“Bodrum City Tour?”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Bodrum City Tour?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Well, the boat trip was OK. We paid a lot of Euros to have a city tour, when in reality it was like being a hostage! We were put on mini buses with a guide who rejoiced in the name Farty (?) He was very difficult to understand and it felt as if he was giving a political speech! We stopped somewhere and Lord knows why. Then we were taken to a high place to see half a dozen broken windmills, 3 camels, a donkey, and a man screeching orange juice which he was selling at a huge charge! We were treated to 15 minutes of this torture in the blazing sun with no shade! After we had survived this, we were put on a real coach and taken to a Gold Place. We were all given visitor badges and endured a speech by a man who thought it was up to us to rescue the Turkish economy and was very encouraging to spend huge amounts on jewellery. They would give credit as well! Then 2 huge doors opened and were taken inside a room that must have had 1 assistant to every visitor, all vying to make us purchase. I mean a watch at £7000! Come on! They were real pressure sellers. We eventually found the way out ,without helping the Turkish economy! Then we were on mini buses again and driven back to the town where we were left to get on with it! Some city tour....
I have had to rate a 1 hour visit but to be honest I wouldn't bother to go at all!!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Day on Adorya Is A Day in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have just returned from Turkey and Greece. The highlight of my trip was a day on the beautiful water on the gulet Adorya. What's not to like..calm quiet azue blue water, swimming off the boat, lunching on fresh fish, and the works. Captain Adil will treat you to a fantastic day. I found this tour on the internet and booked with Lyn who is a charming and fun character of the best kind.
She made the trip happen for the two of us. (There is an 8 person minimum. She worked hard to find others to go so that we could spend our day in paradise.) I feel like I have made a friend for life. Thank you Lyn.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank b j
Laramie, Wyoming
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Avoid the boat tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

For the price I paid (plus the undisclosed $40 bank transfer fee) for the boat trip I was extremely disappointed. The reservation form stated that I would only be charged for 20% of the price in advance, but I my receipt showed the full price paid. I let that slide...The dirty van picked us up at the port to take us to a daily boat tour as planned. The boat we were taken to was nothing like the pictures online. I thought we were going on a traditional "gulet" cruise, but the boat was in really bad shape with only rows of tables on the bottom deck and plastic lounge chairs packed as tightly as possible on the top deck with no shade. I was in disbelief when more and more people were packed on the boat and we were literally lying there like sardines. Lunch was pasta with mystery meat nuggets. Since we only had euros they were trying to convince us of an exchange rate for liras that was preposterous when we purchased water and beer. The boat took us to what appeared to be the more undesirable bays because the other nicer areas were already occupied. We didn't go the places advertised.

Bit of advice about boat trips in Bodrum: DO NOT USE A TOUR COMPANY LIKE TRAVEL SHOP TURKEY. I recommend booking the tour when you can actually see the boat you want to go on, then negotiate a price with the boat company at the marina. Even if you arrive that day on a cruise, there is a good chance you'll be able to book it if you get there early. I booked a boat trip this way in another Turkish city on another vacation that was much better. I got screwed for trying to plan ahead...

Visited July 2012