“Fugitive Alert - Scam Artist”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Restaurant

Marina Restaurant
Ranked #333 of 434 Restaurants in Bodrum City
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 2nd restaurant coming from castle opposite marina
San Francisco
“Fugitive Alert - Scam Artist”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We dined here and checked reviews after. What an aweful insulting experience. Terrible food and a 200 Euro bill (2 people).

3 Thank bdh1968

• Turkish first
scotland
“rip off do not go near it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

my husband and i were in gumbet for a holiday, the holiday was great apart from our last night when we were hassled into this restaurant. when we sat down water was immediately filled into our glasses so i thought it was free. we got our menus as my husband was vegetarian there was nothing on the menu when we asked the waiter if he could have an omelette he was not very pleased saying they only made them during the day. anyway he said he could get one. but didnt come with chips. i ordered chicken schnitzel and was told that didnt come with chips either so we had to order seperate chips. so our order was omellete chips, chen schnizel and chips and 2 beers.
they also werent pleased we didnt want salad garlic bread etc
honestly my chicken schnitzel was awful, but because we felt uneasy in the restaurant due to the waiter standing over us, i waited until their back were turned and wrapped the chicken in my napkin to give to the street dog.
when our bill came we were shocked it came to 95 lira.... this might not sound alot.. but on average our meals with the same items had been costing 40- 50 lira.. they added on a service charge as well and when i gave them 100 lira they did not give me my change. please do not go here as it restaurants like this that give turkey a bad name. the one fi=urther down the harem is fantastic.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank bertlennox
Westport, Connecticut
“Shocking Dishonesty; AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

3 weeks dining all over Turkey was wonderful...until we tried this awful place. The food was very weak, and they never presented a bill, just a scrap of paper totaling 295 TL, a preposterous amount for a simple dinner for 2, no wine or dessert, about triple the prices we paid in Istanbul and around Turkey. We did have 3 Efes beers which are usually 6 to8 TL a pop, but when questioned, they admitted charging us 46 TL for them. They were used to my outrage, so I realized that they are deliberately dishonest and got out of there...but I was tempted to just walk without paying. I hope some more courageous soul does this. They should not be allowed to operate.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 1962013
Staines, United Kingdom
“RIP OFF!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

As others have said avoid at all costs. Our 2 average meals cost over £180. We was recommended it by the Rep but didn't give the name so we just trusted him. We had fresh fish off the counter, that's when they had us, we didn't ask the price and they just whacked it right up. They were aggressive when we questioned the bill. Basically slightly better than being mugged, at least they do it with a smile at the beginning.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank steven t
“Low class thieves - avoid this place!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Similar to other reviewers, we were ripped off badly. First, there was the fish promised for 110 TL (same as we had actually paid the night before at a nearby place), but at the end of the meal was charged at 210 TL. Also the two calamari "appetizers" of which we only ordered one - These were served, not as appetizers, but as main course meals at eight times the price of a single appetizer. In a similar vein, we ordered one small salad for 10 TL but were charged for a salad for two at 28 TL. Also the spurious service charges of 40 TL and water for another 6. None of these prices are on the menu - they simply make them up. Plus they brought a different wine than I had ordered and tried to tell me it was the same (I am a winemaker). All in all, they more than doubled the bill and refused to adjust it in any way. After a lengthy and loud argument they made no accommodation and rudely pushed the bill at me. The food quality was irrelevant in the face of such criminal behavior. This experience spoiled an otherwise pleasant day. At all costs stay away from the Marina Restaurant on the waterfront in Bodrum (not the same place as the Marina Yacht Club restaurant, which is not far away). The Turkish Police should shut this place down.

• Visited September 2013