't think I've ever had a better breakfast offered to me at a hotel. The options are staggering and no matter what you like, you can leave satiated.

The beach club is a 10 minute ride away. It's not a beach you'd seek out, but it's a nice perk. It's basically a slice of rocky beach with a pier and nice lounge amenities. The staff there was really nice and it is a lovely way to relax for an afternoon. As I missed the free shuttles to the club, I took a taxi there for about 20$ US.

I found the room itself to be a nice size. I had a basic room. There is a living area with a step down to delineate space. It also had a little garden patio outside area. Wifi was good - I was able to log on for work, which generally requires a pretty decent connection.

My only demerits are that the water in the shower wasn't consistent...I would get bouts of hot or cold water even after spending a long time trying to get a comfortable temperature. There was also a hair in my tub and, when I went for a dropped earring in the bathroom, I found a pill was one the floor that wasn't from my stay. Finally, I did a non-refundable rate and was charged up front the 325$ish/night, but there were additional charges on my bill associated with room cost. I pointed them out and they were removed.

As an FYI: The hotel offers transfers from the airport for 100€, but you can go bodrumtransfers.com and get a basic private transfer for 72 TL.

All in, I spent a couple pleasant vacation days here in Bodrum, and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
oislam, Hotel Manager at The Marmara, Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your review about The Marmara Bodrum.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience; you have faced about the temperature of shower water and the cleaning of your room.

Please rest assured that all operational feedbacks which are much appreciated, had been brought into the attention of related department heads.

Once more thanks for your kind understanding.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Situated high on the hill overlooking Bodrum, the views from the restaurant and pool areas are amazing. The food was excellent and the room large and chic. Staying high on the hill is definitely preferable since Bodrum harbor is not a great swimming venue. The hotel does have a beautiful private beach on the opposite side of the mountain. Great place!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crosew802

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and review about our property.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stunning views, very clean, fab pool, outstanding staff. They go the extra mile to please you. we had bought fruits to take back to home and they packet it neatly in cartons for us. Special mention for the guest relations manager who gets a lot of character to the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and review about our property.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

There is very little I can fault with this Small Luxury Hotel of the World, perched high above Bodrum Harbour with truly spectacular views which are genuinely breathtaking both at sunrise and sunset.

The hotel is very smart indeed and the staff truly attentive - from the moment we checked in a week ago, there was nothing that was too much trouble for any of them.

We booked luxury sea view rooms, which we upgraded to Corner View Suites - which I would do again certainly. The hotel appears much larger than it is, partly I suspect because of both its grounds which are impressive and immaculate and the unusually spacious and comfortable public area spaces which are lovely, as indeed is the pool area overlooking the bay. Service here is not strained and is both considered and consistent even if some of the younger 'trainees' of which there were many, couldn't speak English, which is one criticism or observation I would draw to the attention of the management.

The accommodation is well appointed and boasts all the mod cons you would expect from a smart, well run, resort type hotel. Comfortable beds, great pillows, starched high thread count bed linen, good shower water pressure, in room safes and minibars all good. The wifi connection however was horrible with frequent drop offs and interrupted wifi service. Housekeeping didn't always replace my facecloths or tissues but did once I asked for both with a smile.

Breakfast, under the expert guidance of the wonderfully flamboyant Niño was a joy each morning as he greeted us with a broad and genuine smile and such genuine warm hospitality. Plenty of choice and 'panoramic' views as described by Niño. (Remember that English Breakfast tea, whilst available, is not commonplace in Turkey where Turkish Tea is an altogether different proposition.

We ate at Tutti, several times during our stay for lunch and on each occasion they delivered with smiley friendly and professional service. The food is also good, as you would expect given its attachment to the hotel.

As my first visit Bodrum I was very impressed by the hospitality we experienced here and will certainly be staying here again next year - as Resort / Destination hotels go, they don't get much better than this. It is as good at the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc which is some praise as anyone who has stayed there will confirm.

