“Not my type of Beach” 2 of 5 bubbles

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not my type of Beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I think the name says it all.. Camel Beach.
You can catch rides on Camels, buy local merchandise from the kiosks, or take a dip in the sea. The shore wasn't thrilling, the water looked green because of the dark sand and seaweed.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hananjal

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice beach, not so nice for the camels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here as part of a boat trip we were on during our holiday. At first I was really looking forward to riding a camel as I thought it would be a once in a life time experience. When we got there I swiftly changed my mind, the camels looked dead as we walked up there obviously hot and tired, we watched a woman have a ride and the camel clearly did not want to get up or down. I decided I didn't want a ride to pay 10lira or to make the camel get up again!
The beach was nice and drinks and ice cream were chea. We snorkled in the sea and saw quite a few fish.
So overall good beach but don't bother going there if it's just for the camels or you will be disappointed!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank holidayingcouple3
Northampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“cruelty to camels”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Apart from being one of the least attractive places on the beautiful Bodrum peninsula, I was disturbed to see the camels being forced to constantly get up and down carrying tourists with no visible access to water and no rest time. We visited this place whilst on one of the wonderful boat trips available in this area. My advice would be to go on a boat trip, but if it goes to camel beach and you want a camel ride, go for the one that has a mounting station as it is much kinder for the animal.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Amanda H
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

dont bother it is dirty and full of bugs the camels look mistreated and the shops try to rip you off beware of them

Visited August 2013
3 Thank sarah w
Cork, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hot hot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We visited Camel beach on 2 boat trips while in Bitez....great experience. Very hot there so great for getting a tan, loads of camels to get a pic with, loads of shops & a fab café to cool off in the shade. The water is so fab to swim in too. Boat trips a must experience.

Visited June 2013