The physical hotel, rooms and pool are well laid out and apportioned and a great place to wind down but the service levels and English comprehension of the staff are amongst the poorest I have experienced of staff in any 5 star hotel worldwide.
I think probably 25% of the guest service staff either understand or choose to understand English.
Bar a couple of the staff the perception is serving you was a mission and a chore. Ironically the happiest liveliest staff were the room cleaning ladies, who cleaned the rooms exceptionally every day and worth commending.
My biggest issues were
1) billing my credit card in full when I arrived And was in my room without authority even though they charged me the higher rate for a flexed booking.
2) not turning the rooms down in the evening. This would be unacceptable at a normal hotel, with the comment having been Recieved that I need to request it. When requested the proceeded not to make the room anyway.
3) When asking for the GM to sort this query out, she is conveniently not avaliable and then the lack of english comprehension kicks in. I thought I would discuss these issues in person but it is like don't complain about problems as we will just smile and nod and please fill in a comments card
On some pointers if you want to stay here though, unless they sort their service levels out, but I would hesitate,
1) The restaurant for dinner is quite good even though wine is horrendously expensive. Try the grand burgers and pides for lunch and grand kebab for dinner.
2) The minibus taxis at the bottom of the street are great fun and value to get down at TL 3 pp to the city
3) The breakfast selection is good ( esp the beautiful olives) but the boiled eggs are over cooked.
4) They use instant coffee for cappuccinos even though they have a great machine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Yazıcı Hotel & Spa Bodrum offers you a memorable vacation with unique botanical garden, which is decorated with palm trees, banana trees and thousands of various flowers, 600sqm infinity pool with a perfect Bodrum Peninsula, St. Peter’s Castle, Cos Island and Marina view,Tastes from traditional Bodrum cuisine welcomes you at the Limon Restaurant, you will get satisfied with the international dishes from Mediterranean Cuisine and will enjoy the perfect view from every corner at the Peninsula RestaurantSPA by Yazıcı, the most exclusive SPA complex of Bodrum Peninsula, is placed on 2500 sqm area with heated indoor pool, VIP SPA, fitness center with latest technology equipments, Turkish Hamams, Saunas, Steam rooms, massage and treatment rooms, skin & body care rooms, healthy life center, also a open tennis court for day and night use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Yazici Bodrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Yazici Bodrum Hotel Bodrum