“ONE GREAT NIGHT”
Review of Swissotel Ankara

Swissotel Ankara
Ranked #8 of 179 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While on a group trip with thirty others sponsored by Gate1 travel. We stayed one night in this grand hotel. We were greeted with courtesy and quickly shown to our rooms. The amemities were all first rate with the only hotel in all our trip to have actual ball point pens in the room. Not only a tub with a jacuzzi but also a shower with a rainforest showerhead. we were surrounded by embassies and top rated apartments and easily found a great dinner place.. The breakfast the next morning would have pleased a Saudi prince in the breadth and scope of its offerings. my only regret was that i could not stay longer and discover the many amenities also offered..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay at this Ankara hotel. Everything in the hotel is fresh, clean, and attractive.

Our room was fairly large with a king bed, armchair and stool, desk, dresser, TV. The bath has a walk-in rainfall shower with strong pressure and temperature consistency. There is a separate bathtub. There is a window between the bathroom and the bedroom, but I fail to understand the value of that.

It's a short walk (two long blocks) to an area with lots of interesting local restaurants. We greatly enjoyed our dining experience at a restaurant identified on my credit card statement as ADANA SOFRASI GIDA. We had a group of 11 eating together and the servers were fun and added to the enjoyment of the evening. Other friends ate at different restaurants in the area and they also enjoyed their experiences.

The WiFi was having problems when we were there. They couldn't get it to work, so they offered to let me use a computer in the business center for free. Two computers were available there and they worked well. There was a price list posted to use them but, as I said, I didn't need to pay.

The breakfast buffet was more western than any other we tried in Turkey. We thought it was quite good.

This is a very nice hotel and we would likely stay here again if we return to Ankara.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is the best hotel in Ankara due to location.You can go everywhere easily and you are far away from city noise.Especially staff is so friendly.They try to make you feel comfortable during your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cihan D
Reviewed May 21, 2013

As I expected, Swiss Hotel made me very comfortable on my stay. Everything was fabulous. Specially, location was an advantage of our trip. Besides, I was so eager to have typical Swiss Hotel breakfast, and I got what I expected. Wonderful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Swissotel in Ankara is spiffy, modern, and conveniently located. One can walk from there to the supermart, wine stores, restaurants. Ankara of course has no historic sites like Istanbul but who is comparing? You need to take Ankara for what it is - the capital of Turkey. It has office buildings, some of them Soviet architecture inspired but again, you come to Ankara for either business or a starting point to somewhere else.

Because we stayed at this hotel in the midlle of a 14 day trip, I welcomed the modern amenities and the "energy" of Swissotel. I felt a little bit more spoiled. From Swissotel, we took a taxi ($7 one way but we share this with another couple) to a very good "Fish" (seafood) restaurant in Park Fora Balik (I will review separately but reviews are not cross-reference so I will give you tip here). It is only about a 10-minute taxi ride from the hotel. The food is excellent, a little pricey maybe but it is gourmet and the ambience is good, the service excellent! Tell the Cabbie you want to go to Selim Albas Metrotel par Fora Balik restaurant. You will not regret it. Expect to pay $50 for a bottle of wine, expect to pay a little more than $100 for dinner for two but your wife will love you for taking her there. Go for the grilled bream!

Room Tip: I won't know--I was on the third floor and I was fine!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Ankara is a big city. Is smaller than Istanbul and with tacky architecture but had good time and this hotel made my stay even better.
Filiz the manager she is very good lady and she has trained her staff well. Me like a businessman can really spot that. She is responsible, reliable and she is there when you need her to provide you the right directions to any question. Spotless rooms, great breakfast. Enjoyed the spa very much too.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had one night at the hotel. I'm here to make your holiday with my family. Fitness and Spa is clean and qualified. Hotel overall was quiet. High comfort of the room. Hotel of the city in a quiet zone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family