We stayed in ground floor rooms and perhaps next time may stay on a higher floor as the suites above us were occupied by guests who were particularly noisy, just bad luck on our part and in no way detracting from an otherwise wonderful stay.

Special thanks to Niño, Ibrahim, Cem, Aidan and Murat who all excelled and provided truly memorable service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the minute we arrived staff attended to our every need. I went with my best friend to this place and we had a blast. We picked it because it was rated on small luxury hotels of the world (www.slh.com) and we weren't disappointed. The property was beautiful. The included breakfast buffet was fantastic. And the staff was incredibly helpful.

It is not on the beach but they have a beach club that is beautiful that is about 15 minutes by shuttle from the hotel. They don't have a beach because they are up in the mountains lending to a breathtaking view every day and night. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff were. If you eat dinner there, do not miss the octopus and again, the breakfast buffet (which was included) was like no other.

The entire hotel was tastefully decorated and looked like an art museum, not just with pictures and paintings, but sculpture and furniture. The rooms were well kept, and unlike some of the other reviews I have seen on here, we never had a problem with housekeeping. Although I didn't see every room, I am almost positive that every room had an ocean view. In fact, the entire hotel was set up so that you can see the ocean, cut outs in the walls, benches facing the ocean, glass windows in the lobby looking out to the ocean, and the pool and restaurant overlooking the ocean.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Bodrum. It is pure luxury without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JenLynnG
oislam, Hotel Manager at The Marmara, Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and review about The Marmara Bodrum.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at The Marmara for three nights as our "splurge" at the end of travels thru Turkey, unfortunately this is NOT a luxury hotel making it quite a poor value.

the good - AMAZING views of Bodrum! the pool, grounds and common areas as well as the general style/aesthetic of the hotel.

the bad - strange shower water (turns cold), long walk to town, service, slow and generally not helpful. No one mentioned the breakfast, still no idea if it was included. I would guess not considering everything was an extra charge . . nuts at the bar, water with dinner.

Not to mention they ONLY provide TWO small bottles of water for your entire stay!!

Not luxury at all in my opinion for two people staying practically four days in a place where one is not suppose to drink the tap water. We were even denied extra bottles when calling the desk. We ended up buying water in town and carrying it back everyday as water from the hotel was 10 TL a bottle. Drinking water is something that is a MUST to provide to guests especially if you call yourself a luxury hotel.

The amazing views almost make the Marmara worth it but seems their priority is only making more money off your visit. sad.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review about The Marmara Bodrum.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience; you have faced about the temperature of shower water.

Once more thanks for your kind understanding.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really liked the cool lobby and public areas, although it felt a bit more Euro-trash than Turkish.

We booked an ocean view room, but you really had to crane your neck to see the ocean.

The best things:
1) The view of the city of Bodrum from the pool and restaurant
2) Amazing breakfast buffet
3) The area of the lobby where guests can write graffiti on the walls
4) The pools
5) The fitness area

So-so things:
1) The dinner restaurant was fine, but a bit expensive for the food quality. The view is great, though.
2) The room wasn't spectacular for the price, and as mentioned, not a great ocean view

The not good things
1) The pool was open until 8pm, but at about 6pm each night the staff would close up the umbrellas and start putting away all the pool furniture. What was that about? It made it very uncomfortable to hang out there.
2) The front desk staff were nice enough but not particularly helpful whenever we asked about something.
3) Our first night there, someone brought a plate with olives, bread and olive oil for dipping. How nice. Not so nice when the leftovers were still there 24 hours later after our room was supposedly cleaned.

A very nice place, but for the prices they could do better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WBird66

Thank you very much for your review about The Marmara Bodrum.

Your constructive feedbacks are much appreciated and been brought into the attention of department heads.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please rest assured the points that you have shown us will be improved asap.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodrum City
Rixos Premium Bodrum
Mandarin Resort
Mandarin Resort
#31 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to The Marmara, Bodrum? Share your experiences!