I would give this hotel 3.5 stars.
Based on the reviews I read, I was starting to dread my options in Ankara. We were staying one night and catching a train. This hotel, which is maybe 5 minutes walk from Genclik Park and 15-20 to the train station, was a good choice for us.
1. Breakfast included - it comes pre-packaged but it was decent.
2. Staff was very helpful and friendly.
3. Cost was reasonable - we were only staying one night.
4. Our room, on the 4th floor, was quiet and very clean. Amenities were provided (soap, shampoo, etc.)
5. Location was good- close to the park, the subway, and you can walk through the park to the train station.
6. Wifi included.
1. Other than its proximity to the train station, the location wasn't particularly great, but there was a grocery store nearby and a few restaurants.
The place has an old feel to it, but it wasn't drabby or dreary as others had said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Mithat offers comfort and secure accommodation opportunity at the Ankara city center with super budget prices. Customers with their families are mostly welcomed since they do not need to spend time for searching a better place. At the walking distance there is a lot of restaurants and recreational areas like Turkish bath, Museums, Castle of Ankara and modern shopping malls. Hotel Mithat is supplying high quality services by reasonable prices to her customers with her well-educated stuff. All the rooms have nice sight seeing of Ankara. All rooms have bath, direct phone, TV. Breakfast and room services are available for 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Mithat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.