I can recommend the Atalay Hotel if you are looking for very good service and good value for money. It is clean and centrally located. Very good choice for exploring Ankara.
Reasons to choose the Hotel Atalay:
- great and service minded staff; from the front desk crew to the bell captains, restaurant staff, gym manager and housekeeping crew. They were all very polite, professional, helpful and they contributed to make my stay an enjoyble one
- great value for money
- clean hotel
- complementary wifi and bottled water
- centrally located for exploring the old town
- possible to reach the hotel with bus 442 from and to the airport. Stops 300-500 meters away from the Atalay hotel
- good amenities
Reasons not to:
- heavily trafficked street right outside the hotel which means more or less continuously noise
- pollution from the traffic, road dust etc
- hotelareas which smelled strongly of old smoke
The staff at the Atalay hotel is great. They are very service minded and helpful. Not all of them speak English. This can create some challenges when it comes to communication, but I did not find this problematic for the service provided. The whole staff were very friendly and caring. I felt very welcomed.
The room was adequate, but not the most modern one. The important thing for me was that the room was clean. As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are not that big, but the bed was comfortable with nice linen. The hotel provides nice amenities. The challenge was that it was not possible to keep the window open at night because of the noise and pollution from the traffic. The room is equipped with air condition so this might be a substitute for lack of open window.
The gym was good and sufficient with nice dressing rooms and sauna. It lacked some weightlifting equipment, but has okay cardio equipment. Based on the room and general standard my evaluation is that this is a very good three star hotel, but not really a four star. Anyway, three star or four star - the Atalay hotel provides great value for money.
Breakfast is served on 10 th floor with very nice view of the city. The selection is good with both hot and cold dishes.
There are so many buses going to Ulus, so there is plenty of public communication if you want to explore the city beyond range of walking. In addition the bell captain easily provides taxis. There are bus stops 50-150 meters from the hotel.
From the airport you can catch the Havas buses which takes you more or less directly to the Havas busstation close to Ulus (10 lire). It might be to fare to walk to the hotel, but a taxi is not expensive and brings you to the hotel. The other super alternative to get to Atalay hotel is to catch bus 442 which runs about every 20 minutes from and to the airport. The bus stop is about 300-500 meters from the Atalay hotel. Smooth and cheap. The price for the bus is about 5,25 lire and you can buy ticket as you board the bus. From the city the 442 bus has 4-5 stops after the stop close to the hotel and the trip takes about 30 minutes (no traffic).
Tourist information is located in the Ulus Park. It is open from Monday to Friday 0830-1600.
If you are sensitive for noise or/and pollution I recommend you not staying at the Atalay hotel. If not, this is very good alternative if you are visiting Ankara!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atalay Hotel is located in the old city center Ulus, Ankara. All must seen places of the capital of Anatolia is just a walk distance. Easy to travel as it is in the main street, close to all kinds of vehicles. Ancient Roman Baths, Anatolian Civilizations Museum, Haci Bayram Mosque and many others are waiting for you. Be our guest and see the difference of our friendly personnel and clean, comfortable and warm hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atalay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.