“Slow, Intimate, Thoroughly Enjoyable”

Zazu Cafe Restaurant Bar
Ranked #27 of 489 Restaurants in Bodrum City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We hit this restaurant on the Marina on a good night (based on other reviews) when the service was attentive without being pushy, the atmosphere perfect for quiet conversation, the wine list short but reasonable and the prices accessible.

We started with the chicken cesar which was a well built salad, and though did not have a dressing (or we missed it somehow?) the veggies were crisp and the chicken grilled to perfection. The small plate of olives and oil provided at the table dip for the salad.

My companion ordered the chicken kebab and I had the linguine seafood both of which arrived hot and were very tasty. We had planned to split the two dishes between ourselves but I ate ALL the linguine though she did manage to steal a few of the shrimp from the plate.

We enjoyed an interesting bottle of Turkish red wine that for some reason was served chilled (usually indicative of quality issues) but on that warm evening on the Marina it married surprisingly well with our meal.

We sat outside where the tables are very close together and though we could overhear conversations to the left and right did not feel we could not carry on our own conversations and quite frankly since I do not speak turkish just felt part of a common dining experience.

The prices were about 30TL for each entree and the selected wine was about the same so nothing really shocking and certainly a value compared to some of the other restaurants on the Marina.

The small menu has more diverse selections then other restaurants in the area (Burgers, Pasta, Steak) and if you want a little variety and a straight forward, no drama meal with friends or a companion, check out Zazu.

2  Thank Fred S

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Not to many selection in menu . Poor service average foods small portions.also too noisy when football on tv so i dont recommended this place.better if u go somewhere else

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Chilled relaxed and does a great variety of foods and drinks
Reasonably priced and good quality food. During the summer great cold iced drinks too
One of the main attractions too is that there is no-one in the street hassling you to go in... if you walk along the Marina road where this is situated everyone asks you to go to their restaurant and after 15 minutes it is tiresome saying thank you but no thank you 50 times
This was the first restaurant to leave you alone to male your own choice
I go to Bodrum a lot and always eat here and also it is clean and well looked after

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant is on the marina and well worth a visit, my husba\nd was really looking forward to having the salmon Taglatelli and was not dissapointed. where I had meatballs and pappers with taglatelli..very nice. Only downside (if any) was the price of the wine!!! it is very exspensive.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I ate at this place with a great location on Bodrum Marina because the outside tables looked really nice and my wife and son fancied burgers while I wanted pasta.
We got a good table and ordered a Mezze to share for starters thus was tasty, about 6 small dishes with hummus and haydari served with bread.
The waiter then brought out our mains while we were still eating shoved our plates aside and even plonked my pasta down on top of my starter plate I was too astonished to berate him so I left a pointedly insulting tip instead.
In assumed this may have been poor treatment of tourists but I also saw them do the same to a local couple at the next table.
My Seafood Pasta was Ok but the Zazu Cheeseburger was undercooked and very underwhelming.
Perhaps these tables are the best ones in the restaurant and they want to keep turning them over but I really question their method.